EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Air America asking for donations
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2005 02:31:46 PM
Apparently Air America is unable to attract enough advertisers has now resorted to soliciting for donations.

I guess even embezzling public funds just wasn't enough to keep them funded

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-23-2005 02:38:54 PM
Hey hold on, I thought the liberal media was taking over the world?
Maradon!
posted 09-23-2005 02:43:58 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Pvednes who doth quote:
Hey hold on, I thought the liberal media was taking over the world?

First off, the radio culture is a little bit different from TV in the demographics it gathers.

Second, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN ARE all still absurdly left-biased, with Fox News being the only centrist news station that has existed probably in the history of television. People HAVE to watch the left-biased crap on TV because it's literally everywhere, so it stays afloat.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 09-23-2005 at 02:46 PM.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 09-23-2005 02:47:17 PM
quote:
In a disastrous attempt to be funny and clever, Maradon! wrote:
First off, the radio culture is a little bit different from TV in the demographics it gathers.

Second, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN ARE all still absurdly left-biased, with Fox News being the only centrist news station that has existed probably in the history of television. People HAVE to watch the left-biased crap on TV because it's literally everywhere, so it stays afloat.

lollllllll

hey
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 09-23-2005 02:47:54 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s account was hax0red to write:

Haha, yeah right. Fox News is definitely right-wing almost all the time.

There's no such thing as an unbiased TV news source. They're all absurdly biased. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-23-2005 02:59:33 PM
What's wrong with soliciting donations? If listeners are willing to pay to keep their choice of programming on the air, so be it.

Honestly, people are so rabidly dickish about the fact that Air America probably doesn't have a wide enough audience to support itself on advertising revenue alone.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-23-2005 03:27:45 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

Voted 5.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-23-2005 06:33:18 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I guess even embezzling public funds just wasn't enough to keep them funded

'Anonymous sources' can say many fun things. Just this morning one told me that you love to sodomize kittens.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mod
Pancake
posted 09-23-2005 06:40:56 PM
quote:
Verily, Maradon! doth proclaim:

Why did the media sodomize Clinton with a salted baseball bat if they're so liberal? Why did they give airtime to the swiftboat vetarans for more book sales? Why did they not stereotype Bush as a drunk-driving cokehead in 2000 like they did Clinton with the Lewinsky thing and Gore with 'LOL ROBOT'? Why did they murder Dean by detaching the audio track of him trying to be heard over a noisy crowd from the background noise and playing it over and over and over again?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-23-2005 07:19:12 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Optimus Prime:
'Anonymous sources' can say many fun things. Just this morning one told me that you love to sodomize kittens.

It did happen, but that Evan Cohen guy is such a scumbag it wouldn't surprise me if Air America didn't see any of that money (they can't find it anywhere in their records). And the new ownership is working on paying back the money Cohen took, to their credit.

Maybe they can sell lemonade to raise the money cuz they're so poor, am I right, Maradon? LOL.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-23-2005 10:05:30 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Why did the media sodomize Clinton with a salted baseball bat if they're so liberal? Why did they give airtime to the swiftboat vetarans for more book sales? Why did they not stereotype Bush as a drunk-driving cokehead in 2000 like they did Clinton with the Lewinsky thing and Gore with 'LOL ROBOT'? Why did they murder Dean by detaching the audio track of him trying to be heard over a noisy crowd from the background noise and playing it over and over and over again?

The political part of Maradon's mind doesn't exist in the same reality that we do. Just give it up and chuckle along with the rest of us.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 12:11:38 AM
I honestly think he does it as a joke/troll.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-24-2005 03:31:10 AM
quote:
Maradon! got a good feeling!

Ann Coulter? Is that you?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 04:36:57 AM
If everyone is left, and you're centrist, doesn't that just make you right, and them the centrists? Guess it all depends on where you stand, litearlly
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-24-2005 04:48:51 AM
quote:
Father McKenzie had this to say about Tron:
If everyone is left, and you're centrist, doesn't that just make you right, and them the centrists? Guess it all depends on where you stand, litearlly

What.

If everyone around you is a cannibal and you don't eat people, doesn't that make YOU the cannibal?

Not that Fox is centrist at all.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-24-2005 04:51:36 AM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:
, with Fox News being the only centrist news station that has existed probably in the history of television.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 09-24-2005 05:10:23 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:
What.

If everyone around you is a cannibal and you don't eat people, doesn't that make YOU the cannibal?

Not that Fox is centrist at all.

Being a cannibal or not being a cannibal isn't a good comparison. If it's seventy degrees out, that might not be very warm at all, but it could be considered real warm if every other day is about fifty degrees. Cannibal is an 'is or isn't' sort of relation while this is a degrees and perspective situation.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-24-2005 07:58:55 PM
quote:
Father McKenzie isn't in Kansas anymore:
Being a cannibal or not being a cannibal isn't a good comparison. If it's seventy degrees out, that might not be very warm at all, but it could be considered real warm if every other day is about fifty degrees. Cannibal is an 'is or isn't' sort of relation while this is a degrees and perspective situation.

Air America is about as leftist as you can get, but that doesn't make Fox News centrist.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: