EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Can you dig it?
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-29-2005 11:50:44 PM
Can you dig it?

CAN...YOU...DIG...IT?

Haven't seen the movie in a while, but if they manage to capture the feel of the film, this'll be quite awesomesauce.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Demos
Pancake
posted 08-29-2005 11:59:54 PM
Oh...my...god...

Thats a classic for my fraternity

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-30-2005 01:00:48 AM
Clinton and Lieberman are pre-empting this game since they "won" against San Andreas.

It'll be crap because those two are out for Rockstar's blood.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 08-30-2005 01:19:08 AM
By today's standards, "The Warriors" is pretty tame stuff. You could probably show it on the ABC FAmily Channel. Not to mention, the game's out in a couple of months and the latest blow up over GTA was fairly recent. Makes me think most of the heavy design work/adding of content is already done. I'm sure the game will be rated M, and barring someone finding more XXX stuff hidden away, it won't get more than the usual amount of shit games like that get.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Sean
posted 08-30-2005 01:33:52 AM
Is this the one based off that novel about the street gangs, some dead kid, and like hiding in a church or something? Greasers and whoever the preppy neo-nazi whoevers were.

It's been at least ten years since I read that one

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-30-2005 01:34:10 AM
Yes, but the two assholes mentioned above are trying to pressure Rockstar into cancelling the game since they say it will just cause people to bully others in real life, or some equally ridiculous crap like that.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Jargum
Doughnut
posted 08-30-2005 01:46:17 AM
quote:
So quoth Sean:
Is this the one based off that novel about the street gangs, some dead kid, and like hiding in a church or something? Greasers and whoever the preppy neo-nazi whoevers were.

It's been at least ten years since I read that one

Nope, you're thinking of 'The Outsiders'. Had to read that thing like four separate times through the course of my English classes. The two sides were the Greasers and the Socs.

Sean
posted 08-30-2005 01:50:21 AM
Oh, wait. The Warriors was the movie with like fourty different weirdass - and yet fashionably conscious - gangs all chasing after some smaller one.

..I haven't seen that movie in just about as long, either.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-30-2005 01:52:34 AM
The Outsiders game by Rockstar...that would rock.
Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 08-30-2005 01:57:50 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mr. Gainsborough:
The Outsiders game by Rockstar...that would rock.

Let's do it for Johnny.
We gotta do it. For Johnny.

Lokii
Pancake
posted 08-30-2005 08:54:11 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Father McKenzie wrote:
Let's do it for Johnny.

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-30-2005 10:07:59 PM
quote:
Father McKenzie startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Let's do it for Johnny.

Thanks.

Now "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" is running through my head.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Talonus
Loner
posted 08-30-2005 10:16:02 PM
Warriors come out to play-ay!

I can't wait for this game. Great movie, and I'm kind of surprised nobody has ever done a game on it before. The idea behind the movie works perfectly for a video game.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 08-31-2005 12:21:39 AM
quote:
How.... Talonus.... uughhhhhh:
Warriors come out to play-ay!

I can't wait for this game. Great movie, and I'm kind of surprised nobody has ever done a game on it before. The idea behind the movie works perfectly for a video game.

I could immagine it streets of rage(1) style.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: