EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, nearly everyone got cash for Christmas.
Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2005 11:20:09 PM
What is everyone buying?
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-25-2005 11:24:45 PM
Can I say it here too?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-25-2005 11:25:25 PM

Universal FitnessĀ® Elliptical
# 27" w. x 60" l. x 63" h.
# magnetic resistance lets you quickly adjust the tension with the push of a button
# choose from 12 workout programs to vary your routine
# 2-window display shows speed, time, distance, calories, pulse and target heart rate
# AC adapter included
# maximum 265 lb. weight capacity
# assembly rating level 1: 2 people, less than 1 hour

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2005 11:29:53 PM
quote:
Batty had this to say about Tron:
Can I say it here too?

I'm serious about this thread, though. Asshole.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-25-2005 11:35:01 PM
quote:
Gadani enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I'm serious about this thread, though. Asshole.

No, I meant the whole "nothing" thing.

Gadani
U
posted 12-25-2005 11:39:42 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Batty said:
No, I meant the whole "nothing" thing.

Oh.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 12-25-2005 11:41:14 PM
No Cash here, but my $25 gift card thing may go towards a game purchase... I'm not really certain yet, since I'm otherwise broke from buying people gifts this year.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-25-2005 11:46:36 PM
Gamestop - Returning a GBA game and getting Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World

EB Games - Using gift card and own money to get Tony Hawk: American Sk8land DS, and possibly Animal Crossing DS

Mall Gift Card - uh...probably like some video game t-shirt at Hot Topic

Best Buy - Some sort of anime more than likely. Possibly use the card and some of my own money on a cheap perfect collection as that is the only way to buy anime nowadays.

Target - Returning a gift I got and hopefully, I'll have enough to get some movies. Rat Race and Kung Pow have been on my list for a while.

Cash - Naruto: Narutimett Hero 3, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, and Beatmania IIDX 10th Style.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-25-2005 11:56:02 PM
Cash from Mom, Grandma, and Great-Aunt... MAC Cosmetics counter.
I'm such a girl.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 12-25-2005 11:56:25 PM
Gonna use my cash for a spool of blank CDs, and coffee most likely.
Alaan
posted 12-25-2005 11:56:50 PM
I think I'll be ordering the Gamecube Bleach fighting game+Freeloader so I can run the imported game!
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-25-2005 11:57:52 PM
quote:
Alaan stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I think I'll be ordering the Gamecube Bleach fighting game+Freeloader so I can run the imported game!

Make sure you look up reviews and possibly gameplay videos before you do that. I haven't heard good things.

You might like it though! I don't know!

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 12-26-2005 12:11:14 AM

A new Jiu-Jitsu uniform. The white one I wear is turning grey from being a mechanic again. Dirt, grease and oil gets set into my skin and comes out as I sweat. (eww)

http://www.bloodfin.net
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-26-2005 12:38:19 AM
Maybe World of Warcraft and a 60-day game card, depending on if I can scrape up 16 more dollars - that's if they're still selling it in store for $30, rather than the $50 on EBGames...

If not, maybe a cheap XBox, GCN, or GBA game...

My nephews brought over their new GBA SPs - the ones with the new, backlit screen instead of the sidelit of the original GBA SP. Holy crap, seen side by side with mine the difference is unbelieveable. I could never be so disloyal to trade in my Cobalt GBA SP.

Alaan
posted 12-26-2005 12:40:09 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mr. Gainsborough said:
Make sure you look up reviews and possibly gameplay videos before you do that. I haven't heard good things.

You might like it though! I don't know!

I just did. It looks a lot like Naruto, which I didn't terribly enjoy. D: Just with Bleach characters.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-26-2005 02:18:44 AM
Going to expand my PSX RPG collection and maybe some retro systems and games. I don't know but right now I'm feeling so much more desire to get all the stuff I loved as a kid back, and maybe Final Fantasy Tactics because everyone loves it and I've never played it so I don't know what the fuck.

After that: CLOTHES SHOPPING. I just found out about a cheap custom print place that is a ton cheaper than anything else I've seen, so I'm going to get pretty things made for me and then buy other pretty things to go with it. *girly teehee giggle*

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 12-26-2005 02:33:58 AM
I'm probably gonna deposit it in my bank account.
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler Model 2000 was programmed to say:
[IMGx]http://www.atama-kimonos.com/images/products/kimonos/single/blue_flag/top_pants_200-385.gif[/IMG]

A new Jiu-Jitsu uniform. The white one I wear is turning grey from being a mechanic again. Dirt, grease and oil gets set into my skin and comes out as I sweat. (eww)

Does that help during grappling?

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Gadani
U
posted 12-26-2005 02:41:37 AM
As for me, I'm going to buy a Nintendo DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.
-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 12-26-2005 03:56:35 AM
Im getting a new 60gb iPod video.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-26-2005 04:21:21 AM
Shoes and pants.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 12-26-2005 04:28:13 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Gadani stammered:
As for me, I'm going to buy a Nintendo DS, Kirby Canvas Curse, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

Heathen, Mario Kart requires tribute.

(in all honestly, very few DS titles arent really cool, and I have a huge personal problem of not buying a new one every other week, so far I have 9, and they are all pretty good)

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-26-2005 06:48:15 AM
Airfare!

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-26-2005 07:06:02 AM
Paying for all the presents I bought people... fucking presents....
Razor
posted 12-26-2005 09:10:12 AM
buying a new desk, and chair, and either a new computer to run linux on or a new 21" widescreen monitor.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-26-2005 10:29:23 AM
Probably gonna replace my mobo/proc on my old desktop.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 12-26-2005 10:48:16 AM
Im considered a bit old for presents, either that or my family is really cheap. The wife gave me her usual present which I look forward to every year and My mom gave me an $25.00 gift card for Target.

Still I had a wonderful time with my family yesterday, they all came over for dinner. We talked, looked over the family album cought up on things, and enjoyed each others company.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 12-26-2005 12:43:19 PM
I have splurged a bit more

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-26-2005 12:50:07 PM
A Mario Kart DS bundle, if there are any available. Already ordered one of their USB wifi connectors from their online store.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Sean
posted 12-26-2005 01:53:58 PM
quote:
Delidgamond wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

You should've waited. Five blades is just around the corner.

FIVE

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-26-2005 02:00:26 PM
quote:
Verily, Delidgamond doth proclaim:

Waste of money. Unless the "power" that razor possesses is to not get clogged up with hair instantly like the regular Quattro.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 12-26-2005 02:12:45 PM
I don't understand why they keep tacking on more blades in the first place, let alone the stupid motor thing.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-26-2005 02:28:53 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Knight Rider:
Waste of money. Unless the "power" that razor possesses is to not get clogged up with hair instantly like the regular Quattro.

I actually noticed moving from the Mach3 to the Mach3 "Power" or whatever the closeness and ease of shaving. I was just as skeptical at first (ZOMG BUZZING OBJECT WITH SHARP THINGS ON MY FACE), but I was pleasantly suprised.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-26-2005 05:21:30 PM
Coffee maker and FEAR.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 12-26-2005 05:27:46 PM
I went boxing day shopping, which means I have no christmas money left! ahaha..

I got:

-a new leather desk chair (yum!)
-a silk nightie
-a new pair of sexy high-heel leather boots ( )
-a new pair of skater sneaks
-a red-pinstripe suit with crushed velvet undershirt (spiffy!)
-more comfortable undies from fruit of the loom
-a pair of blue and silver dangly earrings that look super cute.

... and a package of my favourite strawberry candies from the walmart-christmas-candy-50%-off section.

Walmart is hell on boxing day :S

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-26-2005 05:49:04 PM
Aside from buying Serenity on DVD, I am stockpiling my cash; depending on how Jan. goes with job hunting I think I want to get some new glasses.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 12-26-2005 06:09:24 PM
quote:
Alek got a whole lot of nerve:
I don't understand why they keep tacking on more blades in the first place, let alone the stupid motor thing.

Delid represented their motivation perfectly.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 12-26-2005 06:52:42 PM
I got 140 bucks. I dont know what I shall do with it.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 12-26-2005 11:41:20 PM
This or that.

Decisions, decisions.

-postroliphophus-
Pancake
posted 12-26-2005 11:55:43 PM
quote:
Vinven D`Slyfox got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
This or that.

Decisions, decisions.

Unless you dont have a cell phone or you hate the one you have now really bad, I'd go with the Light Saber. Those things are hella fun especially if you have a friend with one. The price for that one is pretty good too.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-26-2005 11:57:11 PM
Dunno yet, got birthday coming up in a week, gotta see what loot and further funds I accrue from that.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: