EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Two weeks until finals
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-04-2005 06:47:47 PM
This is it, man. This is it. I'm not going to survive this semester.

My horrible secret is going to be revealed. Everyone is going to find out that I have no idea what the fuck I've been talking about. Everyone is going to find out that I have learned absolutely nothing!

The only thing I've learned during my years at college is how to disguise what a fraud I am and now that disguise is falling apart!

I've got two essays to write and two tests to take. What about you?

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 12-04-2005 06:49:31 PM
Sitting here at work, bored out of my skull and alternating between reading EC and playing Solitaire...

Wish I could install WoW on this machine, but its such a piece of crap that even Solitaire is laggy.. wtf

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 12-04-2005 07:09:29 PM
A big drafting project for Habitat for Humanity and other final projects.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-04-2005 07:13:18 PM
Last essay of the semester tomorrow (On the origins of farming in the near east) and then I'm done until after christmas when I have three multiple choice exams all three hours long
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-04-2005 07:46:07 PM
About thirty or so minutes of unedited photoage for a silent film, an two papers and a script.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-04-2005 07:51:07 PM
3 tests, 2 final projects, a journal, and an essay.
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 12-04-2005 07:52:36 PM
Research paper on religious iconography in the ancient Near East, due Friday, which is essentially finished except for copy-pasting my notes together into a coherent form. Next week is finals week, and I'll have one each in Greek, Biblical Archaeology, Old Testament, and possibly Astronomy. Not really worried about any of them.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 12-04-2005 07:59:01 PM
Parce drop out tune in, join the ranks of the Pizza patrol.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 12-04-2005 08:41:07 PM
3 tests, a take home final (30 hours of work), 5 assignments to do in excel and a partridge in a fuckin pear tree
Razor
posted 12-04-2005 08:44:15 PM
Math: 8 question test.
Phys: final lab on Thu, Test Tues, then final a week later iirc
RWS: 4 papers, final test on Wed.
Hist: Presentation on Tues, final in a week on the Silk Road doing a comparison of three characters.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 12-04-2005 11:03:00 PM
All my work is done. Now, I just need to study for finals, two of which won't take much studying at all.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
LeMiere
posted 12-04-2005 11:18:05 PM
I get to fail my anatomy tests.

WHOO!

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 12-04-2005 11:45:41 PM
Two medium finals this comming week. And one huge, if you fail you fail at life, math final the following week.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 12-04-2005 11:49:09 PM
I have my last final tomorrow. Stupid Electronic Devices.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-05-2005 12:00:36 AM
I've been on holidays for weeks!
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 12-05-2005 03:02:48 AM
My finals schedule is kind of odd, since most of the effort was preparing for the various performances.

Performance tomorrow where I'm writing a 30 second piece of music live. Week-long concert series I have to attend 10 hours of. Presenting 10 minutes of recorded music on Tuesday for the Amplified Composition concert. Performing two songs on Friday for the Songwriting class concert. Having a collaboration with a choreographer premiered over the weekend in 3 performances. Having a 6 minute piece performed by Pacific Rims Percussion Quartet on the following Tuesday. Presenting another 10 minutes of music for my End of Semester Presentation. Writing a 1500 word paper on the performance I'm doing tomorrow. Compiling a series of 7 interview transcriptions and reflections for my religion studies class.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 12-05-2005 03:11:44 AM
Well, my finals are...

Wait... I graduated from college 3 years ago.

My advice, bullshit your way through any tests. You would be suprised how much bullshit is close enough to the truth that you would recieve a passing grade!

Flea
Pancake
posted 12-05-2005 07:41:59 AM
2 Finals. 5 Labs. 2 weeks. Haven't done shit for studying this semester so I'm pretty much fucked.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 12-05-2005 10:08:47 AM
At least 4 (maybe 5) smallish papers, a nice chunky research paper, a project, and finals for four courses.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 12-05-2005 10:25:31 AM
I have a term paper for my Chinese class, a chem exam today and I have some data analysis to do with the research I did this quarter (it carries through the end of the year when I present my senior thesis). Everything's going peachy keen so far though.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 12-05-2005 04:34:53 PM
One documentary photography project to present in front of my group tomorrow, A research presentation for my negotiated module where I try and convince my lecturer i'm capable of making a short film to be completed on Thursday, one essay on Cindy sherman, photo-fiction and the staged image which can be handed in after Christmas and one 1500 word written report and short presentation on a lens-based practitioner to be done on Friday.

This is the hand-in week for everything. Next week I shall be mostly drunk.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-06-2005 02:37:03 AM
Two cumulative finals.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Maradon!
posted 12-06-2005 03:16:18 AM
Knowledge is the sort of thing you really can't fake.

I suspect Parce is smarter than he gives himself credit for.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-06-2005 03:38:00 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

For this, I give you your very own YTMND.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 12-06-2005 04:26:01 AM
I'm about to get fucked in the ass hard by two classes I'm GUARANTEED to fail. I haven't handed a thing in all semester, and now I'm just anticipating the fall out. Such easy courses too, I just stopped caring.

Oh well, Anthro/Soci and English are guaranteed A's (I hope)

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 12-06-2005 10:11:35 AM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Parcelan camp:

I love this ytmnd.

roit, less bash 'is noggin
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-06-2005 11:30:48 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about (_|_):

Maybe Im blind, but I didnt see Bill Nye!

I have a final tonight and a final tomorrow night. I have a 4.0 in the class. The only thing Im worried about is if I can stay awake through the whole test so I can leave for break early.

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 12-07-2005 04:11:33 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Have to agree with that, but at the same time I find that once you start thinking you're the mutt's nuts it makes you crap. I say that I haven't a fucking clue and part of me still thinks I got into university by fluke but it can't be that true since i'm still here.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 12-07-2005 05:18:41 PM
4 papers, and a final test, in the next eight days. One paper just needs revising, but one of them, a 12-15 page paper is going to fuck me over since I have precious little time in which to write it.

That and I unfortunately slacked on my reading for my religion class, which just happens to be the one with the final. I've been doing catch-up reading, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it to the level of competency my professor expects for a A-B grade. And that's really unusual for me, but this hasn't been a good semester.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 12-07-2005 10:18:05 PM
97 and 98 on my finals today and yesterday.

4.0 overall for this semester. Go me.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-09-2005 12:39:19 AM
Okay, tomorrow's the last day of reading week. Here's my scandal for finals.

Monday
-Turn in essay on free will: Epictetus vs. Dewey
-Turn in final feature on the Constitutionality of Speech Policies
-Meet with my Race and Gender teacher at 10:30. Interestingly enough, I took her to task on the class today and she wanted to meet with me to better discuss what improvements could be made. So we'll either do that or it's an elaborate assassination plot, in which I'll need Karnaj and his baguette to help me out.

Tuesday
-Race and Gender final.

Wednesday
-History of Pre-Modern East Asia final.

Then I'm home free.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-10-2005 03:02:33 AM
Hooray-a for me! I finished my final feature!

Now, all I has to do is do my paper on EPICTETUS and DEWEY.

Are you truly free?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-10-2005 03:08:43 AM
Two more tests in Criminal Justice, one test in Psych and if I do well I don't have to take the final, my Anthro final was waived due to my surgery and taking an Incomplete in Calc so I can finish the work by March

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-11-2005 10:31:05 PM
Whee

I finished my Final Feature and my essay both, but my printer decided not to print, so I decided to destroy it.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-11-2005 11:12:07 PM
I've got to finish filling in everything for my Teacher portfolio. Everything's got to mesh with the Illinois Professional Teaching Standard's guidelines, and that means I'm missing some papers for it. So, I'm currently typing up 11 different papers tonight that will probably never actually be read, but I need them for a grade anyway or else I can't become a high school English teacher.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-12-2005 01:07:23 AM
quote:
Rodent King wrote this stupid crap:
I've got to finish filling in everything for my Teacher portfolio. Everything's got to mesh with the Illinois Professional Teaching Standard's guidelines, and that means I'm missing some papers for it. So, I'm currently typing up 11 different papers tonight that will probably never actually be read, but I need them for a grade anyway or else I can't become a high school English teacher.

Comfortable with working 70 hour weeks, eh?

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-12-2005 08:48:43 AM
quote:
Vorbis had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Comfortable with working 70 hour weeks, eh?

Well, I'm thinking of changing majors to something else. I'll see how it all works out though.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: