EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Everybody loves Katamari Damashii!
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-14-2005 10:02:44 PM
This game was a total blast. The soundtrack is possibly even better than the first one and the missions are so much more inventive. It is a total joy to play it.

Get it. Get it as soon as you can. Import it if you have to. Just make sure you get it.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-14-2005 10:21:41 PM
Many thanks to you, Waisz, for picking it up in Japan for me. I'm in love.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-14-2005 10:28:00 PM
‚Ý‚ñ‚È‘åD‚«‰ò°II

I will spoil all within this post.

First, there are 24 songs within the soundtrack. In my opinion many of them are better than the original OST, though they are less zany. They got some real talent doing these.

The missions themselves are much, much better. Some of the better levels include the "flower level" where you end up with a big ol' katamari covered in flowers, which looks awesome. There is the Hansel and Gretel level, where you pick up an entire house made out of candy. Since you can pick up the individual pieces and gravity acts, you just roll into one spot and the whole damn thing collapses into your katamari. It's just amazing to watch. The snow level is fun because snow actually rolls into your katamari. The fire level is fun because you have a burning ball and you have to pick up things that burn to keep it on fire until you can get it to the top of the hill. Rolling the burning katamari around is quite fun. There is a level which takes place inside a school... it's quite fun rolling over the school children. There are some other real winners, but two others that stick out in my mind are the "final" levels. The last size level requires you to get 500m in diameter. They actually have this level set up so that you get to pick up real landmarks from all over most of the world (especially ones I recognized from the US and Japan, which was a lot of fun for me). Finally, after you have done all the levels, you can do the dog level. A dog asks you to roll up the sun. So, you roll up all your previous stars and carry the sun off... just awesome!

They doubled the price of this one from the first one in Japan. I wonder if the US will see the same.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-14-2005 10:28:20 PM
I'd say the soundtrack is at least on par with the original, but it lacks anything along the lines of Cherry Blossom Color Season (my favorite track from the first soundtrack).

Acapella Katamari on the Rock is pretty goddamn sweet, though.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Snugglits
posted 08-14-2005 10:34:59 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I'd say the soundtrack is at least on par with the original, but it lacks anything along the lines of Cherry Blossom Color Season (my favorite track from the first soundtrack).

Acapella Katamari on the Rock is pretty goddamn sweet, though.

Like I said, a little less character but much more talent. I could listen to the whole thing and it would enjoyable. The first OST has tracks I skip through when I listen to it. Yeah, there are a few I skip straight to and listen to a few times on the first, but the rest of it is... not as great.

Blue orb is nice, though. I like the sound of her voice.

quote:
There was much rejoicing when Falaanla Marr said this:
Many thanks to you, Waisz, for picking it up in Japan for me. I'm in love.

I am to please.

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 08-14-2005 at 10:37 PM.

Snugglits
posted 08-14-2005 10:36:17 PM
woops

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 08-14-2005 at 10:36 PM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-14-2005 10:43:52 PM
Yeah, it's hard to pick a favorite in this one. I'd probably have to say either Tsuyogari Katamari or KuruKuru Rock.

I'm a little dissapointed that the fugue didn't make the OST. But mine only has 18 tracks while yours apparently has 24, so you got ahold of an extended version or I got ahold of an incomplete version. Here's the tracklist of mine:

01 - Introduction (0:24)
02 - Katamari On The Rocks (6:37)
03 - Overture II (1:16)
04 - Katamari on the Swing (4:40)
05 - KuruKuru Rock (5:10)
06 - Everlasting Love (4:45)
07 - Tsuyogari Katamari (5:32)
08 - Beautiful Star (3:08)
09 - Heaven's Rain (7:11)
10 - Houston (4:16)
11 - Blue Orb (5:00)
12 - Katamari Holiday (5:37)
13 - Baby Universe (5:06)
14 - DiscoxPrince (7:01)
15 - Killing Hot Savannah (5:32)
16 - The Royal Academy of Katamari (3:36)
17 - King of King's song (4:41)
18 - Untitled (0:15)

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 08-14-2005 10:50:00 PM
I would buy the game for the sumo level alone. Instead of a katamari, you roll a sumo wrestler arong picking up food (and people!) that are then absorbed into him as he grows bigger. Picking a mass of children up, and seeing them sink beneath the ever growing flesh of a sumo wrestler as you roll him along is simply awesome beyond words.
Veni, vidi, vici
Snugglits
posted 08-14-2005 10:56:21 PM
I don't actually have an OST. I just got the sound track player ingame. And, counting up, I see 24 tracks, so the OST should have at least that many.

Forgive the bad track names, realize my skills are very rough...

1 - Na Na Na So ... kanji
2 - Overture II
3 - Dan Don Fuga (Fugue remixed!)
4 - Beautiful Star
5 - kanji kanji tron
6 - Wanchippu machi
7 - Doremi katamarido
8 - Starlight Jar
9 - Big Cosmo Salon
10 - Katamari on the rocks (remixed! hilariously, too)
11 - Katamari on the swing
12 - Tsuyokari Katamari
13 - kanji kanji Savannah
14 - Beibii Yunibaasu (baby universe, I think)
15 - heaven ???'s rain
16 - Kurukuru rock
17 - Everlasting Love
18 - ??? Holiday
19 - Houston
20 - Disco Prince
21 - blue orb
22 - The Royal Academy of Katamari
23 - King of king's song
24 - LOVE & PEACE & KATAMARI DAMASHII

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-14-2005 11:06:38 PM
Added bonus for me: not understanding the Japanese makes playing the game a true adventure!
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-14-2005 11:07:39 PM
weird....but awesome

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-14-2005 11:11:49 PM
Oh, so that's just a game rip with some of the lesser tracks missing. I already have the full game rip myself. Want the OST?
Snugglits
posted 08-14-2005 11:14:41 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when JooJooFlop said:
Oh, so that's just a game rip with some of the lesser tracks missing. I already have the full game rip myself. Want the OST?

Ermm... it's not a game rip. I was reading the tracks directly off the tracks ingame on the music selector (like how you could play tracks in the first).

I'd love to have the OST. I don't have anything from KD2 on my computer.

Fal, did you figure out how to save?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-14-2005 11:19:38 PM
I'll DCC it to you the next time I see you in IRC.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-15-2005 01:08:56 AM
How about putting it on one of the FTPs?
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-15-2005 03:40:24 PM
Putting it up on Zaza's FTP.
Snugglits
posted 08-15-2005 08:44:41 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Putting it up on Zaza's FTP.

Marry me.

thanks dude

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-16-2005 12:26:42 AM
When is the english version due out in the states
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 08-16-2005 01:48:56 AM
quote:
Khyron got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
When is the english version due out in the states

It's due out late september, I'm pretty sure. I've already got my preorder.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-16-2005 01:50:17 AM
Katamari On The Swing is the most awesomest song.
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 08-16-2005 03:57:35 AM
Errr... what's the link to Zaza's FTP?

I really want to check out the songs.

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Gadani
U
posted 08-16-2005 03:59:23 AM
quote:
Mayor of Townsville had this to say about Captain Planet:
Errr... what's the link to Zaza's FTP?

I really want to check out the songs.

ftp.dawntide.net

ec
fluffy

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: