EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Forget your spaceships, fuel cells and segways!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-07-2005 02:29:16 PM
For Germans invent the crap that is REALLY important!

Hooray for German engineering!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 10-07-2005 at 02:36 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-07-2005 02:38:21 PM
Never ending beer ftw!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-07-2005 02:38:57 PM
Don't they speak Schwäbisch in that part of Germany?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
posted 10-07-2005 02:41:40 PM
quote:
Karnaj enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Don't they speak Schwäbisch in that part of Germany?

I refuse to talk about dialects when we could talk about beer instead!

Yes.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-07-2005 02:45:07 PM
This is amazing.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-07-2005 03:25:16 PM
Like my friend Bacon said, "Now if places that had all you can eat food could develope placemats for you plates with this technology, you wouldn't have to wait 10 minutes between foodstuffs."

Couple that with the Beer... and you'd have a REALLY happy fat man here.

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 04:36:26 PM
quote:
Tarquinn attempted to be funny by writing:
For Germans invent the crap that is REALLY important!

They just need to install taps at the table ... cutout the middle man/woman.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune."
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-07-2005 04:40:41 PM
quote:
Bacon369 wrote this stupid crap:
They just need to install taps at the table ... cutout the middle man/woman.

Now thats an Idea... pay a set ammount to sit a table with taps... but, you run into problems in places like Billmar... where there are what... 378 beers?

Bacon369
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 04:49:27 PM
BAH .. EXCUSES
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 05:04:19 PM
Do I hear Nobel Prize?
The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Bacon369
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 05:17:22 PM
quote:
TheOriginalZane enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Do I hear Nobel Prize?

Nobel would go to the one that can make this for the home....and get your significant other to play along.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-07-2005 05:18:51 PM
Now someone just needs to harness the forces that cause food to get cold and beer to get warm at the table and reverse them! That would indeed be Utopia.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 10-07-2005 05:26:41 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Bloodsage said:
Now someone just needs to harness the forces that cause food to get cold and beer to get warm at the table and reverse them! That would indeed be Utopia.

They need to put the stuff that is in Nestea Cool iced tea... Have you ever drank one room tempature? It still feels cold when you drink it.

*edit*
"is" is an important word.

Brahmin Bloodlust fucked around with this message on 10-07-2005 at 05:27 PM.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 10-07-2005 06:23:57 PM
quote:
Brahmin Bloodlust had this to say about Tron:
They need to put the stuff that is in Nestea Cool iced tea... Have you ever drank one room tempature? It still feels cold when you drink it.

*edit*

According to the gas chromatograph, the secret ingredient is... love?!

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-09-2005 12:34:42 AM
quote:
TheOriginalZane said this, then charged the door while shouting "CHONGO LONGO!":
According to Malcolm Reynolds, the secret to faster-than-light travel is... love?!

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-09-2005 12:37:40 AM
quote:
Verily, Brahmin Bloodlust doth proclaim:

*edit*

Probably some kind of mint in it.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 10-09-2005 06:42:02 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Tarquinn was all like:
For Germans invent the crap that is REALLY important![

Funnily enough, this has been the hottest topic of news item discussion among Australians since it was announced...

After all, it's well known that the only reason Germany tips out Australia in beer consumption totals each year is because there are more Germans... but we will find a way to outdrink you all!!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-09-2005 12:38:17 PM
when I pointed that newsblurb out to a friend of mine at work, she said the following:

"If the bartender was worth anything, he'd already be refilling your drink before the mat had to tell him"

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-09-2005 12:48:15 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
when I pointed that newsblurb out to a friend of mine at work, she said the following:

"If the bartender was worth anything, he'd already be refilling your drink before the mat had to tell him"

I think this would be more suited for restaurants, than actual bars. Places where the tables aren't usually in view of the area from which the drinks would be refilled. In this case, it would certainly work for beverages other than beer. Sometimes I've gone to a restaurant and had to wait for a while between each refill for the server to notice. Other times I've had a new glass before I was finished with the previous one. I think I like this invention, because it promotes laziness without cutting down on productivity! I'm all for laziness!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-09-2005 12:51:34 PM
Problem is that if it's like all human technology, it will eventually turn on us. It'll get your cel number and start sending you messages when you're at work of the "I'm lonely, and empty...come fill me up" type. Then your boss will see it, and you'll get fired.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-09-2005 12:56:14 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Problem is that if it's like all human technology, it will eventually turn on us. It'll get your cel number and start sending you messages when you're at work of the "I'm lonely, and empty...come fill me up" type. Then your boss will see it, and you'll get fired.

Thanks, now my mind is going to be in the gutter all day.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Tarquinn
posted 10-09-2005 01:00:37 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: