EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: CoH/CoV
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-15-2006 05:09:57 PM
So I got them. And I'm enjoying them.

And so far I'm resisting the temptation to make politically incorrect heroes and villains (The Papal Avenger vs...ZOMBIE CHRIST)

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-15-2006 05:33:43 PM
What server are you on?
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-15-2006 05:37:39 PM
Wish I could show ya around, but I had to cancel CoH/CoV because I still can't find a job.

Soon as I get some money I'll be back, though.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 01-15-2006 05:40:54 PM
I may renew my account for a month, mainly to get some pics of my toons, but if I do I can lend ya some cash for your heroes.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-15-2006 06:55:33 PM
I plan on playing again once they make it so arch-villains won't spawn in solo missions. Statesman said they're working on that and making many of the sweet costume options in CoV available for CoH if you have CoV.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Steven Steve
posted 01-15-2006 07:10:39 PM
An epic battle is raging within my mind as to whether I should resubscribe or not. My friends ignoring me is getting kinda old hahaha

Maybe I will just do some power cleans instead.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-16-2006 02:12:06 AM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about dark elf butts:
What server are you on?

Most of the EC crowd is on Guardian.
Virtue is the unofficial RP server.

Even if you play on Guardian, I suggest you make at least one hero on Virtue and head to Gemini Park in Galaxy City. That's where alot of RPers tend to hang out, just look for the lamp post allmost straight out from the Perez Park gate.

On a good day, you can catch some good RP in the park. On a bad day, it's like watching a trainwreck. Horrid, but still fun to watch.

Palador ChibiDragon fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 02:13 AM.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-16-2006 02:20:19 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon said:
On a good day, you can catch some good RP in the park. On a bad day, it's like watching a trainwreck. Horrid, but still fun to watch.

Cyber.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-16-2006 02:28:50 AM
quote:
Mortious's account was hax0red to write:
Cyber.

In the park? Oh, gods no. One little mistell, and the whole crowd would hear it. And then repeat the mistell over every chat channel they can get their hands on, and within five minutes everyone playing CoH will know about it.

Well... now that I think about it... I do sometimes see two or three characters head off for a more remote area of the park. I assumed they were just 'stepping away' to RP a private conversation, but maybe not.

Just wait until they put in Hideouts. Then everyone will have a proper place to go for that.

Palador ChibiDragon fucked around with this message on 01-16-2006 at 02:30 AM.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-16-2006 02:31:15 AM
I once stumbled across a dwarf and a wood elf cybering in EQ.

Horror.

But I had that SK spell that rendered you invisible at that time anyway so I hung around and watched.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 01-16-2006 08:56:57 AM
Commodore a Villain on Guardian
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-16-2006 10:17:35 AM
My main hero (Quarrel; an archer blaster) and my main villain (Von Braun the Science Brute) are on Triumph. I might make characters on the other servers.

Telling you as a newbie...villains have it a LOT easier to start than heroes.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-16-2006 12:00:19 PM
Hey Deth, did you know your PM box is full? It's funny because I can't even reply to the one you sent me because of it. I just sit back and laugh and laugh.

And then I go play WoW. CoH was a lot of fun but it got very repetitive, very fast I have more fun making characters than anything else. haha

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-16-2006 01:30:57 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael impressed everyone with:
My main hero (Quarrel; an archer blaster) and my main villain (Von Braun the Science Brute) are on Triumph. I might make characters on the other servers.

Unless you're a scrapper.

The reason for this is that at the lower levels, damage is king. Being able to kill the enemy before they kill you is of utmost importance. This works out really well for low-level villains because all the villain ATs are, for the most part, more offensively-geared than heroes.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-16-2006 01:55:01 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:

Try a stalker.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-16-2006 02:54:52 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Sakkra wrote:
Unless you're a scrapper.

The reason for this is that at the lower levels, damage is king. Being able to kill the enemy before they kill you is of utmost importance. This works out really well for low-level villains because all the villain ATs are, for the most part, more offensively-geared than heroes.

Actually, due out with I7 next month (and on test right now) are temp powers that last until you reach level 10. They are all attacks of some kind, and they differ based on your origin. Natural gets the only damaging one, but I've heard mention of a tranq dart for one of the others.

From what the people on test are saying, this makes things alot better, especally for the more support oriented heroes.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-16-2006 03:07:58 PM
quote:
From the book of Bajah, chapter 3, verse 16:
Hey Deth, did you know your PM box is full? It's funny because I can't even reply to the one you sent me because of it. I just sit back and laugh and laugh.

And then I go play WoW. CoH was a lot of fun but it got very repetitive, very fast I have more fun making characters than anything else. haha

Fixed the PM box thing.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-16-2006 08:09:03 PM
I only have CoV atm, but it came with a 14 day CoH trial. Once I've tried out CoV a bit, I may activate that and see if I like the goodie goodie side.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Malbi
posted 01-16-2006 10:41:32 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I only have CoV atm, but it came with a 14 day CoH trial. Once I've tried out CoV a bit, I may activate that and see if I like the goodie goodie side.

Ahh so it IS true men are from the city of heroes and women are from the city of villians...

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-16-2006 10:44:05 PM

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-16-2006 10:44:36 PM
I'm from both, bay-bee

It's like sneaking into a sorority

Malbi
posted 01-16-2006 10:47:59 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote this stupid crap:
I'm from both, bay-bee

It's like sneaking into a sorority

now I can't get the mental image out of my head of a panda wearing a pair of green panties running for his life dodging lightning bolts...

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-16-2006 11:34:20 PM
Everyone knows supervillains have the hotter women.

Malbi
posted 01-16-2006 11:38:50 PM
yeah all the villans are women and the heroines tend to be girls heh heh
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-17-2006 12:28:06 AM
quote:
Bajah thought about the meaning of life:
I have more fun making characters than anything else. haha

I think I spent more time in the character creation screen than I did in the actual game. I must have filled up three or four servers with alts

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-17-2006 02:11:53 AM
So, what's the difference between Blasters and Archers? Besides the fact that one shoots shit out of their hands and the other one uses a bow for that.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 01-17-2006 02:23:10 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Tarquinn:
So, what's the difference between Blasters and Archers? Besides the fact that one shoots shit out of their hands and the other one uses a bow for that.

Archery isn't a new archetype; it's just another powerset for Blasters and Defenders.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Tarquinn
posted 01-17-2006 03:03:09 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-17-2006 03:34:57 AM
Blasters = People who shoot things, whether that shooting comes from energy blasts, fire, assault rifles, bow&arrow, etc.
Tarquinn
posted 01-17-2006 03:50:13 AM
quote:
Sakkra said this about your mom:
Blasters = People who shoot things, whether that shooting comes from energy blasts, fire, assault rifles, bow&arrow, etc.

Yeah, that's why I wondering what an Archer archetype would make different. It isn't an archetype, so my question is answered.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-17-2006 10:23:14 AM
I've been smitten by the profundity of your knowledge of minutia.

I like him because he has a bow. And I've been reading a lot of Green Arrow lately.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-17-2006 01:09:08 PM
I was a tiny god... some days I miss it.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Tarquinn
posted 01-17-2006 02:19:54 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
I've been smitten by the profundity of your knowledge of minutia.

I like him because he has a bow. And I've been reading a lot of Green Arrow lately.

Minutiae.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-17-2006 02:36:14 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Robocop:
Actually, due out with I7 next month (and on test right now) are temp powers that last until you reach level 10. They are all attacks of some kind, and they differ based on your origin. Natural gets the only damaging one, but I've heard mention of a tranq dart for one of the others.

From what the people on test are saying, this makes things alot better, especally for the more support oriented heroes.

This is now in. My natural MM has throwing knives now, haven't checked other ATs.

Edit:

Natural - Throwing knives, minor lethal damage + lethal DoT
Science - Tranq Dart - minor lethal/toxic damage + sleep
Tech - Taser Dart - minor energy damage + hold
Magic - Apprentice Charm - minor energy damage + damage resistance debuff
Mutation - Mutagen Capsule - minor toxic damage + damage debuff

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 01-17-2006 at 02:49 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: