EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Rakion
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 10-30-2005 03:24:06 PM
In case you didn't already know, and were interested, Rakion opened back up a while ago.

A lot of the Bugs from Closed Beta have been fixed, although the stupid "Cannot Join a Game if your Ping to Someone is over Xamount" which means pain in the ass joining some games, remains. I have yet to be disconnected, ever, from a game since Open Beta started though.

Ninja's are still all around cheap bastards, but it does look like Blacksmiths were beefed up as well to handle it better than they used to.(They are a whole lot faster now, and have very short delay after invulunterable, same for the swordsmen for that matter. Archers still have longass delay after the Invul, Ninja's have no delay at all like it was before.) Balcksmiths AoE Special has also been increased, and now has a very very short delay as opposed to every other class but Ninja.

Swordsmen are still all around asskickers.

Archers are still on the lowend of the totem pole, but if you ingnore an archer, or they have backup archer buddies, they can be and are, annoying as shit to play against even if they are pretty much useless.

Mages are still horribly cheap like Ninja's, and seem to last longer than they used to. But overall, unless they have singled you out or are spam balling an area from above, they can be easily taken out up close. (Note because of this most mages are horribly lame and spam ball areas, requring you to go hunt them down. Easy way to rack up a TON of kills for a mage sinces its massive AoE damage to everyone, at which point they Chaos and then they can tear shit up instantly even up close. Multiple mages make this an impossible fight.)

Even with the imbalance issues of the Ninjas and Mage stuff, overall it is still a pretty fun game for a good time killer. I'll pop on every now and then just to knock it around a bit. It's a lot more stable than it used to be.

Word of Warning in Golem games, if the other team has a Ninja on it.. Kill the Ninjas first at all costs. Ninja's are horribly horribly overpowered on Golem maps and can 3 shot kill the enemy Teams golem, even at low levels. If a decent level Ninja has the golden sword and you dont kill them fast, you can pretty much expect match over.

Rakion

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-30-2005 03:40:49 PM
You cannot run away from extreme striking sensation.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 10-30-2005 03:42:49 PM
The engrish remains.

Edit: One more thing, dont join or make a game over 8 people, or it gets laggy as shit just like it always has. 3v3 is best 4v4 is pushing it but still okay, 5v5 will start lagging like shit anytime the game gets a few seconds in.

So lag in people heavy games remains. Once you get over 4v4 its starts getting horribly retarded and pointless anyway. Masssive Spam, and if either team has mages its basically who has the most or highest level ones for 'gg'

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 10-30-2005 at 03:47 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 10-30-2005 07:45:39 PM
BiggyMcLarge here, Blacksmith
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sabratiz
Pancake
posted 10-30-2005 07:50:45 PM
I play a mage, and find that the projection or whatever it's called is more effective. Mainly because dodging an attack from most players isn't all that difficult since mages are pretty quick over all. Only problem is if you miss too many attacks the other player is bound to get an idea how to smack you a few times. Also I have alot of fun beating people up with close combat and then jumping over them and doing it again, cheesy but fun.
pain is temporary but pride is forever
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-30-2005 09:25:59 PM
I still see they only have 3 character slots per server despite there being 5 classes.

Oh well, I'll just play on the other US serv... oh, wait, there isn't one.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Zaeron
Pancake
posted 10-30-2005 11:12:35 PM
Whenever I start the game, my computer freezes. No error message, no nothing, just a solid freeze. After a while, my other programs will resume running extremely slowly, with shitloads of lag.

Any advice?

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 10-31-2005 12:55:55 AM
I downloaded it a couple weeks back, but every time I try to get on it takes me to a blank server screen and gives me an error message. Looked the message up and it said it's dealing with firewalls, but it's got access to everything through the firewalls. Turned my firewalls completely off and tried it, same thing.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 11-02-2005 08:12:30 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Oh well, I'll just play on the other US serv... oh, wait, there isn't one.

There are two US/Canada Servers. There has been since Open Beta Started.

One is at the bottom of Column 1, and the other is at the Top of Column 2.

My LAUNCHCast Station
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-02-2005 10:43:19 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris attempted to be funny by writing:
There are two US/Canada Servers. There has been since Open Beta Started.

One is at the bottom of Column 1, and the other is at the Top of Column 2.

But they have the same characters on both.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: