EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just a Christmas question... What do you plan on doing with your fruitcake?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-19-2005 06:55:03 AM
I certainly can't eat it... I get sick when I do. I know all sorts of things are done with it on Christmas (other than eating it). So, what will you do with your fruitcake?
Maradon!
posted 12-19-2005 07:11:47 AM
I'll eat mine since it is absolutely delicious.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 12-19-2005 07:56:42 AM
It's better than Lutefisk, that's for damn sure.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-19-2005 08:05:02 AM
quote:
Maradon!'s account was hax0red to write:
I'll eat mine since it is absolutely delicious.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-19-2005 08:30:20 AM
I'll smash it over the head of the person who gives to me.

Ick!

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-19-2005 08:31:18 AM
Must be an American/Commonwealth thing...
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-19-2005 09:05:52 AM
If I somehow end up receiving a fruitcake, I will eat part of it and share the rest with friends, since it'll probably be a panetone rather than a traditional rock cake.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-19-2005 09:07:22 AM
I'll shoot it with a shotgun. Unfortunately, it will send the pellets right back at me.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-19-2005 09:24:13 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Kennatsu all over myself!
I certainly can't eat it... I get sick when I do. I know all sorts of things are done with it on Christmas (other than eating it). So, what will you do with your fruitcake?

Rusty Trombone. HI-OOOO!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 12-19-2005 09:26:45 AM
The closest I have gotten to a fruitcake of the gastronomical variety is working as an inbound telemarketer taking phone orders for the thing. It was amazing how many of these things people buy.
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-19-2005 10:15:00 AM
Not sure what I'd do with it. I'm sure I could concoct some horrible yuletide trap for Jania involving a fruitcake, but that's an awful lot of work.

So it'll probably be what I do every year.

Fruitcake Golems.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Peter
Pancake
posted 12-19-2005 04:34:00 PM
I don't get fruitcake..Rather I get like 5 lbs of Jerky nearly every year, Usally about 2-3 lbs of Hi-Country, and then about 2 lbs of homemade from my uncle(usally Elk, not beef).
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-19-2005 04:41:07 PM
Since I want to vomit when I taste fruit cake, I'll wait until it goes hard then throw it through the fruitcake factory window and hopefully brain someone.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-19-2005 04:46:39 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Tron:
Not sure what I'd do with it. I'm sure I could concoct some horrible yuletide trap for Jania involving a fruitcake, but that's an awful lot of work.

So it'll probably be what I do every year.

Fruitcake Golems.

Are you sure you can keep control of those things? What if they find out they're made of fruitcake, and that YOU made them???

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-19-2005 04:50:29 PM
See..

you people who hate it, have just never had good fruitcake. Ignore the stuff that has the candied fruit in it. Spend some money on a proper, fresh, rum laced fruitcake.

you will thank me.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 12-19-2005 04:54:05 PM
quote:
Kaiote had this to say about (_|_):
rum laced

I'm searching for the thing that distinguishes a good fruitcake from a bad fruitcake... ever try just drinking rum?

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-19-2005 04:55:40 PM
quote:
Kaiote said:
See..

you people who hate it, have just never had good fruitcake. Ignore the stuff that has the candied fruit in it. Spend some money on a proper, fresh, rum laced fruitcake.

you will thank me.

I'll be honest, all the fruitcake I've had is pre-packaged candied fruit crap. So I guess it's possible I'd enjoy fresh fruitcake. I wouldn't know until I ate some.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-19-2005 05:32:09 PM
The rum isnt there to hide anything. just adds to it.

Also, if you heat up the prepackaged candied crap, in the oven, not the microwave.. it softens up, and tastes better.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-19-2005 05:38:00 PM
quote:
Manticore had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I'm searching for the thing that distinguishes a good fruitcake from a bad fruitcake... ever try just drinking rum?

The rum is actually there primarily as a preservative. The fruit cakes we know today originated as an ultra-dense and highly nutritious cake that can be made before and eaten throughout the winter. The best fruitcakes are made with high quality dried fruit and toasted nuts.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 12-19-2005 05:40:59 PM
I dunno about the dried fruit.. If you want it to keep all winter, then yeah.. but I like to eat it, and actually have others eat and enjoy it, so I tend to go with fresh fruit. Less chewy that way.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-19-2005 06:31:34 PM
Catapult Ammo.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-19-2005 06:54:25 PM
quote:
Mortious's fortune cookie read:
I'll be honest, all the fruitcake I've had is pre-packaged candied fruit crap. So I guess it's possible I'd enjoy fresh fruitcake. I wouldn't know until I ate some.

Man I just read that completely the wrong way. Ithink.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-19-2005 06:55:42 PM
quote:
Jajahotep said:
Man I just read that completely the wrong way. Ithink.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-19-2005 07:34:19 PM
I know a guy who used to fuck his fruitcake. Literally.

No, I haven't seen this firsthand.

No, I have no desire to see this firsthand.

Enjoy your fruitcake.

Malbi
posted 12-19-2005 09:34:22 PM
you know I have never seen nor tasted a fruitcake.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Razor
posted 12-19-2005 09:42:21 PM
There is no fruitcake.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-19-2005 11:25:26 PM
I've never even seen a fruitcake irl.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 12-19-2005 11:29:57 PM
Plum Pudding > Fruitcake.

(And for those who don't know, Plum pudding isn't a "pudding", it's a cake, with fruits in it, but much less dense than a fruitcake, and a much different taste.)

Maradon!
posted 12-19-2005 11:32:43 PM
Wassail > all

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-20-2005 10:09:19 AM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about pies:
Are you sure you can keep control of those things? What if they find out they're made of fruitcake, and that YOU made them???

The other half of the holiday tradition is to, after creating the fruitcake golem, send it to Jania.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 12-20-2005 10:11:21 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I've never even seen a fruitcake irl.

Ditto. Never received one, never tried it, never really had any urge to. Not because of all the 'fruitcake = crap' stuff I see on TV all the time, but just because I got curious and looked it up, and it didn't seem all that appetizing from what I saw of it online.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 12-20-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-20-2005 10:51:25 PM
If I end of with one, I'll descreetly toss it or just let my family devour it.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Maradon!
posted 12-21-2005 06:39:43 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Khyron booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Ditto. Never received one, never tried it, never really had any urge to. Not because of all the 'fruitcake = crap' stuff I see on TV all the time, but just because I got curious and looked it up, and it didn't seem all that appetizing from what I saw of it online.

Mince Meat Pie sure as shit doesn't seem very appetizing but oh sweet jesus joshua christ is it delicious.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 12-21-2005 08:55:16 PM
My dad freaking loves fruitcake, makes one every year. I have to admit, it smells really good, but I can't stand that candied fruit shit.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Chugga
Pancake
posted 12-21-2005 09:12:42 PM
Most I got this year was a fruit basket. My grandmother sent it, it was kinda funny. It had my entire families name on it and said "Love, Mother" and I was completely confused as to who it was. I rarely ever talk to the woman, but she's a very cold individual so I guess this is a refreshing change.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: