EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Proud of myself. :D
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 08-10-2005 11:28:20 PM
So I recently made that WMP skin, and of course as I said I thought it was about as good as I could get it.

Well, I uploaded it to a few Customize sites and whatnot. 3 sites total, and so far between the three of them, over a thousand people have gotten and used it in the 2-3 days since I uploaded it.

And on at least this site I have been the top download for 3 days strait. With a total of 682 DLs from that site alone.

I know its a silly thing to get excited about, but with all the bad stuff going on with me here right now, it feels really good to know I made/did something that ACTUALLY interests people and got some recognition.

By the way, if you are interested, that site I linked also has the Wallpaper I threw together to accompany the skin. Although being as provocative as it is, I doubt it suits most people.

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 08-11-2005 at 12:18 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-10-2005 11:40:08 PM
Oh and yeah, I love how the voting feature has become a tool for annonymous assholitude.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Chugga
Pancake
posted 08-10-2005 11:55:17 PM
Cool stuff buddy, you're an amazing artist so it's really only a matter of time.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-11-2005 12:00:10 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Oh and yeah, I love how the voting feature has become a tool for annonymous assholitude.

I'm pretty sure Drysart wants us to vote and move on instead of shitting up the thread

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 12:04:32 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Kegwen stammered:
I'm pretty sure Drysart wants us to vote and move on instead of shitting up the thread

Yeah, and what is it about this thread that needs it to have a crap rateing? Why must someone be such a pecker-head?

Peter fucked around with this message on 08-11-2005 at 12:05 AM.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-11-2005 12:09:24 AM
quote:
Kegwen stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Doesn't matter if you say something to shit up a thread, or follow specific people around and crap vote thier threads within a time frame that pretty much states they didn't even bother to find out what was in the thread and just crapped it.

It doesn't matter what's in my threads or what they are about, every thread gets crapped in a matter of seconds or minutes at the most of it being posted. Which has happened to every thread I have posted here in the last few months, none of which I think anyone would say are crap worthy moreso than its a dislike.

I could really give a rats ass about being liked or whatnot around here, I know who my friends are and what not. After a while though it just gets really irritating to see a thread you are proud of or contributing with be automatically crapped because of some asshole and have to see something you are proud of have a nice brown tag on it with the words "CRAP" in it immediately after doing it. Sometimes before the page even refreshes for you enough to see your own post and get back to the main page, so you know they arent even bothering with the post at all and just crapping it because they can. Sometimes its personal or an accomplishment as well which also makes it a bit demeaning.

The nature of the place is pretty much why I quit being all that active, and when I am, usually only in my own threads. It's not the vote that gets to you, its the nature of the usage.

And thanks Doomie. I haven't done much of anything in a long time, mostly because of way things are going, it was nice to have it aknowledged.

My LAUNCHCast Station
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 12:12:08 AM
If I'm gonna rate a thread crap, I at least have the balls to go in the thread and state why it's crap.

I rated this thread a Awesome because I think that skin is pretty amazing. I doubt whoever the jackass was who rated the thread crap could make something like that. I'd personally be using it if I didn't mind a little nudity.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-11-2005 12:16:20 AM
quote:
-Yuri- had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I'd personally be using it if I didn't mind a little nudity.

Crap... I forgot to disable that before I submitted it.

Hopefully a Mature Content disclaimer I put on it is enough.

Glad you said something, so I can change the version.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-11-2005 12:16:39 AM
I voted it crap because watching Fae cry makes me laugh.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-11-2005 12:19:32 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Tron:
I voted it crap because watching Fae cry makes me laugh.

Eh, so you're the other person I put on ignore... Makes sense. Nice of you to come along and give it a second crap vote though, I applaud you. At least its obvious you read the thread before crapping it this time. Not that I expected anything less of you.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-11-2005 12:28:04 AM
quote:
How.... Faelynn LeAndris.... uughhhhhh:
Eh, so you're the other person I put on ignore... Makes sense. Nice of you to come along and give it a second crap vote though, I applaud you. At least its obvious you read the thread before crapping it this time. Not that I expected anything less of you.

I was nice enough to correct it to NSFW instead of deleting it for improper content and making you re-write it to be voted crap again.

And, despite how popular you may be with a few miscreants, it's not against the law to not like your threads.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-11-2005 12:36:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Cuba:
I was nice enough to correct it to NSFW instead of deleting it for improper content and making you re-write it to be voted crap again.

And, despite how popular you may be with a few miscreants, it's not against the law to not like your threads.

This thread, nor was the link here NSFW. Opening the front page of that link will not get anyone in trouble for viewing it unless they happen to go into the links of my work there, which concidering the fact you get a miniview of them to see what's in store for you, most people are smart enough not to do. Hence it didn't need a NSFW tag as far as I could see. I don't play games when it comes to that, I'm usually very good about it, in fact with the whole skin thing I even started a second thread BECAUSE the content would be NSFW. I'm sorry if you concidered it so, so you changing it I guess was for the best.

Nice on the personal attack there though buddy, it's really appreciated honest.

And it has nothing to do with liking my threads, as its evident they dont even bother with the threads. To correct you, you are more right in saying they dont like me, which as you said is perfectly fine, I dont care. Which is why I said it the way I did. It's the fact they spread the assholiness, (and dont even own up to it) which although it's an insignificant vote graphic it still reflects on you, and after a while, it gets on your nerves or it can infact be a downer on something you were otherwise happy about that didn't really deserve it.

Edit: It would actually be a wiser Idea to just go ahead and label it a flame thread, so people can be as demeaning or snide as they want to be.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 08-11-2005 at 12:40 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-11-2005 12:42:21 AM
A) Your sigpic is bordering on NSFW as it is. If enough people complain, I'll remove it.

B) There was no personal attack there. I'm not sure what you were reading.

C) Quit dwelling on votes and trying to hijack your own thread.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 08-11-2005 12:46:40 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Captain Planet:
A) Your sigpic is bordering on NSFW as it is. If enough people complain, I'll remove it.

B) There was no personal attack there. I'm not sure what you were reading.

C) Quit dwelling on votes and trying to hijack your own thread.

You have got to be kidding me, but as far as that goes I'll change it myself, don't trouble yourself.

I love how your logic works one way in your favor. Making a snide remark on popularity, and then calling the people I call friends miscreants as those being the only people I can attract as friends isn't a personal attack? Alllrighty then... I guess you could call that more an attack on the people I call friends, which I guess shouldn't be personal... Not to mention the fact you have called people on personal attacks less obvious than that one.

It has turned out to be pointless to have posted the thread in the first place, as all it served to do was piss me off in an already bad mood... And it was honestly something I was excited and happy about at first.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-11-2005 12:51:55 AM
I didn't call you a miscreant, did I?

Anyways, go ahead and lock it if all you're going to do is try to start a flamewar.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-11-2005 12:54:31 AM
If I used WMP I'd download the skin and use it. As it is though I barely use WinAMP.... I haven't bothered listening to MP3s much in like the last year or so despite having a decent collection floatig around. :|
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 08-11-2005 01:28:17 AM
I finally got around to downloading it. The Sleeper works pretty damn well. I'm more than happy to use it for MP3 duties, as I usually use WMP for that anyway.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-11-2005 01:28:34 AM
Eh, I can live with being a miscreant.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-11-2005 01:34:10 AM
quote:
Trent wrote this stupid crap:
Eh, I can live with being a miscreant.

You wish you were up to miscreant. You're barely a Hobo.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-11-2005 01:38:19 AM
Damn.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-11-2005 04:56:26 AM
I'm a miscreant, though, right?

Anyway, I'm liking the skin.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-11-2005 09:21:42 AM
voted crap because I don't care about your dumb skin
hey
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-11-2005 06:57:13 PM
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 08-12-2005 06:06:49 PM
My tastes in skins and wallpaper run more to video game characters, but that's a very impressive one. Nice job on making something so popular.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-12-2005 08:55:37 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Duck Tales:

Grow up. Someone didn't like it, and voted accordingly. It doesn't matter and if it honestly bothers you, you're doing something wrong.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-12-2005 11:07:33 PM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about Pirotess:
Miscreants need to stick together!

*sticks to Xyrra*

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-12-2005 11:45:44 PM
quote:
Alidane thought about the meaning of life:
Grow up. Someone didn't like it, and voted accordingly. It doesn't matter and if it honestly bothers you, you're doing something wrong.

I think the point was, this isn't an isolated incident. It's not that they disliked the thread itself but the individual posting it.

Thread ranking/voting shouldn't be about the person who started the thread, it should be about the CONTENT of the thread. If the thread is shit, vote it shit. Don't vote it shit because you dislike the person who posted it.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-12-2005 11:57:07 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator probably says this to all the girls:
I think the point was, this isn't an isolated incident. It's not that they disliked the thread itself but the individual posting it.

You're right that this isn't an isolated incident. Someone has been going through and voting threads crap. Nothing like waking up at 8 AM then seeing 5 or 6 threads rated CRAP for no apparent reason.

Even more wierd when the thread has zero replies.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-13-2005 12:01:00 AM
Good morning!

This is your local moderator speaking. This is not a thread about voting threads crap and the people who do it. If Fae wants, I'll change it to a flame thread and edit it to reflect it as such.

If this is not the case, though, keep the thread related to the skin or I'll take action.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-13-2005 12:43:54 AM
Did I not make myself clear?

Mr. Parcelan fucked around with this message on 08-13-2005 at 01:35 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: