EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Know what EC needs?
Skaw
posted 09-28-2005 11:31:16 PM
A new Lyinar Crusade.

It'd certainly spark some life into here outside of Jackman flames.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 09-28-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-28-2005 11:32:11 PM
As opposed to a piss poor attempt at a Skaw Crusade?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Skaw
posted 09-28-2005 11:32:32 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Robocop:
As opposed to a piss poor attempt at a Skaw Crusade?

Good start.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-28-2005 11:34:24 PM
Once a jolly swagman sat beside a billabong

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-28-2005 11:37:48 PM
Why, pray tell, is this not a flame thread?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Skaw
posted 09-28-2005 11:38:53 PM
quote:
Verily, Kuroi Madoushi doth proclaim:
Why, pray tell, is this not a flame thread?

Because it was merely an idea, not the actual executed plan. Sheesh.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-28-2005 11:40:27 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Pirotess:
Because it was merely an idea, not the actual executed plan. Sheesh.

Pfft! Voted one for a waste of time then.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-28-2005 11:40:58 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Lyinar Ka`Bael was all like:
Once a jolly swagman sat beside a billabong

Under the shade of a coolabah tree..

Skaw
posted 09-28-2005 11:42:18 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kuroi Madoushi said:
Pfft! Voted one for a waste of time then.

OH NO!

Stung by the worthless voting system. It hurts so much, get the iodine.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-28-2005 11:43:53 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Skaw was all like:
OH NO!

Stung by the worthless voting system. It hurts so much, get the iodine.

Don't be a jackass you know nothing I say means a damned thing.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-28-2005 11:44:50 PM
quote:
Cavalier- had this to say about Duck Tales:
Under the shade of a coolabah tree..

And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-28-2005 11:47:17 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:

And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled

"Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda with me?"

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-28-2005 11:53:19 PM
Waltzing matilda, Waltzing Matilda, Who'll come a-waltzing matilda with me..

(off-topic)Q: Can you guess the name of the Swagman in the song?

A: Andy.

Andy sang, Andy watched, Andy waited til his billy boiled...

Yeah I know.. it's a piss poor joke, but I had to throw it in...

Also, little known fact, the "Matilda" he is talking about is his swag.. and to go "waltzing Matilda" was to go wandering about the countryside, carrying said swag on your back..... Kinda like a hobo (which is what a swagman was in the mid-late 1800s in Australia).(/off-topic)

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-28-2005 11:54:41 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Cavalier- wrote:

Also, little known fact, the "Matilda" he is talking about is his swag.. and to go "waltzing Matilda" was to go wandering about the countryside, carrying said swag on your back..... Kinda like a hobo (which is what a swagman was in the mid-late 1800s in Australia).(/off-topic)

Bravo old chap!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-28-2005 11:56:43 PM
Yep

I learned that song in elementary school and we had a whole neat thing on Australian slang and such. It's a fun little song.

Did anyone ever see that little Disney short that had the three jester dudes explaining some of the more popular childrens' songs? I thought it was rather interesting. I hadn't realized just where Mary Quite Contrary came from before that.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-29-2005 12:00:08 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Lyinar Ka`Bael said:
Did anyone ever see that little Disney short that had the three jester dudes explaining some of the more popular childrens' songs? I thought it was rather interesting. I hadn't realized just where Mary Quite Contrary came from before that.

Kinda like "Ring A Rosie", eh?

Skaw
posted 09-29-2005 12:01:19 AM
JESUS CHRIST QUIT FUCKING HIJACKING MY THREAD ALREADY
Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-29-2005 12:03:08 AM
Am I the only one to never have heard Waltzing Matilda before?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-29-2005 12:08:59 AM
quote:
Cavalier- impressed everyone with:
Kinda like "Ring A Rosie", eh?

Exactly, although I've read somewhere that the common belief that it was about the Black Plague isn't correct. That's the explanation the Disney show gave, though.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-29-2005 12:10:30 AM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Am I the only one to never have heard Waltzing Matilda before?

Yes.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-29-2005 12:10:43 AM
IIRC, theres three or four variations on what "Ring A Rosie" is supposed to be about.

The most popular version, though, is that its about the Black Plague.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-29-2005 12:11:16 AM
quote:
Cavalier- enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

That's kinda like the joke my Catholic school friends used to tell me about how you could get God's name from the Lord's Prayer: "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Howard be thy name".

Yeah, I know it's stupid. I didn't make it up, I'm just repeating it

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-29-2005 12:11:34 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Fuck you and your fucking thread.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 09-29-2005 12:13:50 AM
quote:
From the book of Callalron, chapter 3, verse 16:
That's kinda like the joke my Catholic school friends used to tell me about how you could get God's name from the Lord's Prayer: "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Howard be thy name".

Yeah thats a good one too.

Speaking of which, and going off on a tangent to really fuck with Skaw's head (Love ya man! ), one of my co-workers told me an amusing little limmerick the other day:

The once was a curate from Kings
Whose mind dwelt on heavenly things
But his Principle desire
Was a boy in the choir
With an ass like jelly on springs.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-29-2005 12:14:48 AM
What EC needs is more active members that are worthwhile.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-29-2005 12:14:53 AM
quote:
Skaw wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Fly this this thread to Habana, you imperialist Yanqui scumbug!

Callalron fucked around with this message on 09-29-2005 at 12:16 AM.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-29-2005 12:15:02 AM
quote:
Callalron was naked while typing this:

LOL I never heard that one before.

And even if it's not right, the Black Plague explanation does seem to fit but for one thing: those words more than likely weren't the same as they are today and wouldn't rhyme in the original, like you would expect a children's song to do.

Deth is taking a history of the English language class and he told me that in the original form, the Canterbury Tales DOES rhyme. They apparently listened to part of it read tonight.

So the Black Plague explanation is probably wrong. I haven't really found another that fits as well, though.

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 09-29-2005 at 12:16 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-29-2005 12:17:01 AM
If you ever go to the land of England, be sure to check out Madame Tousseaux's wax museum and then find the Chamber of Horrors therein.

Fun little Black Plague/Ring around the Rosie exhibit.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-29-2005 12:22:49 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Cavalier-!
Yeah thats a good one too.

Speaking of which, and going off on a tangent to really fuck with Skaw's head (Love ya man! ), one of my co-workers told me an amusing little limmerick the other day:

The once was a curate from Kings
Whose mind dwelt on heavenly things
But his Principle desire
Was a boy in the choir
With an ass like jelly on springs.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-29-2005 12:27:39 AM
I saw a vegetarian zombie tonight... he was shuffling around moaning "Grrrains..."

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-29-2005 12:45:50 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Tron:
I saw a vegetarian zombie tonight... he was shuffling around moaning "Grrrains..."

Ow...that's...my gr-brains...

Malbi
posted 09-29-2005 01:53:36 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mightion Defensor:

okay where was this? and LOL

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-29-2005 02:07:27 AM
quote:
Malbi wrote this stupid crap:
okay where was this? and LOL

Loser.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 09-29-2005 02:40:35 AM
A man goes to the doctor. Says he's depressed. He says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. The doctor says "The treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him, that should pick you up." The man bursts into tears. He says "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 09-29-2005 02:57:47 AM
omg snopes on rosie

Hi

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 09-29-2005 03:20:57 AM
quote:
Ferret was listening to Cher while typing:
A man goes to the doctor. Says he's depressed. He says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. The doctor says "The treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him, that should pick you up." The man bursts into tears. He says "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

I laughed way too hard at that and I don't know why.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-29-2005 11:07:04 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mightion Defensor!

That was really bad.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: