EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Well, going to play in a Warlord (CCG) tournament soon.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-07-2005 10:13:11 AM
Never really done one of these CCG tournaments. It's a pretty small one (probably about 8-10 people are gonna be playing). Hoping my deck does well.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 08-07-2005 12:24:30 PM
Wish you luck amigo. I've never really heard of that CCG before, so I can't give you any tips. Just enjoy yourself, and keep going back if it's a regular tournament. You can learn your opponents and make a deck that will be strong against them all.

I went to a box tourney for MTG on friday. 10 people showed up and I walked away with 21 boosters

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-07-2005 12:50:59 PM
Dunno if it'll be regular or not, we'll see.

I hope it becomes regular: At the local store, Warlord is gaining a lot of popularity. My brother got me into it.

Heh, I'm running a deck that is essentially a "protect the key character until she can blow the shit out of multiple things at once" deck. It is pretty interesting

Check out warlord if you can, though -- it is a fun CCG.

BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 08-07-2005 01:52:00 PM
Ahh! What Race/Warlord are you running in the deck?

If you're interested in buying at all the store I used to play at closed down so now I've got a literal ton of cards for this game. (Many a promo deck too)

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-07-2005 08:54:41 PM
quote:
BacardiMunch had this to say about Cuba:
Ahh! What Race/Warlord are you running in the deck?

If you're interested in buying at all the store I used to play at closed down so now I've got a literal ton of cards for this game. (Many a promo deck too)

Running a Deverenian deck, Kassia the Saint as my warlord.

I didn't do so well today, I placed 4th. My deck has far too much of a reliance on key cards that don't necessarily come up as often as I need.

How much do you have that is tourney legal?

Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 08-07-2005 09:48:46 PM
Haha... Munch has a crap load that's tourney legal, I'd bet... I'm still replaying some of the old days when he'd sit there and just beat me like it was nothing everytime we played each other at Warlords.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-07-2005 10:07:09 PM
Sentow's tips for winning card games:

• Scowl and stare your opponent straight in the eye for the entire match.
  • When your opponent plays a card, growl in your throat and slowly shake your head. If he plays the card anyway, scowl harder.
  • When you play a card, hold it in front of your face, lick it, then slam it onto the table.

Success is guaranteed.
OK OK OK OK, seriously, just try to relax and work with what you draw rather than stressing over what you don't draw. And for god's sake, keep that poker face up!

Good luck

EDIT: Somehow I keep reading "soon" as "tomorrow" Well, the points still stand!

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 08-07-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
squee
Pancake
posted 08-11-2005 01:20:46 AM
Yea i to was in that tourney i placed barely outta the top 4 i was fifth...im running a Free Kingdoms deck with Albrecht as my Warlord... one of the mercenary decks beat me once adn then we never finish the second game....
uh yea about that.......to much blood in my alcohol system makes me angsty!!!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-11-2005 03:10:07 AM
Well, the deck is getting better.

Tonight, I was up at the store and the store owner has this nasty deck. Ask Squee or Sabratiz about it (Yes, Squee, I know who you are). Runs 6 characters in it and just wails on the front row with a loaded down warlord that does two wounds per hit.

I couldn't manage to draw my Sister Airane, else I likely could have won (wounded the warlord twice via an attached flaming sphere, go Innate ability). I'm still making slight modifications to it. Eventually, it'll be pure ownage.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: