EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Has anyone seen portable sonar backer upper thingy mabobbers?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-08-2006 08:32:24 PM
You know those things that are on the back of some cars and there is a speaker that beeps in the car faster and faster the closer you back up to an object.

Are there portable versions of those things? I get to start driving the delivery trucks tomorrow and anything that would help me back in is a good thing. That and the only test I failed was judging the distance in the mirrors about how far I was to the pylons (was 3 feet away when I was suppose to get 1 foot distance).

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-08-2006 08:55:01 PM
Ducttape an underling to the back of your truck.

Cease reversing when you hear the crunchy squishy meat sounds.

Profit!

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 01-08-2006 09:10:07 PM
quote:
Led spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Profit!

Temp workers also work well for this!

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-08-2006 09:28:54 PM
quote:
Led had this to say about Robocop:

Profit!

But that only works once per underling.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-09-2006 12:00:55 AM
Just takes some practice, delid. For a while when I was first driving, I couldn't really tell where my wheels were sitting on the road (And subsequently move the car to avoid a pothole or something.) So I parked in a place with lines (hooray parking lot) and just got in and out and formed a good picture in my mind.

You can do the same with like a string or something tied 1foot away from something or whatever. You're smart, you can figure it out.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-09-2006 04:28:09 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis is attacking the darkness!
Just takes some practice, delid. For a while when I was first driving, I couldn't really tell where my wheels were sitting on the road (And subsequently move the car to avoid a pothole or something.) So I parked in a place with lines (hooray parking lot) and just got in and out and formed a good picture in my mind.
The difference being that in his case, he doesn't have the visibility to see properly behind the delivery truck.

Sorry, haven't seen a portable version. The version my parents got me (which I never installed) wires into the backup lights for power. You'd need one capable of {a} running off a portable battery pack, and {b} hooking or otherwise attaching onto a variety of vehicles.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: