EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Druid changes ftw
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-23-2005 03:37:21 PM
Awesome

Great changes, and even though I'm not a druid, they look pretty cool.

I personally think blizzard made them ridiculously insanely overpowered for pvp, instead of just overpowered.

But that seems to be blizzard's stance: instead of balancing things via nerfs, they just make every class ridiculously overpowered (or at least seemingly so), and it all should work out.

One more question: Is cure poison a restoration spell?

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Sean
posted 09-23-2005 03:43:05 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about Captain Planet:
instead of balancing things via nerfs, they just make every class ridiculously overpowered (or at least seemingly so)

wait what?
<-----

Sean fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 03:43 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-23-2005 03:47:30 PM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
wait what?
<-----

Well, their complete classes (shamans, hunters, and, uh, warlocks, although warlocks might be the exception because they hate them),have the potential to be insanely overpowered in pvp (sword and board elemental shamans, and beast mastery hunters), and druids, who were already pretty decent in pvp, are now going to get a lot stronger.

Although moonkin form sucks.

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-23-2005 03:49:42 PM
I really like the Feral druid last skill. And Moonfolk form ftw!
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-23-2005 03:51:01 PM
quote:
Delidgamond wrote this stupid crap:
I really like the Feral druid last skill. And Moonfolk form ftw!

I do too. Now that blizzard is redoing talent trees, they're doing a pretty darn good job.

Except on warlocks.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 09-23-2005 03:51:07 PM
Cool, mage form for druids. Kinda wish I still had my beta character now. Not that I even play right now anyways

edit: I ADDED A Y

Cobalt Katze fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-23-2005 03:51:51 PM
I wonder if Barkskin and Moonfolk will stack.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 09-23-2005 04:05:50 PM
Wait, did you just say Shaman is a complete class?

Excuse me for a minute here.

HAHAHAHAHA

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-23-2005 04:24:14 PM
quote:
Batty probably says this to all the girls:
Wait, did you just say Shaman is a complete class?

Excuse me for a minute here.

HAHAHAHAHA

I thought blizzard said that. Maybe I just got confused with some newb, or I am blinded by being beaten by two skills 95% of fights with shaman (cure poison and frost shock).

Lenlalron Flameblaster fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Batty
posted 09-23-2005 04:26:14 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster wrote this stupid crap:
I thought blizzard said that. Maybe I just got confused with some newb.

They said that a long time ago before they started messing with other classes. As is now, Shaman is one of the weakest classes along with Rogues. Good going completely changing the balance around Blizzard!

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 09-23-2005 04:27:04 PM
quote:
Batty thought about the meaning of life:
They said that a long time ago before they started messing with other classes. As is now, Shaman is one of the weakest classes along with Rogues. Good going completely changing the balance around Blizzard!

Shamans might need buffs for PvE, but saying they suck at pvp is just wrong.

Addy
posted 09-23-2005 04:27:08 PM
Shamans are one of the more complete classes in the game right now, correct. Along with rogue and mage. 100% complete? No, there are some issues (mainly PVE), but compared to other classes they have it good.

The druid changes look good, but a raiding druid would still be stupid to spec out of innervate. =\

Batty
posted 09-23-2005 04:30:26 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster's fortune cookie read:
Shamans might need buffs for PvE, but saying they suck at pvp is just wrong.

They suck at both. Or rather, really suck at PvE and don't suck quite at bad at PvP, as long as the PvP is 1vs1. But I'll stop hijacking now, I just had to get a laugh in.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 09-23-2005 04:34:05 PM
Moonkin look stupid.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-23-2005 04:39:57 PM
The problem is that too many trees just have too many good things that aren't worth speccing out of.

I mean, no Druid who wants to play a raid will ever spec out of Innervate. No Mage will ever spec out of Evocation. Few Warriors will spec out of MS.

Talonus
Loner
posted 09-23-2005 04:40:13 PM
quote:
Addy spewed forth this undeniable truth:
The druid changes look good, but a raiding druid would still be stupid to spec out of innervate. =\

Exactly. The changes are nice, but innervate is still innervate. Moonkin form isn't that great, simply because you can't heal in moonkin form and druid nukes really aren't that good. Leader of the pack sucks. The lower level abilities are nice for the most part (I think restoration took a little bit of a nerf tbh), but you can't really go for them because innervate is required.

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 09-23-2005 04:50:14 PM
Moonkin form.. More like Moonfire form am i rite
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 09-23-2005 05:16:14 PM
As somebody on the WoW forums said, if you have a balance specced druid hanging out in your caster cluster, and a feral druid hanging out in your melee cluster, that's +3% crit to an entire raid. Which isn't too shabby.

My two druids are feral/resto and balance/resto anyway, so this just makes it nicer for them.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-23-2005 05:25:24 PM
quote:
El Cuchillo thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
As somebody on the WoW forums said, if you have a balance specced druid hanging out in your caster cluster, and a feral druid hanging out in your melee cluster, that's +3% crit to an entire raid. Which isn't too shabby.

That's about all they're good for though. Unless you have more than enough healers already, I don't see how they'd be better than a restoration druid with innervate. Quite frankly, I don't see people being too accepting of balance/feral druids... not that they ever were.

Innervate is the druid's best and worst ability. Until Blizzard removes it or places it lower in the restoration chain, druids will stay chained to the ability and the 31 talent points it requires.

Addy and Lash can always correct me on it, since they're both in a BWL-capable guild and I quit a good while ago. I doubt I'm wrong though.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 05:27 PM.

Addy
posted 09-23-2005 06:16:32 PM
quote:
El Cuchillo's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

My two druids are feral/resto and balance/resto anyway, so this just makes it nicer for them.

That's two less innervates for the main priests. (Yes, priests, druids rarely use it for themselves unless if it's MC, I guess.)

Generally in BWL (I'm not a healer so I don't know 100%) druids are recruited for innervate first with ranged/rogue healing close behind, then combat rez. You can't do the first two when you're balanced and feral spec. What's the point then? If you can't innervate, the guild might as well recruit another priest instead.

Sean
posted 09-23-2005 06:20:41 PM
It is called Winnervate for a reason.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-23-2005 07:14:31 PM
Druids are invaluable in keeping everyone who isn't a tank going, especially with all the bosses that have massive novas/AEs. We often have a Paladin/Druid pair assigned to different groups. Raids just don't have any place for a Feral specced druid. Your Leader of the Pack helps four others, apparently. Likewise for Moonfolk (which better have a really cool graphic imo).

But in addition to padhealing and keeping softies alive, the druids are basically walking timers for Battlerez and Innervate, both of which can easily tip the scales in a fight.

So it's really not viable for you to hang around in feral form (though we do had a druid tank Vael for like 10 seconds the other night, it was hot). I suppose a PvP nuke druid might be viable now for a lot of hit-and-run-if-it-doesn't-go-your-way, but I don't really know.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 07:17 PM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 09-23-2005 07:28:24 PM
quote:
I suppose a PvP nuke druid might be viable now for a lot of hit-and-run-if-it-doesn't-go-your-way, but I don't really know.[/QB]

seems like a druid built to nuke and flee could be really effective, and almost certainly very annoying. Thats a build to try,

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-23-2005 10:12:06 PM
I wrote a new article on WoW and Cheese for this.

Check it out?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-23-2005 11:12:01 PM
Surprise! there's only one viable build for high-end PVE for druids even after the patch!

I don't care about high end PVE right now though

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 03:05:57 AM
This is why I dislike raiding in MMOGs
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 07:07:39 PM
As much fun as the feral builds would be for solo pvp'ing, they'd be essentially useless in pve, and if you want to be your most viable in a group in pvp you should still really have NS, which gimps any attempt to use the feral tree. This would be a fun build for feral:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids2/talents.html?01400533120000000502321323202151000000000000000

if you had the right gear (could make a decently critting cat form build) but still, innervate aside, just the loss of NS really sucks...all too often when fighting in pvp you get stunned or disoriented, and by the time you get back on your feet, you or a groupmate is at 100 health and NS saves your life or theirs.

All in all its a feel-good patch but doesn't change a whole lot. Although I just noticed that Omen of Clarity now works with other forms, but still...I really don't see giving up NS and innervate for either pvp, pve OR raiding.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-24-2005 09:18:38 PM
There is only one solution: Innervate must die.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Aaron (the good one)
posted 09-24-2005 09:39:12 PM
I'd prefer something like this now for PvE/PvP spec
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 09:56:17 PM
quote:
Delidgamond spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I'd prefer something like this now for PvE/PvP spec

Its nice, but it might help to possibly drop the enrage and possibly the imp rejuve in order to pick up 5 in nature's focus for the uninterrupted healing. It'd make leveling and pvp a little easier, although I agree that if you were raiding in end game, if you have aggro you're fucked regardless.

edit: I had a declarative sentence with a question mark!

Demos fucked around with this message on 09-24-2005 at 09:56 PM.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: