EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Brothers Grimm
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-29-2005 01:26:58 AM
This movie was hilariously bad. I'm not even gonna write a review. Don't go see it. Try not to pay to rent it. The only really good parts about it were this one French commander who's accent changed at various points in the movie and the same commander kicking an adorable little kitten into a huge meat shredder and seeing it chopped up instantly. That was GREATLY UNEXPECTED. But amazing.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-29-2005 01:43:39 AM
I'm so glad I never listen to people who think they can give verdicts on what movies are "good" and "bad" to different people.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 08-29-2005 01:55:20 AM
Agreed. The movie just fell on it's face.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-29-2005 02:14:12 AM
I guess Terry Gilliam should stick to movies about vikings and/or time-travelling midgets.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-29-2005 02:30:56 AM
Too bad. It looked pretty cool.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-29-2005 02:33:52 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Duck Tales:
Too bad. It looked pretty cool.

Which is why I'll eventually see it. I tend to like movies that many people don't.

Plus, when Albertson's rents out new releases for $.99, it's hard not to be worth at least a dollar.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-29-2005 02:48:18 AM
quote:
Densetsu stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I'm so glad I never listen to people who think they can give verdicts on what movies are "good" and "bad" to different people.

Not my problem if you waste your money on it. Go you!

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-29-2005 03:12:14 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Pirotess:
Not my problem if you waste your money on it. Go you!

No offense Gains, but your definition of "nasty" foods are foods that simply aren't healthy, regardless of taste. (see your BK food review)

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-29-2005 03:13:39 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Densetsu:

Hmm... this is definitely a true statement, but do you think you could phrase it less like an elitist asshole and more like a human being?

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-29-2005 03:16:51 AM
quote:
Snugglits had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Hmm... this is definitely a true statement, but do you think you could phrase it less like an elitist asshole and more like a human being?

I guess it was kinda harsh, huh? D:

Sorry Gains!

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-29-2005 10:31:24 AM
I was going to see it until the trailers began to include that god damn, "THE FINAL BATTLE GOOD AND EVIL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN," cliche.

And by the by, there's a big difference between whether or not you like a movie and whether or not it's actually a good movie

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-29-2005 10:52:09 AM
I'm sure what my opinion's worth, but let me say that I was sorely disappointed in this movie.

I was hoping for something with a Sleepy Hollow type of feel and I got something that felt more like Jim Henson's The Storyteller without the Muppets. It had so much promise and it just wound up trying to be this almost campy comedy show where they tried to shove in so many fairy tale references that it came out almost pointless.

When I was watching Matt Damon run around in that armor, I kept expecting Ben Affleck to be flying overhead and dropping people, or for Jay and Silent Bob to step out at any minute. Honestly, this was about how campy the movie felt to me.

The only saving grace was the entertainment provided by Peter Stormare as Cavaldi, whose accent changed, Gains, because he was an Italian pretending to be French. He also played Satan in Constantine, another movie that greatly benefited from having him around.

I'd say a bit more, but I'd hate to spoil it for people that might be interested in seeing it. I won't be adding this one to my "DVDs to Buy" list, sadly.

Ares
posted 08-29-2005 10:54:22 AM
The trailer made it look good. Thanks for the input everyone.. I think I'll save me $10 for another movie.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-29-2005 01:41:45 PM
quote:
Bajah spewed forth this undeniable truth:
The only saving grace was the entertainment provided by Peter Stormare as Cavaldi, whose accent changed, Gains, because he was an Italian pretending to be French.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-29-2005 01:50:31 PM
quote:
This is what Mr. Gainsborough is doing. This is what I want Mr. Gainsborough to do :

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-29-2005 05:26:45 PM
I just saw this movie too last night and although I got quite a few good laughs (magic beans LOL!)however the dialogue just didn't seemed very well paced and the transition from scene to scene felt very rushed. It's good for a laugh here and there but I dunno, I wouldn't recomend seeing it in theatres, but a definite rent.

edit: Cavaldi's accent was SO thick at some points I kept saying "what did he just say?" but still a pretty funny character

Lechium fucked around with this message on 08-29-2005 at 05:28 PM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-29-2005 10:15:25 PM
Bajah...reading your comments on "Brothers Grimm" made me realize something about another movie I'd seen:

The guy who played Satan was the only good thing about that movie.

And yet it was nowhere near as bad as Alexander or Catwoman.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-30-2005 11:58:55 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought about the meaning of life:
Catwoman.

Oh my god that movie was bad, I watched it for the sole purpose of seeing how bad and it sure delivered

What was the big, final line near the end of the finale fight?
"Game over"
"Now it is overtime!"
or something like that?

*shudder*

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-30-2005 04:07:00 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Knight Rider:
Oh my god that movie was bad, I watched it for the sole purpose of seeing how bad and it sure delivered

What was the big, final line near the end of the finale fight?
"Game over"
"Now it is overtime!"
or something like that?

*shudder*

Lyinar made me watch that and Elektra all in one go.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-30-2005 04:20:35 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Captain Planet:

You poor poor dear...

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Malbi
posted 08-30-2005 04:28:59 PM
Quietly waits for Man with the Screaming Brain

Malbi fucked around with this message on 08-30-2005 at 04:29 PM.

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-30-2005 04:51:05 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's fortune cookie read:

Elektra made my eyes bleed. I still haven't seen Catwoman yet. Maybe one day when I am feeling masochistic.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-30-2005 04:54:11 PM
The best thing about the Brothers Grimm commerical was when Matt Damon screamed "THE BROTHERS GRIMM DO NOT FEAR YOU!" which I quickly began to repeat to everyone and shall continue to do so >:[
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-30-2005 10:28:48 PM
quote:
This one time, at Nae camp:
Elektra made my eyes bleed. I still haven't seen Catwoman yet. Maybe one day when I am feeling masochistic.

Bladed dildo type masochism. It hurt. A lot. Really.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-30-2005 10:31:40 PM
So is this movie Evil Dead bad, or The Cell bad? 'Cause one of them can still be fun.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-30-2005 10:40:46 PM
It's bad like the Cell. You get to see Halle Berry in skimpy leather. Most of the time she's in action, though, she's badly computer-animated. Looks worse than the sort of "realistic" AMV's you see on a PS2.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-30-2005 10:42:12 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael squealed:
It's bad like the Cell. You get to see Halle Berry in skimpy leather. Most of the time she's in action, though, she's badly computer-animated. Looks worse than the sort of "realistic" AMV's you see on a PS2.

Roger. I'm out.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-31-2005 01:22:15 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael painfully thought these words up:

Hey I was subjected to it, too.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-31-2005 01:24:30 AM
At least Catwoman was better than Elektra. For whatever that's worth.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-31-2005 01:27:41 AM
True. The wire fu in Elektra just got annoying as all hell.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-31-2005 01:32:27 AM
Elektra was simply boring. At least Catwoman had leather and whips.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-31-2005 11:15:11 AM
Yeah but it had Halle Berry trying to deliver one-liners.

It was like an hour and a half of her Storm performance.

"Do you know what happens when a Toad is hit with a bolt of lightning?"

"Over time!"

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 09-01-2005 12:28:18 AM
Saw it at the drive in with Wedding Crashers

Definately a lot of WTF moments, twisted, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Pure entertainment.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-04-2005 02:42:38 AM
I just saw it finally and I really liked it. But then I'm a fairy tale buff. I knew those stories, too

Definitely buying that one.

UBT
Pancake
posted 09-04-2005 05:59:38 AM
You should try watching Blade Trinity and then watch Electra immediatly afterwards. I lost almost 3000 IQ points for being stupid enough to 1) pick them out to watch, 2) Watch them both back to back, and 3) forcing Josh and Nae to watch them with me. It is quite possibly the epitome of stupidity in my life.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 09-04-2005 12:07:22 PM
quote:
UBT got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
You should try watching Blade Trinity and then watch Electra immediatly afterwards. I lost almost 3000 IQ points for being stupid enough to 1) pick them out to watch, 2) Watch them both back to back, and 3) forcing Josh and Nae to watch them with me. It is quite possibly the epitome of stupidity in my life.

Ouch. The Blade Trilogy apparently suffered from the same problem the Matrix had: 80's sequels. Specifically, every successive sequel got more and more sucky as time went on.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: