EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Voice over IP clients
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-24-2005 09:51:14 PM
I need such a client that isn't Skype, Ventrilo, or Teamspeak but is free and reasonably easy to use. Skype isn't working for some reason that I cannot fathom. Vent is laggy, also for some ridiculous and mysterious reason. I don't have access to TS server. Can anyone recommend something?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-24-2005 09:55:13 PM
If it's just one on one, you could use Google Talk
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-24-2005 10:01:41 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Punky Brewster:
If it's just one on one, you could use Google Talk

Strange, but Google Talk keeps giving me this connection error. Says 'Cannot authenticate to server', I'm guessing my computer is hating me. This is bad because I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to correcting such things.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-24-2005 10:30:36 PM
Urgh...fuck ZoneAlarm with...goddamn, something nasty because I can't think of anything bad enough. All my internet problems start with that...

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 11-24-2005 11:39:55 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi obviously shouldn't have said:
Urgh...fuck ZoneAlarm with...goddamn, something nasty because I can't think of anything bad enough. All my internet problems start with that...

Get a real firewall. ZoneAlarm can be compared to a used condom poked full of random holes. It just don't work.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: