EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Woohoo! My first BWL loot!
Maradon!
posted 01-01-2006 09:33:43 PM

This = awesome

Sadly the server crashed almost immediately after I looted it :\

Maradon!
posted 01-01-2006 10:08:50 PM
This is so sweet in pvp.

Succubus does around 200dps with it... imp around 270

My new tactic for BM hunters is to use the book and sic my pet on their pet and throw a couple DoT's on it... it dies pretty fast, then the hunter is putty

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 01:10:11 AM
Grats on having one of the only useful trinket from there. Except, of course, the shaman one. I can shapeshift for free! oooo! And priests get small heals when they get hit! http://www.thottbot.com/?i=44781

Yet warriors get 15% health, mages get casting speed increases, and rogues get the shaft like the healers, and get poison application. GG.

Demos fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 01:10 AM.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-02-2006 02:34:11 AM
Priest trinket used to be bugged so that it added +Healing at a 1:1 ratio. That got fixed pretty fast as you can imagine, considering a BWL geared Priest has a ton of +Healing.

o, and Congrats, Maradon.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 02:35 AM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-02-2006 03:01:42 AM
Nab yourself a mantle of the blackwing Cabal.

Sexy sexy DPS gear.

Maradon!
posted 01-02-2006 03:11:21 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
Nab yourself a mantle of the blackwing Cabal.

Sexy sexy DPS gear.

Sadly they're being rolled on by every mage, warlock and - yes - priest in the entire guild, many of which have 50+ points after running MC with almost full epic sets and wiping on razorgore a hojillion times. :\

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 03:30:21 AM
Nobody's gotten past vael on Azgalor this month, because our instance server is really, really fucked. The latency looks fine, but it hitches up so much theres no way to keep a tank up, because any sort of gap in healing over a few seconds means they're dead.

Before it got really bad we used to be able to get up to the drakes, but now even if we get to them, the spikes are so bad the main tank eats a ton of wing buffets and loses aggro (because the timers get off, or we get a nice server hitch while one goes off).

Most of my guild is cancelling their accounts right now, because we're to the point where theres no playable content for us to work on. ZG and MC are trivial, and AQ won't be unlocked for a while.

And now finally, the instance servers are crashing. For (not) the first time, we had everybody in an instance moved to under alterac, where we fell to our deaths and had to spirit rez. Here's a friend's screeny.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2936/humancyclone8nw.jpg

Edit: And before this happened, we were in ZG. We cleared up to Venoxis, pulled em, and all got disconnected. Got back in, died because every mob except bosses had respawned, and re-cleared. Just got up to Thekal, and bam. Teleport to arathi, fall to death, spirit rez, wait for sickness to wear off, get back to ZG and....it reset again. Mobs, but not bosses. GG.

Demos fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 03:32 AM.

Maradon!
posted 01-02-2006 03:40:44 AM
That's... weird. We never have that issue, and we're on the most populous server in the entire game.

Azgalor isn't even in the top ten.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 03:46:58 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
That's... weird. We never have that issue, and we're on the most populous server in the entire game.

Azgalor isn't even in the top ten.

One of my guildies is starting in a few days as a GM, and apparently Azgalor is on "rack 2", which is the oldest server rack. They have the equipment to upgrade it, but that would require taking all the servers down for 24 hours, which they don't want to do without something else to upgrade during that period. Their solution? They're waiting until the expansion. Game over.

edit: And back on topic...get yourself a http://www.thottbot.com/?i=44692. After you kill Broodlord, you can single-pull an overseer from near the techs in Firemaw's room. When killed, it respawns within a few seconds. We farmed em for a while with 15-20ish people and got 2 bands and 1 Doom's Edge. This was over a week or so of random farming, in between raids, since lag was making the 3x wyrmguard packs and ebonroc/flamegor a bitch.

Demos fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 03:50 AM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-02-2006 03:52:58 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Demos was all like:
One of my guildies is starting in a few days as a GM, and apparently Azgalor is on "rack 2", which is the oldest server rack. They have the equipment to upgrade it, but that would require taking all the servers down for 24 hours, which they don't want to do without something else to upgrade during that period. Their solution? They're waiting until the expansion. Game over.

edit: And back on topic...get yourself a http://www.thottbot.com/?i=44692. After you kill Broodlord, you can single-pull an overseer from near the techs in Firemaw's room. When killed, it respawns within a few seconds. We farmed em for a while with 15-20ish people and got 2 bands and 1 Doom's Edge. This was over a week or so of random farming, in between raids, since lag was making the 3x wyrmguard packs and ebonroc/flamegor a bitch.

Wow. That's like.. a ring of spellpower that doesn't suck!

I have to tell my guild about this. I'm just kinda sad that we spent nearly a month wiping on Vael, then turned the broodlord into a one-shot epic dispenser.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-02-2006 03:56:46 AM
I never went to BWL and I don't really care to.

Someone clue me in as to the lore of it. I gather that Nefarian is trying to breed his own army of chromatic dragons, but is there anything else cooler about it?

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-02-2006 03:59:24 AM
gimme!

That is all.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 04:01:18 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Someone clue me in as to the lore of it. I gather that Nefarian is trying to breed his own army of chromatic dragons, but is there anything else cooler about it?

Vaelastrasz is the one that can help you kill Rend in UBRS, showing that he's essentially "Good", yet he's corrupted in BWL, and apologizes specifically to people he kills in BWL. Gives a little more depth on the conflict between flights, plus vael's fight is fun as hell and very unique. Basically, he starts at 30% life and you have 3 minutes of infinite mana/rage/energy to kill him. He does some aoe fire damage and a shitload to the tank, with the usual flame breath / tail swipe stuff. Every 15 seconds someone gets Burning Adrenaline, which reduces their health by 5% every second until they explode in a bomb, but during that time abilities become instant cast. Can nuke crazy (some mages summon a ton of water), or hearth as the bomb

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-02-2006 04:01:56 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:

Ragnaros is a dick and is trying to get back to the elemental plane. He and the dark iron dwarves rule the lower portions of Blackrock mountain.

Nefarion (Son of Neltharion, aka Deathwing, aka the corrupted earth aspect) and the blackrock orcs rule the upper portions of blackrock mountain.

They're both kinda bent on destroying the world. Though, the storyline for MC is basically chasing Rags to wrest secrets from the less-then-all-powerful Liutenant of the Old Gods, and BWL's storyline is basically chasing Nefarion through his lair to make him atone for some of the horrible shit he's done.

Oh, and Onyxia's his sister. Eww.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 04:04:43 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis probably says this to all the girls:
Ragnaros is a dick and is trying to get back to the elemental plane. He and the dark iron dwarves rule the lower portions of Blackrock mountain.

Nefarion (Son of Neltharion, aka Deathwing, aka the corrupted earth aspect) and the blackrock orcs rule the upper portions of blackrock mountain.

They're both kinda bent on destroying the world. Though, the storyline for MC is basically chasing Rags to wrest secrets from the less-then-all-powerful Liutenant of the Old Gods, and BWL's storyline is basically chasing Nefarion through his lair to make him atone for some of the horrible shit he's done.

Oh, and Onyxia's his sister. Eww.

Thus, items like Neltharion's Tear.

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-02-2006 04:09:45 AM
quote:
Demos was naked while typing this:
Thus, items like Neltharion's Tear.

That's a sexy sexy trinket. Hell, even better then ToEP and ZHC combined.

Maradon!
posted 01-02-2006 04:13:49 AM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :
That's a sexy sexy trinket. Hell, even better then ToEP and ZHC combined.

Chance to hit is almost totally worthless to a warlock. I've done the math.

And by totally worthless I mean you'll benefit more from an item that adds +9 shadow damage than you will from an item that adds +1% to hit.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 04:15 AM.

Demos
Pancake
posted 01-02-2006 04:19:03 AM
quote:
Maradon! probably says this to all the girls:

And by totally worthless I mean you'll benefit more from an item that adds +9 shadow damage than you will from an item that adds +1% to hit.

is http://www.thottbot.com/?i=51782 trash or not? We had a warlock grab it to use with his trinket, but again we've heard that +hit on spells is funky.

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-02-2006 04:21:09 AM
quote:
I want some of what Maradon! was smoking when they wrote this:

And seeing resist after resist after resist on, say, Ragnaros, Razorgore, Vael, etc. makes me treasure the +4% spellhit I nab from the Zanzil set and the Soul Corrupter's necklace.

Yes. Those are with Curse of Shadows on. Not that it stays on long with vael anyway.
That trinket is funny, but ultimately useless. Nice pickup if you have no other trinket for the time (Possible when pugging ZG).

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 04:21 AM.

Maradon!
posted 01-02-2006 04:35:57 AM
quote:
x--Delphi AegisO-('-'Q) :
And seeing resist after resist after resist on, say, Ragnaros, Razorgore, Vael, etc. makes me treasure the +4% spellhit I nab from the Zanzil set and the Soul Corrupter's necklace.

That +4% to hit does almost nothing to improve your DPS and doesn't actually increase your chances to land a spell by 4%. Don't believe me? I made a handy spreadsheet. Yes, that's real-world data. Yes, if you swap out an item with +4 shadow damage for an item with +1 to-hit, your long term DPS will decrease.

To-hit ONLY affects your "miss" rate as a result of level disparity and does nothing to change your resist rate as a result of mob spell resistance. Even if you had +18% to hit (the max attainable) you would still have resists as a result of spell resistance.

To-hit does not affect partial resists.

To-hit is only marginally better than to-crit, but to-crit is useful in PVP whereas to-hit is absolutely useless in PVP.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 04:37 AM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-02-2006 04:39:22 AM
I was gonna read your post, then you said something dumb in your first sentance. Sentence. Whatever.

I can /duel one of our 315 FR warriors and spam Rank1 searing pain on them (All day if I have to) with the +4tohit and without. Garuntee the +4tohit helps.

Crunching make believe numbers in theorycraft never works.

Maradon!
posted 01-02-2006 04:40:57 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
I was gonna read your post, then you said something dumb in your first sentance. Sentence. Whatever.

I can /duel one of our 315 FR warriors and spam Rank1 searing pain on them (All day if I have to) with the +4tohit and without. Garuntee the +4tohit helps.

Crunching make believe numbers in theorycraft never works.

Good job deluding yourself, then, cause see, I actually went out and did that, and the +to-hit doesn't help.

You remind me of the guys in EverQuest who used to swear up and down that dex increased your attack speed, or keeping an orb of fear in your inventory made your fear spells last longer.

And considering that you didn't test anything or even read the CM post on +to hit gear, you would be the one kicking around unproven theories.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-02-2006 at 04:50 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: