EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: MST3King movies
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-09-2005 04:43:29 AM
I was poking around IMDB message boards and I saw a thread about spontaneous things people say to get a laugh in the theater during movies. Since we're all a bunch of smart asses around here, I figured we might have some good ones.

One of the funny ones I saw in this thread:

In Gladiator when the armies are facing one another near the beginning and it cuts to a shot of one of the barbarian warriors. One guy said he heard a guy in the theater shout out "What's in your wallet!" like the Capital One commercials.

So what else have you guys said/heard in the theater?

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 12-09-2005 at 06:45 AM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 12-09-2005 09:52:34 AM
Other than the RHPS? I can’t recall, I mean I have heard people say things that at the time were very funny but none of them were memorable enough to recall now.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sean
posted 12-09-2005 11:49:13 AM
quote:
So quoth Lyinar Ka`Bael:
In Gladiator when the armies are facing one another near the beginning and it cuts to a shot of one of the barbarian warriors. One guy said he heard a guy in the theater shout out "What's in your wallet!" like the Capital One commercials.

You realize that Gladiator predates the Capital One commercials by about five years, right?

So it would be kind of impossible, unless our theatre-going prankster were a psychic, for him to make that reference five years before it's relevant? And even then that it wouldn't be funny, since he's the only person who knows what the fuck he's talking about?

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-09-2005 12:33:38 PM
Maybe a re-showing? Or a lot of them talked about showings at school and such, so maybe something like that.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-09-2005 12:39:53 PM
Or campus viewings. I know ECU used to show movies that had been out a few years at the student center on the weekends.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-09-2005 12:41:32 PM
...why does the time say 12:39 AM on Deth's post?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-09-2005 12:44:54 PM
The one problem with MST3k is it encouraged nerds to attempt to say funny things during movies.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-09-2005 01:13:37 PM
People who talk during movies should be hung by one nut and slowly flayed.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-09-2005 01:18:09 PM
quote:
Bloodsage impressed everyone with:

But what about women, you sexist?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-09-2005 01:19:58 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:

Well I don't mean during the whole movie. I mean when someone interjects that one comment just when you least expect it and everyone starts to laugh.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-09-2005 01:20:28 PM
quote:
Quoth Tarquinn:
But what about women, you sexist?

Strung up by a fish hook through the clit, and slowly flayed.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-09-2005 01:21:22 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Lyinar Ka`Bael absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Well I don't mean during the whole movie. I mean when someone interjects that one comment just when you least expect it and everyone starts to laugh.

Those are the worst, because they intentionally interrupt the movie for everyone, on the flawed premise that they are witty or funny.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-09-2005 01:24:20 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was listening to Cher while typing:
Those are the worst, because they intentionally interrupt the movie for everyone, on the flawed premise that they are witty or funny.

Well when everyone laughs, they usually are

I've had it happen a few times. Someone interjects just the right comment and it sets everyone off. Especially if the movie was really bad anyway. Gives people a positive experience whereas they might have left angry they spent money on the experience.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-09-2005 03:05:12 PM
On ECU's campus, poking fun at the flick you were watching was part of the fun. Like I said, they'd been out for months. You want to see it nice and safe and quiet, rent it.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 12-09-2005 05:42:39 PM
quote:
From the book of Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael, chapter 3, verse 16:
On ECU's campus, poking fun at the flick you were watching was part of the fun. Like I said, they'd been out for months. You want to see it nice and safe and quiet, rent it.

That whole 'nice and safe and quiet' bit is what people used to go to the cinema for. In this day and age, thanks to the jerkwads and fucknuts who keep their cellphone on, let alone talk on it during the movie, and the self-appointed witty people who just have to make a comment, the enjoyment is gone.

If you wanna be witty, do it at home. You wanna make fun of a movie, go do it at home, not at the cinema.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-09-2005 07:55:52 PM
quote:
MadCat the 2nd had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
That whole 'nice and safe and quiet' bit is what people used to go to the cinema for. In this day and age, thanks to the jerkwads and fucknuts who keep their cellphone on, let alone talk on it during the movie, and the self-appointed witty people who just have to make a comment, the enjoyment is gone.

If you wanna be witty, do it at home. You wanna make fun of a movie, go do it at home, not at the cinema.

If it's socially acceptable at the venue you're at, then tough titty to the people who don't want that sort of thing going on. Pay the money to see it when it came out, rent it and watch it on your home theater, or take it elsewhere.

Note I'm not saying that in your average cinema, with a movie that's on first run, it should be a regular thing. I did, however, feel that the theater in question was atypical. Or do I need to go over the atypical elements again slowly?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-09-2005 08:01:07 PM
I remember a couple times during Revenge of the Sith that one or two witty comments shot out. Granted this was the midnight showing and we were all pretty hyped in there, plus being of similar humor, and the witty comments were shown appreciation.

Those are the instances I'm talking about, even for a movie on its first run. Someone says what everyone is thinking and everyone laughs.

Lashanna
noob
posted 12-09-2005 08:16:07 PM
We throw coins at cell phone people.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Sean
posted 12-09-2005 08:20:53 PM
I throw loud talkers at cell phone people.

Malbi
posted 12-09-2005 09:21:38 PM
I did some mst3king at anime club.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-09-2005 09:35:27 PM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Robocop:
I did some mst3king at anime club.

You can't MST3K a movie if someone could MST3K your life.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-09-2005 10:08:52 PM
You know, if someone had been MST3King the snorefest that was Meet Joe Black, I might have stayed awake through it.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Sean
posted 12-09-2005 10:16:13 PM
quote:
Azymyth had this to say about dark elf butts:
You know, if someone had been MST3King the snorefest that was Meet Joe Black, I might have stayed awake through it.

You're a fucking heathen, but we already knew that.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-09-2005 10:21:14 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Sean said:
You're a fucking heathen, but we already knew that.

Dude, old people were walking out it was so bad.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-09-2005 10:23:26 PM
quote:
Azymyth attempted to be funny by writing:
Dude, old people were walking out it was so bad.

You're still a heathen.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-09-2005 10:31:54 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mr. Parcelan:
You're still a heathen.

I can live with that.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-09-2005 10:33:31 PM
Overheard by a friend at Jurrasic Park when it first came out.

*T-Rex devours lawyer*
Child's voice: "Mommy? Why did Barney eat that man?"

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-09-2005 10:37:37 PM
The only people more annoying than one-line-talkers during a movie are chewing gum poppers. You know the type, usually teenage girls, who make those tiny bubbles with chewing gum that make loud.. constant.. annoying pops one after the other.

We had one of those for the ENTIRE LAST FUCKING HOUR of Return of the King. I swear she was probably lynched outside the theater afterwards.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-09-2005 10:42:03 PM
MST3K was witty because they made fun of movies that nobody would want to watch otherwise.

People doing it in a movie theater where there are people that do want to watch the movie are not witty. Even if they get laughs out of people, that doesn't make it right.

There have been movies that someone has yelled out a one-liner, and I laughed, but I still would have enjoyed the movie more if they'd just kept it to themselves. Not every movie has to be funny to be worth watching.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-09-2005 10:54:30 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon was naked while typing this:
Overheard by a friend at Jurrasic Park when it first came out.

*T-Rex devours lawyer*
Child's voice: "Mommy? Why did Barney eat that man?"

During Fellowship, just after the credits begin to roll: "What, they didn't even get to the mountain?"

I love my industrial-center progressive REDNECK TOWN. Whee.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 12-09-2005 11:01:18 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
During Fellowship, just after the credits begin to roll: "What, they didn't even get to the mountain?"

I love my industrial-center progressive REDNECK TOWN. Whee.

I don't think many people knew about the Lord of the Rings before the movies.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-09-2005 11:52:07 PM
quote:
Ruvyen wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I don't think many people knew about the Lord of the Rings before the movies.

I'm sure a lot of people have known about Lord of the Rings but never actually read the books. The series has been put to animation at least twice long before the live action stuff. And in the case of the animated ones, they were far Far FAR more condensed.

Sean
posted 12-10-2005 12:05:55 AM
And in the case of the animated versions, they were never even finished!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-10-2005 12:48:31 AM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Parcelan:
You can't MST3K a movie if someone could MST3K your life.

There is not a Flame tag on this thread, Mr Moderator.

Skaw
posted 12-10-2005 12:52:40 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about (_|_):
You realize that Gladiator predates the Capital One commercials by about five years, right?

So it would be kind of impossible, unless our theatre-going prankster were a psychic, for him to make that reference five years before it's relevant? And even then that it wouldn't be funny, since he's the only person who knows what the fuck he's talking about?

Maybe he was mugging someone.

quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought about the meaning of life:
...why does the time say 12:39 AM on Deth's post?

Noon-1 P.M. time stamps have been screwed up for.. pretty much, always have been.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-10-2005 12:56:41 AM
Have they? I just noticed it then.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-10-2005 01:16:15 AM
LUKE
Artoo! ARTOO!

MOVIEGOER
Are not! ARE NOT!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-10-2005 12:32:18 PM
I watched Narnia last night.

There was a point when there's a bad view on a Minotaur, and someone back behind me yelled out "CHEWIE!". The back three rows burst into laughter, because it looked alot like him.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-10-2005 12:44:39 PM
I only mst3k very quietly to the person sitting next to me when I know they will get a laugh, and usually I dont watch movies during the busy busy times.

But yeah, loud talkers are bad.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: