EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Outlaw Star or Cow Boy Be Bop
Author
Topic: Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 08-16-2005 01:11:15 AM
As much as I've talked about picking up anime series I've never gotten around to it. At the moment though, I've got the cash to burn, so now the question is:

Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop?

I haven't really watched a ton of either show. Both have been great from what episodes I've seen from them (About 5 of each). Outlaw Star is inherently cheaper because it's a less popular anime series, and a bit older I think. But Cowboy Bebop is pretty damn badass too.

I think I know already that Cowboy Bebop will win this duel, but hey, it's worth asking and starting a discussion.

[edit]
As an addimendum. I can pick up Outlaw Star from my local Fry's Electronics for about $60 before tax. From having poked around on the internet prior, this seems to be pretty much standard price (3 dvd box set) for it. Anyone know of any place reputable to get it cheaper?

edit2 D'oh, can't change the poll options for my typographical error.

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 08-16-2005 at 01:15 AM.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-16-2005 01:12:50 AM
Outlaw Star.

Cowboy Beebop is better, and newer. Therefore, it will be easier to track down at a later date. Get OS now while it's still not too hard to find on the shelves, and save CB for later.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-16-2005 01:14:10 AM
1) It's Bebop. Not Be Bop.
2) Outlaw Star is cheaper.
3) Cowboy Bebop is shown constantly on Adult Swim. If you haven't seen it yet, keep an eye on their website for when they'll throw it back on. Apparently, people can't get enough of seeing the same series over and over for years without new episodes.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 08-16-2005 01:17:51 AM
Check Media Play, I got my copy of outlaw star for $45. Oh and to vote, I'd go for Outlaw Star, for most of the reasons listed.
BetaTested
posted 08-16-2005 01:26:12 AM
Oh snap. I can buy it on amazon new from amazon for $45. If I want to go with one of their secure sellers, it's $25 + shipping.

Come on, someone fight for the Cowboy Bebop side. You people have been voting for it.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-16-2005 01:37:12 AM
quote:
BetaTested probably says this to all the girls:
Oh snap. I can buy it on amazon new from amazon for $45. If I want to go with one of their secure sellers, it's $25 + shipping.

Come on, someone fight for the Cowboy Bebop side. You people have been voting for it.

looks at his burned dvd of Bebop

Go for Outlaw Star. Bebop is awesome, but the reasons cited above are sound.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-16-2005 01:38:03 AM
There really isn't much to say in Bebop's defense. It's the superior series of the two, hands down.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-16-2005 03:24:03 AM
I know I'll probably get frowned on for this, but cookiejarvideo.com sells the entire Cowboy Bepop series and movie in English for $30.

They've also got the Outlaw Star series for $27. I've gotten a lot of DVD's from this place, and they normally end up on my doorstep in three or four days tops.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-16-2005 12:03:28 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I know I'll probably get frowned on for this, but cookiejarvideo.com sells the entire Cowboy Bepop series and movie in English for $30.

They've also got the Outlaw Star series for $27. I've gotten a lot of DVD's from this place, and they normally end up on my doorstep in three or four days tops.

Yeah, honestly, if you're going to do that, why not just download them? It's just about as legal.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 08-16-2005 12:25:31 PM
quote:
Rodent King wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Hurrah for Hong Kong Bootlegs!

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-16-2005 04:54:11 PM
actually got the cowboy bebop series for $.1 and $13 s/h on ebay

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 08-16-2005 07:33:56 PM
I think Bebop is a great series, but I much prefer Outlaw Star.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-16-2005 07:55:32 PM
Oh wait, my mistake, you're right guys. Beta, you should go spend the extra $35 for Outlaw Star at that store you mentioned. Forget I said anything.
Snugglits
posted 08-16-2005 08:00:26 PM
quote:
Rodent King thought about the meaning of life:
Oh wait, my mistake, you're right guys. Beta, you should go spend the extra $35 for Outlaw Star at that store you mentioned. Forget I said anything.

Dude, just tell him to go download the goddamned thing. Honestly.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-16-2005 08:04:41 PM
He asked for DVD's, besides I hate downloading things to watch too. I'd rather have a nifty case and portable DVD set I can switch around to different screens/locations easier than a folder of shows taking a big chunk of space in my laptop.
Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 08-16-2005 10:00:54 PM
I really like Cowboy Bebop. I think it's a better series than Outlaw Star, but like everyone else has been saying, you could probably get Outlaw Star for cheaper. I've seen all of Cowboy Bebop, though, but I've only seen bits and pieces of Outlaw Star. That makes me a bit biased.
Talonus
Loner
posted 08-16-2005 10:02:21 PM
quote:
From the book of Rodent King, chapter 3, verse 16:
He asked for DVD's, besides I hate downloading things to watch too. I'd rather have a nifty case and portable DVD set I can switch around to different screens/locations easier than a folder of shows taking a big chunk of space in my laptop.

You realize that many DVD players support burned DVDs right? Its possible to burn the episodes to a DVD yourself if you know what to do. If you want to put in the work, you can make a nifty menu similar to that of a real DVD too.

Ok, you have to spend the money on a DVD burner. Blah blah blah

BetaTested
posted 08-17-2005 12:49:26 AM
I used to be a big pirate, but I'm tired of doing it. When I have the money to go out and drop on a series of shows that I like a lot I'm more inclined to do it than when I had no money.

That and I'm damn tired of trying to find different groups that still have stuff that I'm looking for. Not to mention half the time the quality on them is absolute crap. It's harder to find older shows in high quality, because people didn't have the space or desire to make good bootlegs of it back then.

So if you guys want to say "GO PIRATE! WOOO!" That's fine and dandy. I'm just not going to bother with it.

[edit]plz don't to be banning for the piracy comments. Edit it out of my post if you so wish.

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 12:50 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: