EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: LYINAR LIVES
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-16-2005 06:07:35 PM
She went into surgery at 9:20am, was done by 10:50. Procedure was longer than an hour because the surgeon she was under the knife of is known for being exceedingly thorough. Bled a bit more than expected, but they got it all. The doc was more than pleased with how it went.

We got to see her about an hour and half later. For someone who had surgery on her spine, you wouldn't know it to look at her. Aside from the pressure bandage around her neck and all the IV's, catheter, and so forth, she looked like she does on Saturday mornings. Groggy, but her color was good.

More to the point though, she's better. They had her hooked up to neuro monitors throughout the surgery and once they got that tumor out, she immediately started receiving all those lost and sluggish signals. By the time I saw her, she could wiggle all the fingers of her right hand smoothly as if typing (up until recently her pinky and ring fingers moved together clumsily and typing with that hand was nearly impossible at any high rate of speed). Likewise, her right hand had a phenomenal grip and she could exert force with that arm.

All less than two hours after surgery. Holy fucking shit, medicine has come a long way.

She's in the hospital for tonight (to monitor for any post-operative swelling, etc), but they plan on having her up and walking around. She may come home tomorrow night. More as things develop, but for all of you who care, she came through the surgery with flying colors, they got all the tumor, and she's already recovering all the lost ability in her hand.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-16-2005 06:09:02 PM
Yay! Coolness! Give her a from me, will ya?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-16-2005 06:10:09 PM
Yey!
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 11-16-2005 06:35:43 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Duck Tales:
More as things develop, but for all of you who care, she came through the surgery with flying colors, they got all the tumor, and she's already recovering all the lost ability in her hand.

Thanks, nice to know that virgin sacrifice worked.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-16-2005 07:05:39 PM
Awesome. I'm glad she's okay.
Maradon!
posted 11-16-2005 07:09:16 PM
Did they let her keep the tumor?

I would be ultra pissed if I had something taken out of my brain and they didn't let me keep it suspended in a jar.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-16-2005 07:26:46 PM
That is super awesome that she got out all good and stuff.
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-16-2005 07:27:54 PM
Yay!
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 11-16-2005 08:11:09 PM
Very good news, I'm glad to hear all went well.

Brain surgery - serious business!

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Demos
Pancake
posted 11-16-2005 08:14:33 PM
It was spinal surgery, not brain, right?

quote:
From Ja'Deth:
For someone who had surgery on her spine

Glad to here it all went well, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 11-16-2005 08:40:54 PM
Excellent to hear! I'm glad all went smoothly
Feed my hungry soul.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-16-2005 08:46:36 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Did they let her keep the tumor?

I would be ultra pissed if I had something taken out of my brain and they didn't let me keep it suspended in a jar.

spine, not brain.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 11-16-2005 08:47:29 PM
I'm so glad everything went well.

Side note -- you're quite amusing on the phone when you have had very little sleep.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-16-2005 09:27:50 PM
*steepled fingers*

Excellent.

Malbi
posted 11-16-2005 10:05:23 PM
^_^
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Sean
posted 11-16-2005 10:08:28 PM

"Next time, Gadget, next time!"
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 11-16-2005 10:10:15 PM

Good to hear.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 11-16-2005 10:16:56 PM
Yay!
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Maradon!
posted 11-16-2005 10:21:15 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeling:
spine, not brain.

Same difference!

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-17-2005 01:11:10 AM
I'm glad things went well and she's recovering already.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-17-2005 01:13:30 AM
Glad everything's working as advertized.

So. . .what deviant DNA did you have them graft in while they were at it?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-17-2005 01:41:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear that it all went well. Give her my best!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-17-2005 02:01:15 AM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about John Romero:
Glad everything's working as advertized.

So. . .what deviant DNA did you have them graft in while they were at it?

I wonder if 'Deth was able to get his hands on blonde, pigtailed british girl DNA...

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-17-2005 10:16:04 AM
I took a pen with me and told her that I would write on her if she couldn't move her hands immediately (there was a risk of temporary weakness/temporary paralysis). I'd write "Doesn't Work" and "Can't move this" and so forth and she could wipe it off when she felt better.

Needless to say, my fun was ruined when I went in there and to show off her regained faculties she grabbed my finger so hard it throbbed.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-17-2005 10:17:50 AM
And I had plans for her. I had told her that if this didn't work we were getting her on the Jedi health care plan. Doesn't work? lop it off, get a gold prosthetic.

But now I hear they have her out of bed sitting in a chair and wandering around the ICU. Probably on the hunt for a computer with internet access if I know her. That or she's doped to the gills trying to find Harry Potter or something.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-17-2005 10:33:23 AM
Hay! That's pretty awesome!

I am glad it all worked out for her. Health problems are much of the suck.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-17-2005 11:31:08 AM
I'm really glad to hear everything worked out. Best wishes on the recovery process.
Venefica
Deadly in battle,
even deadlier in bed
posted 11-17-2005 12:57:48 PM
Yay! Thank God she's ok and going great! Send her my love, okies? Make sure you take good care of her, and stay out of her Vicadin!
Destroyer of Mystiana
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 11-17-2005 01:37:20 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about (_|_):
That or she's doped to the gills trying to find Harry Potter or something.

I just snorted a little diet pepsi up my nose reading that. I can just picture a doped out Lyinar wandering the ICU ward in a little gown seeking out He Who Lived.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-17-2005 04:07:50 PM
quote:
Venefica had this to say about dark elf butts:
Yay! Thank God she's ok and going great! Send her my love, okies? Make sure you take good care of her, and stay out of her Vicadin!

... WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-17-2005 04:09:18 PM
quote:
Y.O.T.C stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
... WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?

Someone from before your time, n00b.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-18-2005 04:11:32 PM
I'm glad to hear it.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 11-18-2005 09:50:31 PM
Good to know that things went perfectly well and she's on the mend. Spine-related surgery is tricky stuff. My dad had a slipped disk that went unnoticed for a while, and during the surgery, they ended up having to remove a few nerves along his ribcage, so he now has no feeling in that section of the right side of his back. If you or she has a gameboy/psp/ds, that'd be a sure way to pass the time.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-19-2005 12:12:24 PM
There's nothing like going 3 days with your ass uncovered to make you appreciate pants.

I came home today. Still shaky and groggy, but out of the hospital at least.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-19-2005 02:07:55 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote:
There's nothing like going 3 days with your ass uncovered to make you appreciate pants.

[i] * imagines an NBC logo sailing past with the words "The More You Know" appearing on screen *

Well, it is Saturday morning... (read Deth's post)

Glad to see you're well.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-19-2005 02:56:50 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote:

I like it when my ass is uncovered...

I'm glad you're recovering so well, oh Piney Fresh One!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-20-2005 09:19:35 AM
I've seen more of Lyinar's butt in the last few days...and it's not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's just like "Hubba hubb-oh, right...sick...damn it."

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: