EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What are you taking this semester?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-25-2005 12:41:32 AM
My financial aid problems were finally solved after I had to appeal the denial of it. So I was able to sign up for school. Officially, it started today, but that's the one day I don't have class. So without further ado, my schedule!

Monday: Essentials of Criminal Justice 5:45pm-8:25pm
Tuesday: Calculus for Tech 2 5:45pm-7:00pm
Wednesday: Wait for Deth to get out
Thursday: Calculus for Tech 2 5:45pm-7:00pm
Friday: Psychology as a Social Science 6:00pm-7:15pm

(yes I have a Friday class )

Saturday: Anthropolgy 9:00am-11:40am

Deth has 4 classes too and he only goes to TWO of them a week, Tuesday and Wednesday. The little stinker has the other two online. Boo, Deth!

So what are the rest of you taking?

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 12:42 AM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gadani
U
posted 08-25-2005 12:43:42 AM
1st: English 3 Advanced
2nd: Latin I
3rd: Health (retarded)
4th: Chemistry
5th: AP American History
6th: Geometry
7th: French IV

[edit]
I have all classes on Monday.
I have 1, 3, 5, and 7 on Tuesday and Thursday.
I have 2, 4, 5, and 6 on Wednesday and Friday.

Gadani fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 12:44 AM.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 12:45:18 AM
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: World Literature, American Literature (FUCK YEAH! ), and Intro to Theatre which I may drop if required to get on stage often*

Tuesday and Thursday: American History (FUCK YEAH!), Intro to Philosophy.

*EDIT: There is another drama course called simply Acting which I presumed would focus on, y'know, acting or whatever, while Intro to Theatre would be a broad study of the medium which would require little if any acting ability.

I get stagefright

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 12:49 AM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-25-2005 12:47:15 AM
GEOG102World Regional Geography
MUS101Exploration of Music Literature
ASTR101Descriptive Astronomy
MATH127Math for General Education

I took Geog because the teacher is awesome and it knocks off some sort of credit. Humanities iirc. Music Lit for fine arts, Math for the credit.

Astronomy is great. It's in the Planetarium at our school, so it's like going to StarLab every day. I love it in there. It's so cozy what with the leanback chairs.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-25-2005 12:47:34 AM
Prob & Stat
Lin Alg
Electronic Devices
Computer Architecture

Nice light load.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-25-2005 12:48:02 AM
Intro to Philosophy
History of Pre-Modern East Asia
Journalism II
Gender and Religion in Communication
Malkav
C'mon, fear the fangs... plz
posted 08-25-2005 12:48:18 AM
I'm tanking a Web Server Maintenance and Security Certificate program from the local free schooling in San Diego, problem is it runs from 7:30-12:30 Monday to Friday from September to June.
Silently, the unnamed Senshi drew a small jewel-hilted athame from some form of pocket-space, and lightly ran it across the back of her left hand. Good, she wasn't one of those fools that slashed their palm open whenever one of the various reasons to use blood arose. I did the same with my own vorpal-bladed athame. It was a much plainer affair than my counterpart's, but I bet hers couldn't call up a higher-level demon just by carving a smiley face in the ground.
-Ranma in Can it get any worse by Dark Phoenix
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-25-2005 12:49:23 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: World Literature, American Literature (FUCK YEAH! ), and Intro to Theatre which I may drop if required to get on stage often

Tuesday and Thursday: American History (FUCK YEAH!), Intro to Philosophy (again ).

Philosophy's tough stuff. I had a philosophy class that started with like 25 people, but within just a couple of weeks there were only 5 of us left. Was one of the harder classes I've had, just because philosophy is such difficult reading. Especially post-structural philosophy, which was this class' focus.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-25-2005 12:52:15 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Bloodsage wrote:
Philosophy's tough stuff. I had a philosophy class that started with like 25 people, but within just a couple of weeks there were only 5 of us left. Was one of the harder classes I've had, just because philosophy is such difficult reading. Especially post-structural philosophy, which was this class' focus.

Yea, no shit. I tried to read Locks 'An Essay on Human Understanding.' It was very interesting. But it numbed the mind. Especially when you don't have anyone to discuss it with to try and make easier since of it.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 12:55:03 AM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

I took the course at another school and really enjoyed it, but failed because I rarely went to class in the latter half of the semester, preferring to spend my days in the campus arcade. I bombed everything that semester (but on the plus side, I got pretty god damn good at Tekken).

Now that I've come to appreciate the benefit of higher education (tuition, not so much), that won't be a problem.

Besides, there isn't a single arcade anywhere in this godforsaken town.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-25-2005 12:55:19 AM
3 classes at a shitty community college while living at home

This semester is going to be horrible

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-25-2005 01:00:02 AM
Art III
Advanced Painting
Free Period
French
Anatomy & Physiology

then next semester i have...

environmental sciences
French
Free Period
Financial Literacy
Science Fiction

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-25-2005 01:03:37 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Gainsborough wrote:

I took Geog because the teacher is awesome and it knocks off some sort of credit. Humanities iirc.

Yeah for my major Anthropology, Psychology and History of Western Civilization II fulfill my Humanities requirements. Only reason I'm taking Anth. And all majors require either Psych (the majority) or Sociology.

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 01:04 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-25-2005 01:05:13 AM
Monday Wednesday
-9:30am-10:45am Math 120 Math for General Education
-11:00-11:50 Engl 120 College Composition (I think, can't remember the title)
-12:30-1:45 Mus 115 History of Rock Music

Tuesday Thursday
-9:30am-10:50am ES 185b Intermediate Fencing

Friday
-11:00-11:50 Engl 120

Great fun.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-25-2005 01:06:36 AM
Boo for Friday classes

And Boo Deth! Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-25-2005 01:07:54 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael was listening to Cher while typing:
Boo for Friday classes

And Boo Deth! Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It was the only way I could get that particular time slot of that class without having to concurrently enroll in a communications class. I hate Public Speaking...

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-25-2005 01:11:36 AM
yeah booo

boo high school

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-25-2005 01:13:01 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Kuroi Madoushi gently hums:
It was the only way I could get that particular time slot of that class without having to concurrently enroll in a communications class. I hate Public Speaking...

Even if you hate it, I highly recommend learning the skill. Almost no matter what you end up doing for a living, the ability to speak in front of others will be priceless. Work on both reading and impromptu skills; they'll both come in handy.

I say this not only as somebody who's spoken in front of large audiences, but as a former speech-writer.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-25-2005 01:15:02 AM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Duck Tales:
Even if you hate it, I highly recommend learning the skill. Almost no matter what you end up doing for a living, the ability to speak in front of others will be priceless. Work on both reading and impromptu skills; they'll both come in handy.

I say this not only as somebody who's spoken in front of large audiences, but as a former speech-writer.

I know it's a good idea but I get the worst kind of stage fright and I'm delaying doing it as long as possible.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-25-2005 01:16:11 AM
Microbial Function & Immunology
Human Development & Genetics
Cellular Metabolism
Environmental Health
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 08-25-2005 01:18:02 AM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi obviously shouldn't have said:
I know it's a good idea but I get the worst kind of stage fright and I'm delaying doing it as long as possible.

Best way to get over stage fright is to practice. Know exactly what you need to do and it becomes much easier.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-25-2005 01:28:31 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Naimah said:
Best way to get over stage fright is to practice. Know exactly what you need to do and it becomes much easier.

The sad part is I used to be an avid drama geek.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-25-2005 01:34:12 AM
I already got my Intro to Public Speaking out of the way. It's required for all majors.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-25-2005 01:53:12 AM
I'm taking Diff Eq with Mathematica, even though I scraped by in Diff Eq last semester. My department wanted me to take it again, so I figured at least mathematica will cut out the work that made me put the class off in the first place.

Also, Discrete Math, Computer Engineering II, Japanese I (probably going to proficiency out), and Phys - E&M.

My timing works out like this.

M: 12-1, 2-4, 5-7
T: 10:30-2:15
W: 12-1, 2-4
R: 10:30-2:15, 3-4:50
F: 12-1, 2-4

If I can get rid of Japanese I that'll clear 12-1 for all 5 days.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 01:57:47 AM
Year 4, Semester 1

Monday & Wednesday

Songwriting - 1:00-2:20
Composition Seminar - 2:30-3:50
Cross Discipline: New Performance Workshop - 4:30-5:50

Tuesday & Thursday

Career Development - 2:30-3:50
Video Techniques - 4:30-5:50
Psychology - 6:00-7:20

Fun!

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 08-25-2005 02:03:07 AM
Leadership practicum I
Informal Logic
Contemporary Human Problems
Survey of Graphic Communications
3-D Animation 1
Computer Art 1
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-25-2005 02:13:15 AM
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 08-25-2005 02:17:39 AM
Japanese 1A: MTWThF 08:30 - 09:20
Math for General Education: MWF 10:30 - 11:20
Intro to Creative Writing: MW 12:00 - 13:15
Introduction to Human Evolution: TTh 10:30 - 11:45

Japanese has every goddamn stereotype of otaku bastards I've heard of.

One guy doesn't even fit in his chair.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-25-2005 02:21:16 AM
Tuesday is T, Thursday is R, I think you can figure out the rest.

CPE 357 - Systems Programming - MWF 12-1, 2-3 (yes, the class has an hour break in the middle)
ENGL 251 - Great Books I: Intro to Classical Lit - TR 6:00 - 8:00
PHYS 133 - General Physics (E & M) - MWF 1:00 - 2:00
Lab - W, 3-6 or 6-9, I forget which I signed up for and can't check right now. =|
I *want* to get CPE 315 - Comp. Architecture on TR 3-6, but I might end up in a bullshit Philosophy class instead. I'll probably get 315, though, as I help the professor with his business on the side. =]

Can you tell I like to sleep in?

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 02:35:52 AM
Business Statistics
Business Ethics
Aerodynamics
Human Factors in Aviation.

one more semester to go!

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-25-2005 02:46:05 AM
1. A.P. Psychology
2. Chemistry
3. U.S. History
4. French III
5. Algebra II
6. English

Yay for highschool.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-25-2005 02:57:16 AM
Italian 102
Art 111 Ren. to Modern
Math 116 Stats

Except for the Italian it's fluff, but i didn't go into this semester expecting Calc 3, Linear Algebra, and Mechanics to be taught in Florence.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-25-2005 05:43:40 AM
1. AP Calculus (AB)
2. AP English Lit. & Comp.
3. Leadership II
4. German 4 (AP)
5. Journalism, Creative Writing
6. Government, empty

Going in tomorrow to switch some stuff around. Gonna try to get AP Physics, and get rid of my empty slot. Executive Council screwed me out of AP US History; not happy about that. Sadly I signed a contract forcing me to take Exec. so there's not much to do about it. Oh well, I'll still have a fun Senior year.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 08:51:26 AM
Biblical Archaeology MWF 12:45-1:50
Greek - New Testament Grammar/Readings MWF 2:00-3:05
Old Testament Faith/History MWF 10:15-11:20
Principles of Astronomy MWF 9-10:05 (Lab T 1-2:50)
Phys Ed. TTh 8:45-9:35 (This school requires 1 semester of 0-credit phys ed., I wouldn't be wasting my time on it otherwise)

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-25-2005 09:39:19 AM
I'm taking home two paychecks a month.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-25-2005 11:04:25 AM
quote:
Kermitov stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Business Statistics
Business Ethics
Aerodynamics
Human Factors in Aviation.

one more semester to go!

And then you graduate?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 08-25-2005 11:06:43 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm taking home two paychecks a month.

I work full time, too

Go to work, get off at 5, run to school, go home, do homework, eat, collapse

But it'll all be worth it when I'm a forensic scientist.

I hope

Lokii
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 04:41:37 PM
Hrm. Full schedule my senior year!

AP Psychology
AP English
AP European history
Intro to foods (XD)
Statistics
Sociology
Gym (go go Illinois state law. -_-)

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 08-25-2005 04:43:39 PM
MW:Trig, Gym, Programming Fundamentals 1 AKA Java
Tues, Thurs:Calculus

And 30 hours of work every week!

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-25-2005 04:46:18 PM
Wait, you're taking Trig and Calculus at the same time? How does that work exactly?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: