EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Let's say you sign up for the Cannonball Run...
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-23-2005 06:20:09 PM
(Disclaimer- This is an entertainment thread. Entertain by being funny, informative, or both. DON'T attempt anything mentioned in this thread in real life unless it's something you're supposed to do; someone could get hurt, then/or the police will just laugh at you, then bust you. This has been a public service announcement.)

Oky. As you know the Cannonball Run is a race from one side of the United States to the other with the winner getting a huge wad of money as the prize. You enter this race, so...

1. What is your plan/cover to cross this great country of ours?
-I'd pose as a secret weapon scientist of some secret 3 letter U.S. agency.

2.Who would be your partner(s) if any?
-I'll go solo.

3. What vehicle would you use?
-An unmarked white Ford F-350.

4. What will you do if chased by the police?
-I'd slow down and come to a complete stop.

5. What will you do if stopped by the police?
-I'd explain that I'm transporting a powerful weapon to a secret location in California. I'd even show it to him, but explain that if I fire it large expanses of land would be devastated...

6. How would you deter your fellow racer... er... encourage your fellow racers to slow down and drive safely?
-I'd tell the police that they are enemy secret agents who want to capture both me and my weapon to use against us (hence why I was speeding).

Kennatsu fucked around with this message on 08-23-2005 at 06:22 PM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-23-2005 07:39:27 PM
I'd book flights at multiple airports, then use one AWAY from my destination to get there.. call all the enterprise rent a cars and what not to reserve multiple inconspicous cars..... get a decent one at random, then casully drive to the destination.
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 08-24-2005 04:29:02 AM
It'd be fun, but such a race couldn't happen anymore. Back in the seventies, you could bullshit you way out of going to jail. Nowadays they could quickly check out your story and then it's free ride in a police car time.

The only way I could see something similar to the Cannonball happening would be to run it in stages, with each stage set up like Nevada's Silver State Classic. But the logistics of getting each state on the route to participate would be an absolute nightmare.

Lastly, these days using the weapon thingy as a cover would likely get you a stay in Guantanamo Bay.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-24-2005 09:41:59 AM
1. What is your plan/cover to cross this great country of ours?
Two people, driving in shifts, stopping only for gas. And interstate travel only. Piss in bottles to be disposed of when we stop for gas.

2.Who would be your partner(s) if any?
Anyone who can obey the traffic laws.

3. What vehicle would you use?
Silver VW Golf Diesel. 5-speed, of course. 700 miles to a tank, and the fillups are brief.

4. What will you do if chased by the police?
Hopefully we won't be going that fast. But, if we are, just take the ticket and move on.

5. What will you do if stopped by the police?
comply and hope to get out of there decently quick.

6. How would you deter your fellow racer... er... encourage your fellow racers to slow down and drive safely?
By being as inconspicuous as possible. Let them grab all the attention with their sports cars and whatnot.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: