EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: How do YOU tie your shoes?
Sean
posted 11-23-2005 10:49:47 PM
The right way or the wrong way?

WHO AMONG YOU ARE COMPLETE RETARDS

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-23-2005 10:56:57 PM
I'm too lazy to watch the videos, but I tie them the dumb way that they taught the slow kids and I never bothered to learn the other method later because this one works just as well
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-23-2005 10:59:21 PM
I tie them the way Adam Sandler did in whatever movie it was that he had a kid. The 'loop it, swoop it, and pull' thing or whatever the fuck it was. Too lazy to break habits to do it another way.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 11-23-2005 11:03:03 PM
That movie was Big Daddy.

I mostly wear work boots or low cuts so I just tie a knot at the end of the lace and just wear then loose at the ankle.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Steven Steve
posted 11-23-2005 11:06:45 PM
Hahaha... What the hell!? I have never seen this wrong way, ever.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 11-23-2005 11:09:21 PM
Ze right way. It's shoe tying, not rocket science. I don't get how anyone with two braincells can possibly get it wrong.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 11-23-2005 11:29:06 PM
quote:
How.... Ruvyen.... uughhhhhh:
Ze right way. It's shoe tying, not rocket science. I don't get how anyone with two braincells can possibly get it wrong.

Yeah! Damn those kids that don't know! Now let's make fun of the ones that haven't learned to walk yet!

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 11-23-2005 11:40:31 PM
Left over right, loop in the left string, right over left. It's just a reversed square knot.
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-23-2005 11:42:24 PM
Yeah, I've never seen that wrong way before either

The right way was the only way I ever learned it

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-23-2005 11:47:23 PM
I don't either way! Slip on shoes! Oh ho!
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 11-24-2005 12:12:13 AM
Right way. I've seen people with the wrong way, and it drives me nuts. Like, want to punch them in the face kind of nuts.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-24-2005 12:16:58 AM
hay guys just fyi i deem my method of doing a trivial task that is just as effective as yours to be inferior

bow down

haha seriously what? who cares

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-24-2005 12:20:02 AM
The "wrong way". Was never taught the "right way".

Though most people I went to school with never bothered to tie their shoes. :/

Willias fucked around with this message on 11-24-2005 at 12:20 AM.

Gadani
U
posted 11-24-2005 12:25:06 AM
I double-tie my shoes and they never come untied so I don't tie my shoes!

edit: But apparently I do it the right way when I tie them after purchasing them.

Gadani fucked around with this message on 11-24-2005 at 12:32 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-24-2005 12:37:01 AM
quote:
Gadani said:
I double-tie my shoes and they never come untied so I don't tie my shoes!

Same. I tie them "the right way" twice.

If I do it once they always end up falling off.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-24-2005 01:36:09 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Hahaha... What the hell!? I have never seen this wrong way, ever.

What Sportacus said.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 11-24-2005 02:06:41 AM
RIght way, I tried the wrong way once like 10 years ago and I couldnt handle it, it didnt feel right. But then the only thing I ever actually tie are my boots, I leave my shoes tied or wear my slip on dress shooes things.
LeMiere
posted 11-24-2005 02:58:27 AM
I tie the right way.

I refused to do that stupid 'bunny ear' method. Anything that came with some sort of story, I hated. Reminded me of those damned hand clapping games.

They never let me play the hand-clapping games. :[

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-24-2005 07:57:19 AM
....My boots have straps, and my sandels use starps and hook and loop tape, I don't think I have had to tie shoes in like 3-4 years.

Peter fucked around with this message on 11-24-2005 at 07:57 AM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-24-2005 09:58:05 AM
i thought you are supposed to stop tieng your shoes the "wrong way" the same time you learn to pee without the use of a diaper?

edit: It actually surprises me that adults still do this the "wrong way" though I'm not sure why it's that big a deal.

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-24-2005 at 10:00 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 11-24-2005 10:31:29 AM
I tie em the right way. I've never seen the wrong way done anywhere before, and uh.. yeah.. it's wrong on many levels.
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 11-24-2005 11:01:34 AM
Mine have Velcro...
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sean
posted 11-24-2005 11:03:19 AM
quote:
Ahh man, I shot Jackman in the face.
Mine have Velcro...

In the back of my mind, I knew this already.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 11-24-2005 11:06:32 AM
Well I could have admitted to penny loafers, but I tried to play it cool with the velcro story.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-24-2005 11:27:41 AM
I only learned the 'right' way. Having now seen the 'wrong' way for the first time, I'm wondering if it's worth trying (though it probably isn't any different). My shoes mostly have the annoying round laces that don't wear out but will come untied after an hour or two.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 11-24-2005 01:27:28 PM
The right way. Ohhh yeah.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 11-24-2005 03:01:57 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anybody do it 'the wrong way'.

Looks like a lot of fumbling.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Steven Steve
posted 11-24-2005 04:43:37 PM
I always double tie my shoelaces because I have chronically long shoelaces for some reason.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-24-2005 05:19:58 PM
I rarely have to tie mine. I just slip them on.

Sometimes I accidentally step on the laces, but that's easy to fix.

Monica fucked around with this message on 11-24-2005 at 05:23 PM.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-24-2005 08:29:21 PM
quote:
Monica had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I rarely have to tie mine. I just slip them on.

Sometimes I accidentally step on the laces, but that's easy to fix.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 11-24-2005 10:25:02 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit had this to say about Knight Rider:
Yeah! Damn those kids that don't know! Now let's make fun of the ones that haven't learned to walk yet!

Walking's easy. Left foot, right foot, left foot, left foot, left- SHIT!

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 11-24-2005 11:55:32 PM
Nice shoes you have there, bud.
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 11-25-2005 12:43:25 AM
Strange... I tie them the right way... But the Benny Hill music still plays. I can't make heads or tails of the situation.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Maradon!
posted 11-25-2005 12:54:01 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into DrPaintThinner who doth quote:
Strange... I tie them the right way... But the Benny Hill music still plays. I can't make heads or tails of the situation.

haha

I tie mine the "right way" but if I've got too much lace left - as I do with my doc martens - then I tie it again the "wrong way" to form a fairly formidible double knot that's also easy to untie.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 11-25-2005 01:05:40 AM
For the record, if you have flat laces it doesn't really matter which way you tie em, as they both work pretty much the same (Although, doing it the way they say is "WRONG" it is easier to get matching size loops on the first tie instead of over pulling one loop or the other.)

However, on dress type shoes, or some lace up boots that use the nylon weave laces that are round (Which is almost ALL of them) the way they list as "Wrong" is actually far superior as it the tie does not slip and come undone (Or at least rarely) as it does doing it the "Right" way. This is why most people end up double tieing thier shoes when they do it thr "Right" way to keep em from coming undone. It also helps to avoid the fraying problem that is common with round nylon laces.

I do it the "right" way, out of habit, but with my dress shoes especially, I often get annoyed and doing it the "Wrong" way or double tie it just so they fucking stayed tied just from normal walking. Really if they both work, and you learn one way or the other it doesn't really matter. It's like having an accent.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 11-25-2005 02:04:47 AM
I had to replace the laces on my shoes recently (the shoes are fast approaching four years old and they're in remarkably good shape considering how much I use them, so the laces were worth replacing) just to prevent this 'too much lace' problem that you all are complaining about. Shoelaces cost what, $2? Get some shorter ones!
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-25-2005 02:11:47 AM
I've never had a problem with the right way not working with round laces. Anyone who does, however, only needs to wrap the laces an extra time when doing the foundation knot (before the bow part), and it won't slip. It's cleaner than double-tying; I only double-tie when lace length is an issue.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 11-25-2005 03:30:34 PM
quote:
Bloodsage Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I've never had a problem with the right way not working with round laces. Anyone who does, however, only needs to wrap the laces an extra time when doing the foundation knot (before the bow part), and it won't slip. It's cleaner than double-tying; I only double-tie when lace length is an issue.

Lace... strength... can be an issue?

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-25-2005 03:34:26 PM
quote:
Quoth Kaiote:
Lace... strength... can be an issue?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-25-2005 03:37:31 PM
I tie my shoes with a simple double knot of butcher's twine.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: