EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Eve online Red Moon Riseing Thread
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-14-2005 11:44:22 PM
first off,
we need an eve tag...

secondly,
Click here for the fun patch notes!

this is my favorite bit

"If a pilot takes anything from your jettisoned canister, then your gang and/or your corporations will flag that pilot as a thief, and you are permitted to open fire on the pilot responsible for stealing your loot. CONCORD will neither enforce nor interfere with the matter, so it is up to the owner of the stolen property to exercise his or her right. Be warned that this could be used as a trap to lure smaller fleets into sanctioned engagements."

Opinions, questions, comments, ect?

Edit: TYPO! and link fixage

Y.O.T.C fucked around with this message on 12-14-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-14-2005 11:49:54 PM
Fuck you asshole I do not want to play EVE and you are making that very difficult right now grrrrr
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-14-2005 11:55:52 PM
So you can shoot me for fun while I haul minerals from your jetcans for you.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-14-2005 11:56:16 PM
All of the trial account limitations piss me off.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-15-2005 12:02:31 AM
Interdictors?

Ohshi D:

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-15-2005 12:31:20 AM
quote:
Arttemis enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Interdictors?

Ohshi D:

Come talk to me more often you bastard. >

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-15-2005 01:03:56 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Knight Rider:
So you can shoot me for fun while I haul minerals from your jetcans for you.

If your hauling from out jetcans youll be in out gang most likely. Unless you yoinking it from a distance, then you could just ask and any of us will give you an invite happily.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-15-2005 01:05:53 AM
I have a 10MN afterburner now so I'm not as slow as molasses anymore, yay!
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-15-2005 01:51:51 AM
If it's on your Bestower (aka Slug, Behemoth, That Huge Hunka Metal that refuses to move), Then I know how you feel. However...

My capacitor keeps getting drained like Budweiser at a tailgate party.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 12-15-2005 01:58:49 AM
Omg, interdictors /drool

I am still just training up skills for the time being, I aint really at the point skillwise where I feel like really 'playing' yet As soon as I get a few more skills up, and can actually fight, I will jump right back in fulltime. I dun really feel like just mining ore for a week while waiting for them to train ;P hehe

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-15-2005 02:04:01 AM
I'm training up skills too, but I have to get the ISK to buy those ships and the things to go with them as well. Mining isn't so bad in Eve Online. No "shooting chunks off asteroids, blowing the apart, then shooting the leftovers to harvest them" as in SWG.

Still, I get frustrated when I'm mining some rare ore only to find a fleet of ORE ships coming in to strip mine the field.

Maxlis told me that event is very common so I guess I'll have to get used to it...

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-15-2005 02:12:48 AM
So many new ships, aargh...

I still haven't found a site where I can look at all the ship models in the game. I want nice pictures to see what ship design I like. The stats are kinda secondary. The Caldari cruisers I have seen so far are ulgy. I want a visually pleasing ship, but it seems I won't see a ship untill I buy it or I happen to encounter it in game.

This is annoying. Gah.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-15-2005 02:17:17 AM
Regarding the expansion:

Seems to be very cool, also most if not all of it is for experienced, long time players. (I hope they patched in a few new missions too.)

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 12-15-2005 09:51:24 AM
I am weak and will have this game soon.

Any advice?

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-15-2005 09:57:39 AM
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-15-2005 10:17:38 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Batty said this:
All of the trial account limitations piss me off.

Yeah. I'm gonna reactivate my second account to haul ore for me pretty soon. Once RMR goes live, and I know I'll have more than 2 hours to sit down and play.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Mod
Pancake
posted 12-15-2005 10:22:29 AM
quote:
Anklebiter Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I am weak and will have this game soon.

Any advice?

A 'you took me off ignore'-special :

When making a character, make a Caldari Detis Scientist or Minmatar Sebistor Tinker, afaik the Minmatar is a tad better. Put your points into perception first, intelligence second. When choosing a career path for your character make a custom one focusing on starship command and frigate skill. The path is something like military academy --> ops --> command --> captain. If this went as it should you should start with the 'Minimatar / Caldari Frigate'-skill at level 4 and 'spaceship command' at 2 or 3. This will save you a few days of trainig time over someone who went with other skills since you need those skills that high no matter what path you take in the game eventually.

Edit: After that, focus on getting a scythe or osprey class cruiser fitted with miner II turrets as well as an industrial class ship if you want to mine (a good way to build up some money without a corp and too much hassle), you can look the exact skills needed to do that ingame. Do some mining runs in your starting frigate until you can afford either a mining frigate to mine with or a combat frigate to run missions with, at that point in the game the difference in money / hour isn't drastic so just pick whatever you enjoy more.

Mod fucked around with this message on 12-15-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-15-2005 10:23:16 AM
"Red Moon Rising" suggests a monkey's ass to me for some reason.

Curse Jania for making me go to the zoo when we were kids.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: