EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Should I call BS or what?
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-25-2005 02:53:47 AM
My boss cut my hours so she could give them to someone from another store.

I have one shift next week. Because of someone who doesn't even fucking work with me.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-25-2005 04:21:19 AM
You might want to ask why.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ryuujin
posted 09-25-2005 09:13:23 AM
Are you part time? If so, you may be nearing the 1000-hour mark.
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-25-2005 09:38:42 AM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Are you part time? If so, you may be nearing the 1000-hour mark.

Or if I remember right, if you are part time, but they work you full time hours they will cut your hours on like the 16th week of work, otherwise they have to make you full-time.

Peter fucked around with this message on 09-25-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Monica
posted 09-25-2005 11:01:04 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Knight Rider:
You might want to ask why.

The why is because the guy from the other store wasn't getting enough hours, so they called and asked if we had any to give him. So she gave him mine.

It'd be one thing if she could justify it, like if she needed to train somebody, because they cut us so short on labor now that we're not allowed to have midshifts anymore, and that was the main way we'd train people. I'd still be pissed but at least that's a good reason. This was just a matter of her putting someone else's employees ahead of her own. But since she doesn't take me seriously and has absolutely zero respect for me, I guess I shouldn't be too shocked.

I do not work full time hours. I'm supposed to work about 20 hours a week - it's not much but girl's gotta pay for gas, and that can usually get me by. As it stands, I can barely afford to work there.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 09-25-2005 11:20:41 AM
Put forth a complaint? Failing that, contact her boss and file a complaint. Chain of command.

Otherwise, tell her to fuck off and find a new job.

Byrnie
Pancake
posted 09-25-2005 08:53:45 PM
Hollywood Video, where empolyees are treated like family. Unfortunately 95% of that family is made up of red headed step children.
Monica
posted 09-26-2005 12:01:00 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Byrnie:
Hollywood Video, where empolyees are treated like family. Unfortunately 95% of that family is made up of red headed step children.

Yeah basically. Everyone gets paid more than me to do the same damn work, too. I have tenure over everyone except my Assistant Manager and yet the only people who make less than me are GSRs, and even then some of them just barely.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 09-26-2005 12:06:26 AM
Perhaps they feel you wont complain. Please rock the boat, and tell them to cut someone elses hours. You might also wish to complain to the DM about how you are senior to everyone but get paid less. Suggest that you feel its due to your sex and you feel discriminated against.

See what develops.

Better yet they likly have a sexual harrasement hotline. Call them and suggest your pay is reduced and your hours cut becuse you dont play "ball" with the manager.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Monica
posted 09-26-2005 12:11:25 AM
My boss is a woman, so sexual harrassment doesn't really fly.

I'm trying to bide my time. I want to see what comes up on my annual review - I am thinking she will either come up with some kind of cop-out and not give me a raise or give me a really shitty raise because she knows I'm planning to quit anyway. Working on another job when I can find the time to fill out applications, though.

Sean
posted 09-26-2005 12:11:55 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Jackman said:
:words:

If you were trying to be funny, please remember that short and sweet is the way to go. In this particular instance, a movie quotation would be perfect; "Shandra, don't be afraid to show a little ass."

If you are serious, I pray to gods that I don't usually worship that you are soon hit by a bus.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-26-2005 12:21:22 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Jackman!
Perhaps they feel you wont complain. Please rock the boat, and tell them to cut someone elses hours. You might also wish to complain to the DM about how you are senior to everyone but get paid less. Suggest that you feel its due to your sex and you feel discriminated against.

See what develops.

Better yet they likly have a sexual harrasement hotline. Call them and suggest your pay is reduced and your hours cut becuse you dont play "ball" with the manager.

And you wonder why you'll be delivering pizza for the rest of your life.

Make sure that my steak fanatic pizza is delivered fresh next time kthxla~

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-26-2005 12:43:43 AM
quote:
Monica had this to say about Duck Tales:
My boss is a woman, so sexual harrassment doesn't really fly.

Further, that shit doesn't fly outside of movies. You can get in serious trouble for making false allegations.

Demos
Pancake
posted 09-26-2005 12:46:43 AM
Not to mention, potentially ruining an innocent person's career is really, really, really fuckin uncool.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-26-2005 01:28:55 AM
Plus, there's the fact that actually knowing what your co-workers earn is grounds for dismissal in many companies. It's generally considered taboo to ask people what they earn, and likewise to tell anyone what you earn.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Jackman
posted 09-26-2005 06:09:39 AM
I'd like to mention that my job while seemingly mundane actually pays well. I work for a Mom and Pop store in an exclusive area. The big chain stores are not allowed to build stores there and so we have more or less an exclusive delivery area. Our product is simply the best in town IMHO and I earn an excellent wage even by its self. My tips can run almost $200 in a night. I have the flexibility being able to work when I want within reason and the owners are like family who treat me exceedingly well.

Please don’t judge me because poorly for it. I’m happy and I like my job isn’t that what counts?

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Monica
posted 09-26-2005 10:15:29 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Densetsu wrote:
Plus, there's the fact that actually knowing what your co-workers earn is grounds for dismissal in many companies. It's generally considered taboo to ask people what they earn, and likewise to tell anyone what you earn.

I don't think it means much among the hourly employees here, but we are definitely not supposed to know what the higher-ups make. Except, you know, that doesn't work because my boss has some official-looking piece of paper with her salary on it posted on the bulletin board in the officce.

Monica
posted 09-26-2005 10:15:58 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Tron:
Further, that shit doesn't fly outside of movies. You can get in serious trouble for making false allegations.

Yeah that too.

Sean
posted 09-26-2005 10:16:15 AM
You still deliver pizza for a living.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-26-2005 10:20:12 AM
imo.. get a new job for sure. Check out Monster.com for jobs in your area, you would be surprised with what you can find there. I put my resume on it a couple of weeks ago and got 8 calls in one day. That's with having a really shitty resume too.

I am now out of retail and getting paid more than I was, working for a huge company that I can make a career with. (if I don't kill my coworker first)

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 09-26-2005 10:20:54 AM
We're hiring.

So long as you're not afraid to show a little ass.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-26-2005 10:23:25 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Punky Brewster:

So long as you're not afraid to show a little ass.

I thought McD's liked the big booty bitches?

Jackman
posted 09-26-2005 11:03:01 AM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Tron:
You still deliver pizza for a living.

Yep, but I enjoy what I do and nothing you say can take that away from me I pay cash as I go, have no debt (other than a mortgage) and my wife and I life a comfortable lifestyle. Who can really ask for anymore than that?

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-26-2005 11:13:14 AM
Being stupid truly is its own reward.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-26-2005 05:18:30 PM
Judging by Jackman's example, I guess the old saying is true, ignorance really is bliss.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: