EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tattoos.. what would you get?
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 11:44:35 AM
If you were to get a tattoo, what would you get? Why? If you already have one, let's see it!

If you don't want a tattoo, I don't really care.

This is about hypotheticals. Or, maybe not so hypothetical. I don't want the thread to turn into one of those "omgz you suck because you like something radical" threads. I don't think tats are that radical nowadays anyway.

I do feel that tattoos are something that shouldn't be done on a whim however. They can be a beautiful way to express yourself, using your skin as a canvas for art.

I am getting one in a few weeks. It is going to be of Ganesh, the elephant headed Hindu god. One reason is because I love elephants, the other is because I love Ganesh artwork, and I respect the Hindu religion. The story behind Ganesh is fascinating to me, plus he is their luck god and I could always use more of that.

Mine will look something like this:

UBT recently got a tat too. This is his:

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-24-2005 11:49:26 AM
If you got that tattoo it'll look like a scrotum when you get old and wrinkly.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 11:50:29 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about John Romero:
If you got that tattoo it'll look like a scrotum when you get old and wrinkly.

Cool, maybe I can get some retirement home action.

Steven Steve
posted 08-24-2005 11:56:21 AM
I would get one of a brain on my scalp.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 11:58:15 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I would get one of a brain on my scalp.

I can see you doing that too.

I have seen tats where they made it look like the skin was peeled back and you can see muscles and ribs. Or the entire backbone. As detailed as they were, they were pretty icky.

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 12:04:06 PM
Bicep.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 12:08:59 PM
What is that Sean? I assume it's from a game? It sorta looks like a Star Trek insignia.
Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 12:15:34 PM

I want to get a tatto much like with the word Diabetic on either the inside of my arm near the wrist or right under the shirtline on my chest.

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 12:16:59 PM
quote:
Nae don't surf!
I assume it's from a game? It sorta looks like a Star Trek insignia.

Yes. No.

Logo for one of the armies in Total Annihilation.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 12:28:59 PM
Mike, that is a great idea. I need to get one of those bracelets, I keep forgetting to. I need to get one for Josh too.

Sean, that's cool!

My Ganesh tat is going to be on the upper middle of my back. About the size of my hand.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 12:37:32 PM

That, all across my back and stretching all the way down. Getting it as soon as I can afford to, which will probably be a while.

Vallo fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 12:38 PM.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 12:38:41 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Vallo was all like:

That, all across my back and stretching all the way down. Getting it as soon as I can afford to, which will probably be a while.

sexay red x!

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-24-2005 12:43:31 PM
quote:
Sean says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
Bicep.

You're not getting the Arm emblem on your arm? Shouldn't the Core logo go on your torso?

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 12:46:28 PM
Torso would be big and expensive, and it's only a pipe dream.

And I will not stand for you ARM scum.

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 12:46:33 PM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about Tron:

Wow awesome design, you'll have a bitching set of wings.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-24-2005 12:50:26 PM
I see it now! That's pretty awesome!
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 08-24-2005 01:23:26 PM
I'm very big on symmetry. I have a circular flower design on my right hip; I want something sort of opposite that on the left, but I can't for the life of me figure out what; I'm thinking a bladed moon draped with chains, 'riveted' to the skin. I'd like to put something on my back or the back of my neck, too, but damn if I know what they're going to be. If you can't already tell, I like to design my bodypictures .

I also want a tiny, tiny ghost on my left palm, and a Heartless symbol on my right. As said, symmetry, and those are both neat things I either made or saw and can't figure out where else they would go.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-24-2005 02:02:43 PM
I would be really tempted to get a tattoo on one of my arms, right most likely, of whatever visual diagram one would use for a chemical, specifically the chemical Pinoline. Pinoline is the chemical basis for dreams and as anyone who has read a thread on here even vaguely about dreaming most likely knows, I am big on it, reallll big

You know, like those 'stick and ball' diagrams you see in chemistry textbooks for things like Oxygen and whatnot

Figure there has to be something similar for more complex chemicals, has to!

I would want that, heh.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-24-2005 02:08:33 PM
I saw two I wanted in Austin.

One was a demon with a featureless body, no arms or legs, two horns coming up and back over his head, with an expression of shock facing to the right. I want this on my back on my left shoulder.

Another was an angel sort of kneeling with a forlorn expression facing to the left, and I want that on my back on my right shoulder.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-24-2005 02:10:21 PM
A VESPR diagram?!? That would look cool if it was done with proper depth and all.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 02:25:37 PM
Vorago, that'd be pretty sweet!

Also, my friend that drew the one I'm getting takes design requests on tattoos and stuff. That can be really helpful, because in my experiences having exactly what you want in mind makes things alot easier on both you and the artist. In fact, alot of people I know that went in with what they want got price breaks and stuff and it usually took a bit less time (Which for big work is also a price break, cus bigger stuff is usually charged for hourly.)

Anyone interested can check out some of her other art here or email her at suikodeneternal@aol.com

/advertising off

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-24-2005 02:36:37 PM
quote:
Liam attempted to be funny by writing:
A VESPR diagram?!? That would look cool if it was done with proper depth and all.

Yeah, VSEPR was what I was thinking of... my googles skills failed me while trying to figure out what they were called, heh

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 08-24-2005 02:58:18 PM
I have this(the sun logo) on my inner left forearm, just below the elbow, and I plan to get this(Just the leaf and puck under it, not 'Canada') on my right inner forearm, exact same spot as my other.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 02:59 PM.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-24-2005 04:02:48 PM
Have one already. X) If I was to get another.. hmm..

Maybe a dreamcatcher design on the back of my hand.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 08-24-2005 06:40:35 PM
if I was to get a tattoo, it'd be in between my shoulders, with an irish flag and canadian maple leaves (leafs?) all around it, and the words "Proud to be" below it.

but I'm pain intolerant.

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 06:40 PM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-24-2005 06:42:00 PM
I have four. One I hate and want to be rid of, the other three are okay. I dunno if I'm gonna get more done or not
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-24-2005 08:07:39 PM
A triforce because I'm a ho. =/

I probably will never get a tattoo though.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-24-2005 10:33:57 PM
I have two:

The sun is at the base of my neck and the turtle is below it.

The turtle was my first tattoo and it needs touching up. The sun I absolutely love. And yes, it's purple around it (supposed to be blue sky, I opted for purple). I didn't realize I had a birthmark back there, tho. Heh.

I want to get one more. Tiny bear tracks going over my left foot. Bears are Chase's totem animal, so I want something small to do with him.

Edit: Oh yeah.. excuse the crappy pics. It's hard to take pictures of one's back with a webcam. :/

Jajahotep fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 10:36 PM.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 08-25-2005 03:12:16 AM
I'd want a pair of harlequin masks on my upper chest... Just something to symbolize that I was outgoing and fun.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Maradon!
posted 08-25-2005 03:29:32 AM
I want to get a full body tatoo of myself, only three inches taller.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 03:34:25 AM
A guy over at one of the local alternator/starter repair shops has a couple of eyes tattooed just above his damned "working man's cleavage" (AKA Plumber's Crack)

It scares the hell outta me.

And as I don't like needles all that much, I doubt I'd ever get a tattoo. If I did it would probably be a Shamrock for my Irish heritage or the family coat of arms.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 08-25-2005 03:56:09 AM
Right arm: Ace card, but with a maltese cross insted of the normal suit. Left arm: King of Hearts.
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 08-25-2005 05:54:27 AM
Once I actually get some goddamn money to do it...

Don't make fun of me if you know where it's from. I really love the image.

leckzilla! fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 05:58 AM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-25-2005 08:23:45 AM
a panda. on my back. if I really wanted tattoos, that is.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-25-2005 11:21:16 AM
i wanna get a bunch

i want to get a tribal sort of design in all black on the bottom of my back...
i want to get cherries about an inch down from my colar bone and i want to get the red sox socks logo on my shoulder blade

Lady Delirium fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 11:21 AM.

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-25-2005 11:39:38 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Jajahotep stammered:
I have two:

The sun is at the base of my neck and the turtle is below it.

The turtle was my first tattoo and it needs touching up. The sun I absolutely love. And yes, it's purple around it (supposed to be blue sky, I opted for purple). I didn't realize I had a birthmark back there, tho. Heh.

I want to get one more. Tiny bear tracks going over my left foot. Bears are Chase's totem animal, so I want something small to do with him.

I love those! I have been looking for a good sun image, or sun/moon image to go on my arm over a band. I am thinking of doing a Midgard serpent or Ouroboros as the band.

The turtle is cute, I was joking the other day and said that maybe I would get one of the Great A'Tuin.. he is the gigantic turtle that flies through space with 5 elephants on his back holding up the Discworld. Your turtle reminded me of it.

I the idea of the bear prints!

Leckie, I love that image too. It would be really simple to do too!

Caid, that sun you have rocks all kinds of socks. Seriously! I want to see a pic of your arm!

UBT
Pancake
posted 08-25-2005 11:47:57 AM
Nae's already shown you my first one. My second tattoo will be this on my right arm

My Third one will be this above the Valknot on my Left arm

and my fourth and fifth ones will be this band around my biceps
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-25-2005 12:53:50 PM
Great A'Tuin only carries four elephants. According to dwarven legend, the fifth flew off eons ago and slammed into the landscape, creating the fat mines that are the setting for "Fifth Elephant"
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-25-2005 01:30:18 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:
Great A'Tuin only carries four elephants. According to dwarven legend, the fifth flew off eons ago and slammed into the landscape, creating the fat mines that are the setting for "Fifth Elephant"

You are correct! I don't know why I said 5 elephants! When I described it to UBT the other day I even said 4.. weird!

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-25-2005 06:08:22 PM
i really do love that game

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: