EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I am undecisive.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 10:29:47 PM
I'm looking to reroll in World of Warcraft as a new Horde character. Where should I make said new character?

I'd prefer starting on a relatively new server with very low pop and very few raid guilds started. Any EC'ers that wouldn't mind me playing with them on such a server(I'd like to help start the raidage for once, instead of joining what's already started.)?

If there isn't anyone who plays on such a described server, I guess I'll just roll up a new guy on Zul'Jin, or something.

No PvP servers either btw.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 10:30:48 PM
quote:
Willias said this about your mom:
No PvP servers either btw.

Pussy.

Just go ahead and roll Alliance if you're not going PVP.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-16-2006 10:38:06 PM
Having experienced most things the PvE game has to offer (excluding AQ), and now being level 50 on a PvP server, I have to say you're robbing yourself of a very entertaining option by not playing PvP.

It's easy enough to ignore or avoid PvP most of the time, anyway.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 10:39:41 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Sean said:
Pussy.

<--------59 Rogue on a PvP server.

Know what the difference is between a PvP server and a PvE server?

Nothing, except you get camped by high levels once people start raiding (seen it happen first hand on Dark Iron), you get ganked many times by people after killing mobs, and get ganked a lot in general unless you're a class that can stealth.

Then, once you do get to level 60, the only real pvp you get is ganking in the high level zones or Battlegrounds. Except for the ganking, there's no difference between a PvE server's PvP and PvP server's PvP, except for the fact that more people are going to compete for honor.

Generally, I find that PvP servers are for people that like seeing the graveyard more as they level up.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 10:42:08 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Lashanna wrote:
Having experienced most things the PvE game has to offer (excluding AQ), and now being level 50 on a PvP server, I have to say you're robbing yourself of a very entertaining option by not playing PvP.

It's easy enough to ignore or avoid PvP most of the time, anyway.

Maybe a low pop PvP server would be better, but Dark Iron just got annoying at times.

Really annoying to drop a mob and get steamrolled by a 60 warrior that mystically appears outta no where. >:(

Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 10:43:57 PM
quote:
Seaning:
Pussy.

The only thing PVP servers have to offer over regular servers is griefing.

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 10:52:28 PM
quote:
FUCK. MOTHERFUCKING SHIT. DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW FUCKING STUPID YOU ARE? SHIT. FUCK. It's not your fault, Maradon!.
The only thing PVP servers have to offer over regular servers is griefing.

You must play on a PVE server that loves PVP, then. Or you're talking out of your ass.

I can get more BGs in a day where I am now than I could in a week back on my PVE server.

Pretty sure you're just talking out of your ass, though.

Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 10:55:12 PM
quote:
x--SeanO-('-'Q) :
You must play on a PVE server that loves PVP, then. Or you're talking out of your ass.

I can get more BGs in a day where I am now than I could in a week back on my PVE server.

I can get into any of the three BG's at almost any time of day in about 15 minutes.

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 10:56:54 PM
Doomhammer loves PVP, then.

Play your game, I'll play mine.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 10:57:14 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Knight Rider:

Didn't you used to play on Elune?

Seriously now.

Back on Zul'Jin, there generally wasn't much wait time to get into a Battleground Horde-side. It's all about which side you're on and how good the popuation is balanced. If it's close to 1:1 alliance:horde, you're gonna get a lot more PvP on both sides. If one side greatly outnumbers the other, one side won't seem to get in as much PvP, while the opposing side will seem to get in more.

HOWEVER, PvP servers DO have more Battlegrounds going on than PvE servers usually. It's still pretty reliant on population balance, but since more people are wanting to kill each other on a PvP server, you're going to see more people queue up.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 10:58 PM.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 01-16-2006 10:57:26 PM
You mustve had a crappy PvE server it sounds like, I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a BG on my server.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 11:00:02 PM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Knight Rider:
You mustve had a crappy PvE server it sounds like, I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a BG on my server.

From my understanding, Alliance-side Elune was pretty crappy for PvP. They greatly outnumbered the Horde and the uber Horde guilds weren't nearly as well equipped as the uber Alliance guilds.

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 11:00:11 PM
Yeah, wait a fucking second, Maradon's on Doomhammer. When you're on the highest populated server in the game, of course there aren't going to be waits for BGs.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 01-16-2006 11:01:36 PM
quote:
Willias was naked while typing this:
From my understanding, Alliance-side Elune was pretty crappy for PvP. They greatly outnumbered the Horde and the uber Horde guilds weren't nearly as well equipped as the uber Alliance guilds.

Yeah, if you're on the more highly populated side, you're screwed no doubt there.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 11:06:29 PM
I think the only time I had enjoyment in world PvP on Dark Iron is when I got to help out people that were being griefed by higher level players, or owned people who ganked me after killing a mob.

The rest of the time I either got ganked by people who were higher level than me, got ganked while fighting something, or felt bad about killing someone who didn't expect me to attack. :/

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 11:08:43 PM
I don't think Dark Iron is comparable to normal PVP servers. That thing sounds like one huge arranged BG.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 11:13:43 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Sean wrote:
I don't think Dark Iron is comparable to normal PVP servers. That thing sounds like one huge arranged BG.

What level are you guys on Akama (correct server, right?) anyways?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 01-16-2006 11:32:29 PM
As I say to everyone here: if you roll Horde on Uther, I'll gladly help you out both with instances and items (sometimes cash if I'm particularly rich). It's an established server, but not a bad place to start if you're willing to transfer your character late (I've connections with a Zul'jin raiding guild that will moving as whole when those come out. Also, I've low level rogue and warlock that it'd be nice to have company on (gotta catch my rogue up to my gf's shaman).
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Sean
posted 01-16-2006 11:43:37 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Tron:
What level are you guys on Akama (correct server, right?) anyways?

54, 50, 50, and some in their 40s.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-16-2006 11:43:41 PM
Low 50s down to mid 30s, I think is the range.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Sean
posted 01-16-2006 11:58:18 PM
Delid doesn't count.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 11:59:26 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about dark elf butts:
Low 50s down to mid 30s, I think is the range.

I'll try joining you guys.

Any classes you'd like to join you that don't cast heal spells?

(I liked playing a shaman on Zul'Jin up until I started raiding. When I stopped playing as a hybrid and started playing as a healer, I disliked playing the character.)

Edit: Though I may still end up a shaman, because I really like the shaman class. But I probably won't spend a single talent point in the Restoration line.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-17-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-17-2006 12:25:45 AM
PvP for the win!

I do not get ganked very often at all (maybe once a night) and if they are being pricks about it, I just go somewhere else. I am having a lot of fun now that I am playing on a PvP server... I am just kinda ticked that I wasted so much time trying to level up on Elune. I coulda been 60 by now! :3 Oh wells.

Smashing elves for the win!

/mooooooo

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 01-17-2006 01:14:16 AM
I JUST started a troll shaman on Akama (I looked for new, coincidence!)

Im like, level 16 now, but I have to work 40 hours a week, then go to school for another 20, so weekends are my staple play time.

Fizodeth fucked around with this message on 01-17-2006 at 01:14 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: