EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Curse you, Nintendogs!
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-28-2005 10:45:35 PM
Why'd they have to put the pug and the schnauzer on seperate cartridges? My game buying decision regarding this game came down to a coin toss... and the schnauzer won.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-28-2005 11:43:04 PM
Which game has the Schnauzer? On... I think it's Chihuahua, the Pug is unlocked at 2,000 trainer points.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-28-2005 11:46:01 PM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Which game has the Schnauzer? On... I think it's Chihuahua, the Pug is unlocked at 2,000 trainer points.

Pug is 35,000 on Chihuahua

Suddar
posted 08-28-2005 11:47:40 PM
So is this game actually fun? I really haven't heard much about it but it looks cute.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-28-2005 11:48:40 PM
quote:
Suddar had this to say about the Spice Girls:
So is this game actually fun? I really haven't heard much about it but it looks cute.

Yup, it is. Horribly addictive, too.

Steven Steve
posted 08-28-2005 11:51:27 PM
Do they ever actually grow into adults or do they all have hypopituitarism?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-28-2005 11:53:30 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Fazum'Zen Fastfist said:
they all have hypopituitarism?
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-29-2005 12:32:47 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr was naked while typing this:
Pug is 35,000 on Chihuahua

Damn, I hate being mistaken like that. It's on Lab, then.

And yes, the game is horribly fun and addictive. I've just got Sakkra hooked on it an hour ago.

Dave
)_(
posted 08-29-2005 01:41:18 AM
If you log 2 to 4 years of played time they grow into full sized!

I want to pick up this game when I have cash, I just wonder if a cat is hidden in there someplace.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-29-2005 02:09:21 AM
Okay, from what I have seen it looks like a giant complicated tomigachi from like 10 years ago.

What's the deal with it that makes it so interesting?

Lokii
Pancake
posted 08-29-2005 02:09:34 AM
I'm just sad that one of my favorite breeds is one of the hardest to get. You have to find a random book on a walk in order to get a Jack Russel... I haven't even seen screenshots of it.

And some of the trainer points requirements to unlock other breeds are pretty outrageous. :/ Luckily, you can get husky with 4000 on the Chihuaha version.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-29-2005 02:14:40 AM
quote:
Fizodeth had this to say about Captain Planet:
Okay, from what I have seen it looks like a giant complicated tomigachi from like 10 years ago.

Voice commands, contests, walks, and playing with your dog (Be it via tennis ball, ? block, or Frisbee for disc competition practice) and having him/her completely obliterate the competition at the obedience trials due to the half hour you spent beforehand practicing Beg, spin and roll over in quick succession!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-29-2005 03:36:19 AM
As an aside, I've managed to learn how to get my dog to dance! After you learn a whole bunch of commands like the basics (Sit, lie down, roll over, maybe jump) you can make him stand up on his hind legs by putting your cursor over his chest and moving it up and diagonally a bit.. that's beg. Once you've got that down to a SCIENCE (takes a while, omg!) once he's in his begging pose, you can take one of his paws and move it up to steady him, then teach him to dance.

I can't wait to see how much it'll impress the judges at tomorrow's free competition. So cute!

Sean
posted 08-29-2005 03:38:03 AM
Nintendogs ordered.

I got Lab, I think. Whichever has Jack Russels and Corgies. Free two-day shipping, will arrive Tuesday/Wednesday.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Delphi Aegis
posted 08-29-2005 03:41:29 AM
quote:
Sean obviously shouldn't have said:
Nintendogs ordered.

I got Lab, I think. Whichever has Jack Russels and Corgies. Free two-day shipping, will arrive Tuesday/Wednesday.

Lab version has Corgis, but jack russels are an unlockable after you go on a loooooot of walks in all versions. I think.

It will consume your soul, Sean!

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-29-2005 03:42:30 AM
I'm glad I don't have a DS. Otherwise this might be a waste of money for me.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Skaw
posted 08-29-2005 03:46:03 AM
Someone compile a list of which dogs are in which version.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-29-2005 05:49:44 PM
got myself a miniature schnauzer. named him "Klaus". Really cute puppy, especially with the beard and eyebrows
Delphi Aegis
posted 08-29-2005 06:02:33 PM
Only complaint I have about this game is the limitations of the voice recognition technology. You can't just have it as "Sit" "Shake" or other similar one-syllable comands.. you have to give them three (sometimes four) with the same tone and inflection each time. My dog was having HORRENDOUS trouble with "Beg", just because it was a difficult trick, and I wasn't saying it exactly right each time; I had to change it to Stand up. Same with Lay down, had to change that to "on your belly!".

I almost don't look forward to buying another dog due to all the training and walking time I've put in with this guy, heh.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-29-2005 06:50:36 PM
Anyone know if there's gonna be a St. Bernard in any versions that might eventually come out? (Because I know Nintendo is gonna whore out totally on this game. I feel it in my bones. )
Kennatsu
posted 08-29-2005 07:05:37 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis painfully thought these words up:
Only complaint I have about this game is the limitations of the voice recognition technology. You can't just have it as "Sit" "Shake" or other similar one-syllable comands.. you have to give them three (sometimes four) with the same tone and inflection each time.

That, unfortunately is true. At first I had a hard time getting Klaus to respond to his name.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-30-2005 12:32:54 AM
Not recognizing one-syllable-only commands in Japanese wouldn't be an issue at all, so possibly that may be part of what is going on.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Steven Steve
posted 08-30-2005 12:59:33 AM
quote:
Fizodeth Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Actually, it looks precisely like Dogz (the screen saver/pet sim program) to me.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-30-2005 01:28:49 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist was naked while typing this:
Actually, it looks precisely like Dogz (the screen saver/pet sim program) to me.

That was my opinion as well.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Sean
posted 08-30-2005 01:35:19 AM
You guys have something against that? Dogz and Oddballz ruled. Catz kinda sucked.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-30-2005 01:37:17 AM
I don't have a problem with it. I loved Dogz.
Sean
posted 08-30-2005 01:43:09 AM
And speaking of all this, Oddballz is on HotU now.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-30-2005 02:02:33 AM
Making really odd hybrids was the best part of Dogz, hands down.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: