EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Second class Moderation
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 01-15-2006 06:42:36 PM
An ancient story tells of a hungry man despising “his birthright” and selling it to his brother, for a meal. A more recent story tells of Parcelan inheriting Evercrest Forums when its creator left for other pursuits in a similar way, today’s EC members are giving away their right to basic rights, either from ignorance, or for the equivalent of mildly entertaining posts, infrequent stories and random attacks on other members.

This power of Parcelan over forum politics should be brought to discussion there can be no such thing as a second class forum member to a Moderator protections for all EC members must be equal in their eyes. How can it be claimed that a particular group of members enjoy favor under the current absolute power of Parcelan also have the right to ignore forum rules and protections? The Forum guidelines were provided by the forum creator to give them a sense of order. All other powers and rights stem from these rules. Parcelanional power over a group of EC citizens is both sobering and frightening in its potential for abuse. Those who have been here long enough, no doubt have often commented that the boards are in decline all while under Parcelan. There has been an Exodus of the more popular and creative members who have either left entirely or seldom making any apperance.

Poster classifications and discrimination against outsiders have always had their defenders, but I say Poster classifications divide our forum members in meaningless ways. It's time to end them. Either you are a member of the forum enjoying the same rights and privileges as any other member your or you are not a member. Either you are a Moderator impartially enforcing the guidelines of the forum or you are not and if you aren’t you should be replaced with one that will.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sean
posted 01-15-2006 06:45:07 PM
Shut up.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Jackman
posted 01-15-2006 06:46:58 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Sean was all like:
Shut up.

HELP HELP!! I'm being repressed. Now you will see the failings inherent in the current political system.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-15-2006 07:36:35 PM
I've lurked this board for a long time, recently I decided to be a contributing memeber. I personaly have no problem with Parcelan. Since nothing ever happens around here that would warrent any type of moderation I really dont understand how he could screw up as bad you say he does. The only problem that seems to be here is you. From what Ive read, your not very liked and for good reason. Your half ass "reviews" and threads are quite annoying and has apparantly made some people put you on their ignore list.

Lets face it, this post isnt a complaint. Its a cry for help, your trying to get some sort of respect by calling out Parc. When really I dont think its Parc that dislikes you, more a majority of the board.

-postroliphophus- fucked around with this message on 01-15-2006 at 07:37 PM.

nem-x
posted 01-15-2006 07:45:47 PM
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-15-2006 08:15:20 PM
Jackthor, shut the hell up.

Okay, so you've grown up JUST ENOUGH to consider the fact that you should maybe talk a tad less on Wal-Mart and such. Good job, you're still an annoying little twat. You, asshole, obviously still thinks with your dick, otherwise you wouldn't have given this fucking sob story. Just what the fuck do you know about how something should be run? Just what the fuck do you know about how a privately owned space, left primarily to Parcelan to take care of, should exist as?

You pathetic shit, with your ridiculous outlook on life, trying to cover up your low-grade thinking and closed mind with some half assed fucking nonsensical lip service! This is a fuck-utterly childish mindset. You lack the talent and intelligence to live your own life and be your own person. You are going nowhere, you know nothing and have nothing, and there's nothing you bother to do about it. You are dead. Your thoughts, your feelings, your instinct is clouded by your attempts to become what you think you should be becoming. Your mind, heart, and soul are dead. You speak, but the sound is nothing but white noise. You don't know who you are. Your life is self-absorbed, self-righteous bullshit. You sicken and disgust me. You are waiting for a point of revelation that will never come. There is no Event Horizon, no Evolution, you are stuck. You are nowhere. You are plastic. You are dead.

Get out of my sight.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 01-15-2006 08:18:01 PM
quote:
Vallo stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Jackthor, shut the hell up.

Okay, so you've grown up JUST ENOUGH to consider the fact that you should maybe talk a tad less on Wal-Mart and such. Good job, you're still an annoying little twat. You, asshole, obviously still thinks with your dick, otherwise you wouldn't have given this fucking sob story. Just what the fuck do you know about how something should be run? Just what the fuck do you know about how a privately owned space, left primarily to Parcelan to take care of, should exist as?

You pathetic shit, with your ridiculous outlook on life, trying to cover up your low-grade thinking and closed mind with some half assed fucking nonsensical lip service! This is a fuck-utterly childish mindset. You lack the talent and intelligence to live your own life and be your own person. You are going nowhere, you know nothing and have nothing, and there's nothing you bother to do about it. You are dead. Your thoughts, your feelings, your instinct is clouded by your attempts to become what you think you should be becoming. Your mind, heart, and soul are dead. You speak, but the sound is nothing but white noise. You don't know who you are. Your life is self-absorbed, self-righteous bullshit. You sicken and disgust me. You are waiting for a point of revelation that will never come. There is no Event Horizon, no Evolution, you are stuck. You are nowhere. You are plastic. You are dead.

Get out of my sight.

That looks almost like one of those generated insult things... think that up all by yourself, did you?

Then again, Jackman's looked like a C&P too so... I guess it all evens out.

ArchAngel fucked around with this message on 01-15-2006 at 08:20 PM.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-15-2006 08:21:38 PM
Nope, mine is not at all randomly generated actually.
Maradon!
posted 01-15-2006 08:22:25 PM
The poop appears to be hewn from solid rock.
ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 01-15-2006 08:24:27 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Vallo said this:
Nope, mine is not at all randomly generated actually.

Then you spent more time than was necessary. May as well be talking to a brick wall.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Jackman
posted 01-15-2006 08:30:48 PM
Mine wasn't C&P either. I actualy took time to think about what I wanted to say and how to say it.

No one realy gives anything you say real consideration Vallo. Your Unanswered PM'S are testament to that fact.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-15-2006 08:53:22 PM
quote:
Jackman enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Mine wasn't C&P either. I actualy took time to think about what I wanted to say and how to say it.

No one realy gives anything you say real consideration Vallo. Your Unanswered PM'S are testament to that fact.

I may not be the most popular guy around these parts, but I'm pretty damn confident I'm taken alot more seriously than you and your random guesses to my PM box.

Jackman
posted 01-15-2006 08:56:58 PM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I may not be the most popular guy around these parts, but I'm pretty damn confident I'm taken alot slightly more seriously than you and your random insightful guesses to my PM box.

Fixed that for you.

Maradon!
posted 01-15-2006 11:03:43 PM
ITT: WE ARGUE OVER WHO'S THE BIGGER DORK
Steven Steve
posted 01-15-2006 11:41:33 PM
Jackman, die.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 01-15-2006 11:42:48 PM
Also, what the hell has Parcelan done wrong? I think there's a serious flaw with your argument here. It's not like he flies around banning everyone on a whim or anything. He just insults them, and it's usually duly, like in your case. Stop whining.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Jackman
posted 01-15-2006 11:48:15 PM
1) it's my belief that Moderators should be impartial and anonymous. Parcelan is neither.

2) Stating that a member of the forum is second class and normal rules of etiquette do not apply where they are concerned

Other than those two? I have nothing against him, heck I'd have him over for dinner, let him date/marry/dump my sister etc.

Sean
posted 01-15-2006 11:58:54 PM
We used to have anonymous mods, they didn't work. Your continued existance is testimony enough to that.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 12:05:14 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Jackman:
1) it's my belief that Moderators should be impartial and anonymous. Parcelan is neither.

Ok, but is that EC's belief. If this were your board then I'd say you have some form of an argument, but its not.

-postroliphophus- fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 12:06 AM.

Jackman
posted 01-16-2006 12:11:13 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about pies:
We used to have anonymous mods, they didn't work. Your continued existance is testimony enough to that.

Flawed arguement. I'm still here and I only showed up after Parcelan was named a MOD. Or if you want to suggest I have been here longer than Parcelan was a mod (which I haven't) then its still flawed as I am still here and Parcelan is a mod.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-16-2006 12:14:52 AM
Parce is fine.

We come here to have fun with friends and quasi-friends.

Loosen up.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 01-16-2006 01:23:17 AM
I know this isn't the thread, but it's been gnawing at me...

Jackman, in your sig, it's Slinkys, not Slinky's.

That's all

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 02:24:30 AM
Some people are like slinky is.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-16-2006 02:26:10 AM
Second-Class Maradon.
Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 02:30:31 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mr. Parcelan who doth quote:
Second-Class Maradon.

That's exactly what I think every time I see this thread.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-16-2006 02:43:29 AM
What would a second-class Maradon be like?
Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 03:30:20 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mr. Parcelan booooze lime pole over bench lick:
What would a second-class Maradon be like?

Probably like me, only a little worse.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-16-2006 04:34:22 PM
quote:
Jackman had this to say about Cuba:
Mine wasn't C&P either.

Not C&P but plagerized all the same.

" An ancient Jewish story tells of a hungry Esau despising “his birthright” and selling it to his brother, Jacob, for a meal of stew.1 A more recent story tells of Peter Minuit purchasing the entire island of Manhattan from Indians, in 1626, “for a handful of merchandise – mostly trinkets.”2 In a similar way, today’s tribal members are giving away their right to constitutional protections – their American birthright, either from ignorance, or for the modern equivalent of a bowl of stew or “a handful of merchandise – mostly trinkets.”

"

I can actually post the orginal of the rest as well. Juxtaposing different names and whanot ala MadLibs style is pretty much what they were getting at. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a PreGenerated script out there somewhere where you can do this with the click of a button. (Which you probably did)

"Tribal Sovereignty and Constitutional Rights" - Darrel Smith.

Never underestimate the diversity of a community, and who/what political affiliations they may have.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 04:45 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 01-16-2006 05:15:21 PM
Ha ha... internet drama.
The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 01-16-2006 06:08:07 PM
quote:
Mayor of Townsville had this to say about Cuba:
Ha ha... internet drama.

/tears

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Ryuujin
posted 01-16-2006 08:50:32 PM
Steven Steve
posted 01-16-2006 09:12:34 PM
quote:
Mayor of Townsville had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Ha ha... internet drama.

Comedy? Farce?

Maradon!
posted 01-16-2006 09:16:02 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Ryuujin who doth quote:
[xIMG]http://neko4485.homestead.com/files/rapefields.jpg[/IMG]

Rape Blossom is what produces the rapeseed from which canola oil is made.

Steven Steve
posted 01-16-2006 09:51:09 PM
There's a store right outside my gym called MARDON and whenever I see it I laugh.

Maradon!
posted 01-17-2006 03:23:14 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfisting:
There's a store right outside my gym called MARDON and whenever I see it I laugh.

Haha!

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-17-2006 03:39:01 AM
Hrm. Wackyness ensues.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Ryuujin
posted 01-17-2006 03:41:00 PM
On the flip side, every time I run through Maraudon, I kill a puppy.
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-17-2006 07:33:30 PM
Yeah... every time I hear someone looking for a Mauradon raid, it's all I can do to keep from telling them they spelled it wrong...
Steven Steve
posted 01-17-2006 09:01:56 PM
I think there are more words resembling Maradon than any other common user on here. (Besides any responses to this you might come up with)

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-17-2006 09:16:46 PM
I got a foe dot!

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: