EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just because I feel like it....
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 01:36:44 AM
Trash talking mobs, Educational Issues, Crit rates and The aftermath

That crit rate is obscene... and no, I don't have Dagger spec, or dual Heartseekers or any other gear that generates massive crit other than my Rend Eye and SC set bonus.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 10-05-2005 01:53:40 AM
"You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means."
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Sean
posted 10-05-2005 02:35:43 AM
I guess we're just supposed to ignore the Mongoose elixir and stat buffs, huh.

Still, 26% unbuffed is nice.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Addy
posted 10-05-2005 02:37:13 AM
What's that damage meter addon you're using? It looks pretty slick.

And pfft, I see that mongoose potion! Seriously though, that's a nice rate you have going there.

edit: goddamn you sean

Addy fucked around with this message on 10-05-2005 at 02:37 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:38:29 AM
Nope. you're supposed to see the Mongoose, which boosts crit by 2%.

The BoK and Drood buff adds about 1.5% crit.

My flat-foot unbuffed crit is right around 21% though.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Sean
posted 10-05-2005 02:38:43 AM
quote:
Entertain me with more of your bullshit, Addy.
What's that damage meter addon you're using? It looks pretty slick.

That's Recap, and I'd swear I've tried to get you to use it before. It doesn't track other players as well as DMeters, but it rocks for your own overall damage. Has great skill breakdowns and all that goodness.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:39:04 AM
Recap with the TitanBar addon.

Much

Addy
posted 10-05-2005 02:41:13 AM
Hmmm I'll have to check it out, although I like being able to track the other rogues' and hunters' damage as well.

BTW Sean, am I known as the bloodvine lady to your guild now? Hehe, I got a tell tonight from a caster asking about the goggles. Although I honestly can't see why he'd use it, I would think he could get a better headpiece. I didn't catch his class, though.

Sean
posted 10-05-2005 02:42:33 AM
They like the Terminator look I've got going. One of the mages (Shlean? I think.) is looking to get the mage goggles made, if you've got the faction for the pattern yet.

Whereas I just made friendly,

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:44:55 AM
Hrm. I'd have figured there'd be an obvious question being asked... heh
Addy
posted 10-05-2005 02:45:47 AM
Right, it was Shlean who messaged me. I'm bad with names. And yes, I can make the goggles now.

Now if only a rogue doll would drop so I could be done with my librams, argh.

Addy fucked around with this message on 10-05-2005 at 02:46 AM.

Sean
posted 10-05-2005 02:46:35 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator obviously shouldn't have said:
Hrm. I'd have figured there'd be an obvious question being asked... heh

Nobody really cares about you.

quote:
There was much rejoicing when Addy said this:
Now if only a rogue doll would drop so I could be done with my librams, argh.

Welcome to ZG! Run it nine times and you might see one drop worth rolling on. (Tonight was only my seventh, though.)

Sean fucked around with this message on 10-05-2005 at 02:47 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:49:08 AM
I was given the leather boots from boss 2 in there.

They're now sitting in the bank with the SC Boots I got tonight. In a collection of 22 Large Briliant Shards.

Oh yeah.. got a new hat tonight too. The uber Magister's Crown. I now have a whopping 68 Int!

Addy
posted 10-05-2005 02:49:34 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Knight Rider:
Welcome to ZG! Run it nine times and you might see one drop worth rolling on. (Tonight was only my seventh, though.)

Eh, funny enough there are a couple items I'd use. We had that epic bow from the Bloodlord drop tonight (it went to a rogue omg). I could also use Hakkar's neckpiece... it's pretty nice.

And then there is...

EXALTED! Or whatever is required for those shoulder enchants. Argh.

Sean
posted 10-05-2005 02:52:24 AM
quote:
Addy, what the hell are you doin' out here? You oughta be in bed.
Eh, funny enough there are a couple items I'd use. We had that epic bow from the Bloodlord drop tonight (it went to a rogue omg). I could also use Hakkar's neckpiece... it's pretty nice.

We got that bow, went to a Hunter that Wrayth is trying to e-bang. I kid, I kid, she's a great person, we just need to get her abducted, branded, and released into the wild that is Phoenix Fire.

I've heard nothing of the necklace, but we're nowhere near Hakkar yet. First four bosses down, haven't made an attempt on Hexxer or Panther(lion? tiger? whatever) yet.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:53:08 AM
quote:
Addy thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

With the upcoming 'nerf' in 1.8 for damage I've put the sword set on my "want to acquire" list.

More shit I'll never see.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 02:55:30 AM
quote:
Sean spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I've heard nothing of the necklace, but we're nowhere near Hakkar yet. First four bosses down, haven't made an attempt on Hexxer or Panther(lion? tiger? whatever) yet.

What setup are you using for 3? 2 groups of people that just ping-pong the boss back and forth when she AE Webs or melee in one group and a warrior to walk the bitch back to the melees when she does the AE Web?

Guilds I'm dealing with seem to be too weak for either of those to work so I'm looking for any other kind of hook we can use to smack that bitch down.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 10-05-2005 02:58:51 AM
Only good loot that's dropped for us so far in ZG is the dagger from Venoxis and the polearm from Bloodlord.
Sean
posted 10-05-2005 03:09:53 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator Model 2000 was programmed to say:
What setup are you using for 3? 2 groups of people that just ping-pong the boss back and forth when she AE Webs or melee in one group and a warrior to walk the bitch back to the melees when she does the AE Web?

Guilds I'm dealing with seem to be too weak for either of those to work so I'm looking for any other kind of hook we can use to smack that bitch down.

We in Team Protractor worked out an awesome positioning scheme for her tonight, it was actually the first time we managed to break the bitch. What we did was pull her when we were entirely unprepared - on purpose I swear, no it wasn't me getting too close while measuring heal ranges - to kill the Sandury Speaker.

After we rezzed from the embarassing wipe we setup in two groups, in the loosest possible term. Everyone except the tanks and Rogues (fuck paladins, they heal) stood 35ft back from Mar'li between two eggs that frame the road. One Warrior, preferrably the lowest or least equipped (we had a 58 in assorted blues), hangs back with the squishie group to AE taunt spider adds.

Everything from there on is pretty simple. Melees beat the shit out of Mar'li, the lone warrior in squishie group does ranged damage until she charges some random caster, which is when the warrior taunts and runs it back to the melees. Who never move from Mar`li's podium. The key to the whole fight is keeping her where the damage is, and keeping the squishies out of her AE poison.

And keep the Hunters mana draining. For the love of god, mana drain.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-05-2005 03:26:05 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about pies:
We in Team Protractor worked out an awesome positioning scheme for her tonight, it was actually the first time we managed to break the bitch. What we did was pull her when we were entirely unprepared - on purpose I swear, no it wasn't me getting too close while measuring heal ranges - to kill the Sandury Speaker.

After we rezzed from the embarassing wipe we setup in two groups, in the loosest possible term. Everyone except the tanks and Rogues (fuck paladins, they heal) stood 35ft back from Mar'li between two eggs that frame the road. One Warrior, preferrably the lowest or least equipped (we had a 58 in assorted blues), hangs back with the squishie group to AE taunt spider adds.

Everything from there on is pretty simple. Melees beat the shit out of Mar'li, the lone warrior in squishie group does ranged damage until she charges some random caster, which is when the warrior taunts and runs it back to the melees. Who never move from Mar`li's podium. The key to the whole fight is keeping her where the damage is, and keeping the squishies out of her AE poison.

We pulled a similar situation, but we had our secondary tank hang out in front of the main group (FUCKING HOORAY FOR POISON CLEANSING TOTEM! Tee hee.). He *always* got charged. Period.

The hexxer is a fun fight, but getting to him is a pain in the fucking ass. Yes, I like those six chicks that hit cloth for 300, then put out an AE curse that increases physical damage by 500 so that you can't AE. Really. All the while with tiny gnome motherfucking warlocks shadowbolting, rain of fire'ing and summoning infernals on you.

Blackened
posted 10-05-2005 04:48:21 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator.
Trash talking mobs, Educational Issues,
That shit is so old, I don't even know what to say. Even the whole "Inconcievable" thing. I was doing that stuff back in beta when UBRS was actually hip and fresh.

But don't mind me I'm already at 40 work hrs this week so I'm not too cheerful!

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 10:47:12 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Cuba:

Mana drain doesn't do shit since her PBV is a skill not a spell. And it's the PBV that's fucking us up. :|

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 10-05-2005 10:59:42 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Duck Tales:
Oh yeah.. got a new hat tonight too. The uber Magister's Crown. I now have a whopping 68 Int!

I want one of those even though I would end up losing stats by replacing my devout crown with it, entirely because it actually matches my proph robe/shoulders while my devout crown is fugly

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 10-05-2005 11:06:39 AM
SOTD (my guild ;p) puts melee people up front (rogues/wars) and casters (not rogues/wars) in the back, with our off tank standing back. We beat her up in caster form, then when she goes into spider form, if she webs, our offtank picks her up and drags her back to the melee group. Ranged group deals with spiders (usually mage AOE).

The only other thing is her uber beam, just interrupt that.

Not a really hard fight, but it's REALLY FREAKING ANNOYING. Also, the spiders are the lamest part of the dungeon too. Too darn many. ;p

Panther lady sucks. That's a ridiculous amount of panthers- we've gotten her before (with a trick), but we can screw up really easily too.

We were actually first on our server to kill Hakkar, then the BWL uber guild yelled at us and called us newbs, and then went back to selling their 50 eyes of shadow XD

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 10-05-2005 11:28:34 AM
From what it's sounding like, most of the people that do her are Melee heavy.

This is probably what's killing us. We had 2 tanks, 3 Rogues and 2 or 3 Paladins who were on cleanse duty.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: