EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Pictures of you Character(s)!
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 08-10-2005 11:54:44 PM
This kind of thread hasn't been posted in awhile and I was curious what you guys are looking like nowadays.

This is my warrior:

Post your character(s)!

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-11-2005 12:05:15 AM

Lionheart Helm and Stronghold Gauntlets there along with the Obsidian Edged Blade that yonder Yuri seems to have (coincidence seems to favor the fishing pole over the sword for screen caps). The guild I was in up till a week ago were asses about giving non-protection warriors the MC armor regardless of dkp so I still have my crappy valor set.

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 08-11-2005 at 12:06 AM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 12:14:35 AM

O Wait, Wrong game

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-11-2005 12:28:23 AM
Fuck you Peter, I was gonna do that with my CoH characters.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 08-11-2005 12:45:30 AM
Aw, I thought you meant like, actual drawings of characters, not just screenshots I was gonna say, "cool!"
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-11-2005 12:52:31 AM
quote:
Kait enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Aw, I thought you meant like, actual drawings of characters, not just screenshots I was gonna say, "cool!"

There's like 3 people here that actually draw, including you. =\

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 08-11-2005 12:57:01 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Kuroi Madoushi said:
There's like 3 people here that actually draw, including you. =\

You mean that draw and keep up a website. Anyone can draw, all you do is put pencil to paper and see what comes out I think it would be a fun project...and all you losers could bicker about who draws the worse (hahaha) I kid...I have no confidence in my art. Thanks for saying I draw

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Sean
posted 08-11-2005 01:55:53 AM
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 02:37:15 AM
quote:
Sakkra said this about your mom:
Fuck you Peter, I was gonna do that with my CoH characters.

Addy
posted 08-11-2005 04:42:35 AM
look it is an elf

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 08-11-2005 05:32:10 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Addy wrote:
look it is an elf

[IMGx]http://www.dawntide.net/users/addy/lolshedarinow.jpg[/IMG]

AN ELF! KILL IT

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-11-2005 07:27:49 AM
quote:
Addy's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
look it is an elf

[xIMG]http://www.dawntide.net/users/addy/lolshedarinow.jpg[/IMG]

omg hey addy whats it like to have boobies for shoulderpads?

Sean
posted 08-11-2005 10:00:21 AM
My Elf is cooler than Addy's elf.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 01:40:52 PM
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-11-2005 01:57:11 PM

My equipment sucks.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 08-11-2005 06:47:07 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Pirotess:
look it is an elf

Need a breakdown of gear. Must get things of pwning that are not daggers.

Addy
posted 08-11-2005 07:06:11 PM
For NullDevice:

Bloodfang Hood
Bloodfang Gloves
Bloodfang Bracers
Nightslayer Shoulderpads
Nightslayer Belt
Nightslayer Boots
Nightslayer Pants
Nightslayer Chestpiece
Gutgore Ripper
Core Hound Tooth
Carapace Spine Crossbow
Onyxia Tooth Pendant
Painweaver Band
Protector's Band
Cape of the Black Baron
Blackhand's Breadth
Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom

I also have Nightslayer Gloves, Bloodfang Pants, and Vis'Kag the Bloodletter that I will swap in sometimes.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-11-2005 07:13:32 PM

One of these days I gotta make that picturebook of The Adventures of Snoota.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-11-2005 07:15:57 PM
quote:
This one time, at Addy camp:
For NullDevice:

Bloodfang Hood
Bloodfang Gloves
Bloodfang Bracers
Nightslayer Shoulderpads
Nightslayer Belt
Nightslayer Boots
Nightslayer Pants
Nightslayer Chestpiece
Gutgore Ripper
Core Hound Tooth
Carapace Spine Crossbow
Onyxia Tooth Pendant
Painweaver Band
Protector's Band
Cape of the Black Baron
Blackhand's Breadth
Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom

I also have Nightslayer Gloves, Bloodfang Pants, and Vis'Kag the Bloodletter that I will swap in sometimes.

For non-dagger pwnage, see Brutality Blade and/or Empyrean Demolisher.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 08-11-2005 07:48:32 PM
Damn... Joojoo does wield a razorblade of doom....

Haven't seen Bloodfang yet.. will have to look that up. I thought there were bits of Nightslayer there... Good luck on me ever seeing any of that shit. It's hard enough collecting SC armor. I'd have figured you'd go after the Ancient Bone Bow for the Agi it offers. Got the cape, it's nice with more Armor or Agi tacked on. Need to get a successful raid for the Breadth. I've done a couple of sucessful runs, but at level 54 when I couldn't get the damn quest for the trinket. Now that I have the quest I either can't find a group to do it, the group that I'm in that might be able to do it doesn't have a key for UBRS so it becomes LBRS or we get to him and idiots inist on kiting the general and we wipe multiple times.

I know about Brutality. I'll never see it I'd expect. I like my Thrash blade, but I want something better. I'm hoping I can get a Skullforge at some point if I grind UDS enough. I wouldn't touch the Emp though. I managed to get 2 Cruel Hand of Timmy and actually blew the gold to go Mace Spec... Less damage overall and the diminishing returns on mace stun makes me wonder why anyone would use it. Thrash Blade is listed as 35.2dps (I think it's higher in game right now) while Timmy is listed as 40.0, but the additional damage boost from Sinister Strike just makes Thrash WAY better. Max crit with Timmy's been around 350 to 375 while Thrash is pushing 700 to 725.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-11-2005 08:01:49 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by NullDevice:
Damn... Joojoo does wield a razorblade of doom....

Haven't seen Bloodfang yet.. will have to look that up. I thought there were bits of Nightslayer there... Good luck on me ever seeing any of that shit. It's hard enough collecting SC armor. I'd have figured you'd go after the Ancient Bone Bow for the Agi it offers. Got the cape, it's nice with more Armor or Agi tacked on. Need to get a successful raid for the Breadth. I've done a couple of sucessful runs, but at level 54 when I couldn't get the damn quest for the trinket. Now that I have the quest I either can't find a group to do it, the group that I'm in that might be able to do it doesn't have a key for UBRS so it becomes LBRS or we get to him and idiots inist on kiting the general and we wipe multiple times.

I know about Brutality. I'll never see it I'd expect. I like my Thrash blade, but I want something better. I'm hoping I can get a Skullforge at some point if I grind UDS enough. I wouldn't touch the Emp though. I managed to get 2 Cruel Hand of Timmy and actually blew the gold to go Mace Spec... Less damage overall and the diminishing returns on mace stun makes me wonder why anyone would use it. Thrash Blade is listed as 35.2dps (I think it's higher in game right now) while Timmy is listed as 40.0, but the additional damage boost from Sinister Strike just makes Thrash WAY better. Max crit with Timmy's been around 350 to 375 while Thrash is pushing 700 to 725.

Ah, you're still in pre-MC instances. Empyrean Demolisher and Brutality Blade are both slow but favored for their high weapon damage (ideal for SS). The NS stuff is the tier one epic set from MC and more common at this point. Bloodfang is the tier two set found in BWL and Ony (she has all the hats, it seems). Also, if you want a good bow, seek out Eaglehorn Long Bow that drops off The Razza in Dire Maul. He's in the pvp arena in the Broken Commons and is a rare spawn (ran into him a few times while farming my quel'serrar book).

Kuroi Madoushi fucked around with this message on 08-11-2005 at 08:02 PM.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 08-11-2005 09:01:22 PM
Got corpse camped by jackasses after him. We were dropping down (I was first in) and the Paladin took a wrong turn so we had to wait. They dropped down (after having a hunter chickenshit attack from the ledge) and engaged. He's a FFA mob in a FFA arena so we ganked them. He was still floating abover 75% HP. We lost 2 members in the fight and were working him down... at 25% they counter-gank us and finish him off.

Then they start corpse camping us in the arena bitching that we were trying to KS their mob after it was down to less than 50% because we were gimps that couldn't hack it.

I think I'd rather go with the Ancient Bone bow over that one. I've got enough stamina building up from class armor sets. It's managed to wreck my 'Tiger' build, forcing me to go 'Monkey'.

I have the option of hitting MC and even Onyxia raids.. if I'd ever get off my ass and MC attune and Onyx key. Khyron and our guild leader get invites to do both on a semi-routine basis and our Guild leader has managed to score some loot out of it..

Addy
posted 08-11-2005 09:17:28 PM
Most rogues favor Vis'Kag over the other two mentioned [epic-quality] main hand weapons. Brutality is too fast to be considered a good sinister strike spammer; rather, it's mainly used for offhand purposes for sword rogues or crit purposes for hunters. The Demolisher isn't as favored because it uses mace specialization, which is useless for raiding purposes.

I prefer the sta ranged weapon over agi because I just like having more hitpoints. It lets me survive for a touch bit longer, which is crucial in raiding and PVP.

NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 08-11-2005 09:34:54 PM
Brutality is too fast? It's 0.2 faster than Thrash (considered to be a decent SS weapon) and higher damage range. Sure if you have VK you damn sure want him in the main hand but between Brutality and some of the other swords I've seen people say are 'omfg rogue weapon fuck off u hunter nubs' I'd say it's just disgusting.

And you have listed my objection to the Demoilisher. It's Mace spec. Mace spec I have come to discover sucks major balls. Too bad I won't be going back to SCS and asking Timmy why he's slapping himself.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-11-2005 09:38:58 PM
quote:
NullDevice stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Brutality is too fast? It's 0.2 faster than Thrash (considered to be a decent SS weapon) and higher damage range. Sure if you have VK you damn sure want him in the main hand but between Brutality and some of the other swords I've seen people say are 'omfg rogue weapon fuck off u hunter nubs' I'd say it's just disgusting.

And you have listed my objection to the Demoilisher. It's Mace spec. Mace spec I have come to discover sucks major balls. Too bad I won't be going back to SCS and asking Timmy why he's slapping himself.

Brutality is the consummate off-hand weapon, perhaps I should've remembered that and said so (I'm looking to get one myself to dw with quel-serrar). The Demolisher is one I've seen on several rogues; I think they use it with mace spec for pvp.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-11-2005 10:13:18 PM
I guess I just haven't seens something that would make me put that in my offhand. Right now I'd wind up main-hand with it and either Timmy or my Garg Talons offhand (faster weapon).
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Addy
posted 08-11-2005 10:20:25 PM
quote:
NullDevice obviously shouldn't have said:

Yes, it's too fast. As a rogue you should realize .2 makes a HUGE difference. Well, it's not as noticeable with swords as it is with daggers, but it is still noticeable. Krol Blade, a world epic, is pretty much as effective as brutality, a Molten Core drop. (for main hand)

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-11-2005 11:01:31 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Duck Tales:
Yes, it's too fast. As a rogue you should realize .2 makes a HUGE difference. Well, it's not as noticeable with swords as it is with daggers, but it is still noticeable. Krol Blade, a world epic, is pretty much as effective as brutality, a Molten Core drop. (for main hand)

I'm having an issue swallowing that.

Brutality: 90 - 168 on a 2.50
Krol: 80 - 149 on a 2.80

So I was wrong initially, Brutality is 0.3 faster, plus has extra Agi and Str which will help in DPS, but let's look at raw capabilities...

Krol comes in with Crits of 671/545 (Min/Max) and normals of 292/237 while Britality comes in with Crits of 676/534 and 294/232 respectively. Now there's not much damage on the SS itself (this was caluclated through here with an AP of 750, AR of 25% and based off my build as a combat rogue) but you're swinging 0.3 faster with a higher minimum and maximum so overall I'd see the Brutality being better in the main hand if that's all you have the choice of vs the Krol. If you have both it's a no-brainer, but I think you're on the losing end by keeping the Krol myself as a Dal'Rend Charge is (supposadly) easier to get and will pack the same damage stats as the Krol, or the Emp Demolisher which has better damage stats (but you do sacrifice Sword Spec in the main hand. bleh).

What kinda confuses me is, Thrash Blade is already packing crits in the high 600 to low 700's when I'm stacked for instance runs... I can get it to do mid to high 600's just soloing (agi elixir). Do mobs just not have that much AR or are their calculations THAT far off?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 08-12-2005 01:24:54 PM
so i'm still sorta new to WoW... how do you get those nice lookin screenshots of your characters?
Kael
Whistlepig
posted 08-12-2005 04:18:31 PM

Had a good couple of weeks, got the Ribsteel Boots, Valor Belt, Shoulders, Doomsaw, and the Drac Deflector all on one night, when we did all of BRS, back to back. Now Drakk needs to drop my damn BP and Rivendare needs to drop my Skullforge.

Addy
posted 08-12-2005 04:38:20 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Random Insanity Generator was all like:
math stuff

I never said Krol Blade was better. I just said it's as effective as Brutality and a whole lot easier/cheaper to get (since most guild utilize a DKP or similar system). An alternative would be Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge.

Their calculations may seem "off" because it doesn't take mob armor into account. According to their site I should be backstabbing for 1500 max, but obviously that isn't the case (I backstab for ~1000 during raids, a little more or less depending on what we're fighting).

Sean
posted 08-12-2005 04:55:00 PM
T.G. Cid?

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 08-12-2005 06:58:22 PM
quote:
From the book of Sean, chapter 3, verse 16:
T.G. Cid?

Oddly enough, some people in my guild have been calling me "Cid" as of late. But honestly, I wasn't going for a carbon copy of Orlandu.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: