EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: His and Her Circumstances
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-22-2005 07:22:44 PM
Along with Meteos I managed to grab "His and Her Circumstances". Very interesting anime. Yukino is a main character here. On the surface she's nearly perfect. Good grades, good looks... She's admired by everyone. On the inside she's weird, though. She's selfish, manipulative... basically a lazy egomaniac.

Then Arima shows up. And soon he gets all the attention she was supposed to get. He's truly perfect. Handsome looks, great personality,intelligent, and very rich to boot. Of course to be the perfectionist that he is he's had to suppress his true self... His rich family thinks he's worthless so he's out to prove them wrong.

Their relationship will be rocky, but then again that's for our entertainment.

ProphetofDark
Pancake
posted 08-22-2005 11:26:09 PM
Starts off as a really good series, but the director got pissed at the production company in the middle of making it, so the latter half is almost unintelligible, ending in the middle of a plotline not even involving the main characters. The manga it's based off of doesn't suffer from that, though, so if you enjoyed the first episodes, I rather reccomend it. (Tokyopop does the translation, the final issue in Japan was just released last month, I belive)
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-22-2005 11:41:25 PM
Kare Kano. Prophet is crazy, this series rocks all the way through. Especially the manga episode near the end.

I have the first two OSTs if you want any song from them.

Dave
)_(
posted 08-22-2005 11:47:23 PM
It's very good. I like it alot.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-22-2005 11:49:32 PM
I want to note that even people who don't usually like Romantic Comedies that I have shown this to have gotten almost instantly hooked on it. I used this to my advantage to laugh at their suffering as they couldn't watch the last 2 dvds for 2 years until I finished buying it.

I had downloaded the rest after I bought the 3rd dvd

Lokii
Pancake
posted 08-22-2005 11:56:39 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough probably says this to all the girls:
I want to note that even people who don't usually like Romantic Comedies that I have shown this to have gotten almost instantly hooked on it. I used this to my advantage to laugh at their suffering as they couldn't watch the last 2 dvds for 2 years until I finished buying it.

I had downloaded the rest after I bought the 3rd dvd

...You still haven't bought it. And now I don't even care anymore.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-23-2005 12:03:15 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Lokii wrote:
...You still haven't bought it. And now I don't even care anymore.

Um, I bought it at ACen hi.

Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 08-23-2005 12:51:05 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mr. Gainsborough:
Kare Kano.

One of the first series I ever watched, back in highschool, and I still it as one of my faves. Every other highschool romantic comedy since just seems dull in comparason.

One thing about the ending being somewhat vague is that, since it's based on the manga, it doesn't actually end there. The manga series continues much much further into Arima and Yukino's lives, into college even. It's huge

MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-23-2005 12:51:18 AM
His and Her Circumstances is shoujo in its most concentrated, but also best, form.

The manga episode is hilarity, and there's a few other instances of Gainax making fun of itself.

I still need to see the last DVD..

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-23-2005 12:54:31 AM
The anime doesn't have an ending. Whatever.

It just stops and I'm ok with that. I watched Love Hina and it did pretty much the same thing.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-23-2005 12:56:35 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mr. Gainsborough stammered:
The anime doesn't have an ending. Whatever.

It just stops and I'm ok with that. I watched Love Hina and it did pretty much the same thing.

Yeah, but generally.. if inconclusive/not-really endings bother you, it's probably better to avoid most anime.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-23-2005 01:01:37 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and MorbId was all like:
Yeah, but generally.. if inconclusive/not-really endings bother you, it's probably better to avoid most anime.

p.s. yeah you probably should've watched kare kano before you left for college

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: