EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Shitty Day
Ares
posted 09-01-2005 05:33:52 PM
It's my mom's birthday tomorrow.. We just gave her her gifts.. (she goes away every labour day)

Afterwards, she tells us that she got her ultrasound results back.

There's a solid mass on her left kidney that's fairly large.

We don't know what it is yet, but they were going to schedule a CAT scan for November, but out family nurse said that was too far away... So yeah..

Kindof scary...

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 09-01-2005 05:39:05 PM
Close your bank account.

edit: Okay I actually read the thread now and I hope she's okay

Liam fucked around with this message on 09-01-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-01-2005 05:39:57 PM
Let me recap...solid mass on kidney now so they schedule the CAT scan in November? What the fucking hell?! Y'all gotta go ninja on some bitches and get your mom taken care of. Hope things work out ok.

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 09-01-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Ares
posted 09-01-2005 05:42:04 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Kuroi Madoushi was all like:
Let me recap...solid mass on kidney now so they schedule the CAT scan in November? What the fucking hell?! Y'all gotta go ninja on some bitches and get your mom taken care of. Hope things work out ok.

The nurse at the doctors office is pushing for a sooner date. She told them that was unacceptable, so yeah... Hopefully thyy'll push it up.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-01-2005 06:09:30 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
The nurse at the doctors office is pushing for a sooner date. She told them that was unacceptable, so yeah... Hopefully thyy'll push it up.

Here's hopin'.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Maradon!
posted 09-01-2005 06:14:09 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kuroi Madoushi booooze lime pole over bench lick:

Welcome to the glory of socialized medicine.

Mod
Pancake
posted 09-01-2005 06:16:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Welcome to the glory of socialized medicine.

Wrong thread, guy.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-01-2005 06:27:49 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

This I believe is one of the disadvantages to the socialized healthcare system in Canuckistan. I Think there are like more MRI and ultra sound machines in Central NJ, if not just Ocean and Monmouth County than there is in Canada.

--This really suck Ares, hope you can get the date bumped up.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-01-2005 06:34:01 PM
If you have an option of hospitals, don't for the love of god choose joe brant.

Mount Sinai in Toronto are the doctors that dealt with my mom, and the doctors in London dealt with my Aunt.

Tell mom I'm thinking about her! (And that I say hi!)

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-01-2005 08:54:45 PM
The solid mass on her kidney is an evolutionary advancement. It's a solid plate designed to defend the kidney from trauma.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 09-01-2005 09:50:23 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
The solid mass on her kidney is an evolutionary advancement. It's a solid plate designed to defend the kidney from trauma.

You mean it's a mutation. Ready the angry mob!

Ares
posted 09-01-2005 10:32:34 PM
Heh.. I found this online...

quote:
A diagnosis of kidney cancer is nearly certain when there is blood in the urine and a solid mass in the kidney is shown by one of the imaging studies. These results are enough to plan an operation to remove some or all of the diseased kidney (usually all) to confirm the diagnosis.

She had blood in her urine to begin with, which is why she had to get the ultrasound.. :/

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 09-02-2005 12:52:57 AM
I have cysts in one of my kidneys, and I've been through the "there's blood in my pee OMG I'm gonna die" freak out before learning what was causing it.

Kidney cancer is a possibility, but it's not the only possibility. There's a better chance the mass isn't cancerous nor likely to become such. If it's small, they'll probably leave it alone and monitor it, though if it's growing they might take out all or part of the kidney to be sure it's not cancerous.

Not knowing sucks, but at this point I'd suggest staying positive. Even if she looses it, she'll get by just fine with one kidney.

Sarudani Miolnir fucked around with this message on 09-02-2005 at 12:53 AM.

Ares
posted 09-02-2005 12:57:20 AM
quote:
Sarudani Miolnir stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I have cysts in one of my kidneys, and I've been through the "there's blood in my pee OMG I'm gonna die" freak out before learning what was causing it.

Kidney cancer is a possibility, but it's not the only possibility. There's a better chance the mass isn't cancerous nor likely to become such. If it's small, they'll probably leave it alone and monitor it, though if it's growing they might take out all or part of the kidney to be sure it's not cancerous.

Not knowing sucks, but at this point I'd suggest staying positive. Even if she looses it, she'll get by just fine with one kidney.

Cysts on kidneys do not show up on ultrasounds as solid masses. I was hoping that too.. Then I was hoping for a benign tumour, but apparently those are uncommon on kidneys.

I hope it's not cancer...But yeah. :/ They didn't come out and say it was a tumour, but our friend who's an RN said that when they say "solid mass" that's what it means.

If it is cancer, I just hope that it was caught soon enough.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-02-2005 01:10:33 AM
quote:
En Garde, Monsieur Ares! Them's Fightin words:
Cysts on kidneys do not show up on ultrasounds as solid masses. I was hoping that too.. Then I was hoping for a benign tumour, but apparently those are uncommon on kidneys.

I hope it's not cancer...But yeah. :/ They didn't come out and say it was a tumour, but our friend who's an RN said that when they say "solid mass" that's what it means.

If it is cancer, I just hope that it was caught soon enough.

I hope so too

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-02-2005 02:05:24 AM
Kidney cancer, while very serious, is not a death sentence. If it's advanced enough and doesn't respond to chemo and radiation therapy (assuming that it is cancer and those are necessary), it is possible to successfully remove a kidney and lead a normal life. I have now for 22 years.

Be concerned, of course, but don't worry overly much. At least not until you're sure you have something to worry a lot over. Don't need you getting sick from stress, after all.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: