EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: larp... movie.... PAIN!!!!!!
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 08-06-2005 04:36:21 AM
http://www.darkonthemovie.com/trailers_qt_hi.html

Someone up there wants us to suffer...

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-06-2005 04:56:47 AM
errr
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-06-2005 07:21:28 AM
Wooden castle. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
LeMiere
posted 08-06-2005 01:10:05 PM
I watched up til' the point they interviewed the guy scratching at his face.

I had to shut it off.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-06-2005 01:16:15 PM
How gay*.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-06-2005 01:22:28 PM
One of the founding precepts of this kingdom is that individual countries, um, uh... line!

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 08-06-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 08-06-2005 05:30:18 PM
Towards the end of this video, they faught a giant cheese monster. Man LARP is cool.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 08-06-2005 08:47:41 PM
I hate foam swords. Give me my blood and guts!

I don't know...the spirit behind it's alright, but the fakeness they add to it just kills it. If you want to have a real sport and duel with real weapons, that's your suicidal choice. But to hack at each other with nerf swords and claim that it's a 'battle' and all that jazz...that's just nerdy delusion. This is why I like writing...I can have them do pretty much anything I want, without having to add all sorts of safeguards that kill the spirit

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 08-06-2005 09:30:07 PM
! WARNING: ABOVE POST VIOLATES THE ANTI-KAIT ACT AND SHOULD BE DISREGARDED FROM THE CONVERSATION. !
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-07-2005 10:43:59 AM
OK, I am confused...

Was that supposed to be a serious movie, or a joke?

It could go either way

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-07-2005 01:33:45 PM
It's for a promotional..

For every 100 people tho see the trailer and laugh, or insult it.. theres going to be one guy who likes the idea, and goes out to play with them. Thats why they are doing it.

Besides.. a bunch of keyboard jockeys, japanophiles, and chasers of other geekyness, need not throw stones.

We're all a bunch of dorks, get used to it.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-07-2005 01:48:09 PM
quote:
Kaiote startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
It's for a promotional..

For every 100 people tho see the trailer and laugh, or insult it.. theres going to be one guy who likes the idea, and goes out to play with them. Thats why they are doing it.

Besides.. a bunch of keyboard jockeys, japanophiles, and chasers of other geekyness, need not throw stones.

We're all a bunch of dorks, get used to it.

I feel perfectly qualified to throw stones, so neener.

There's such a thing as taking that shit far too seriously.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-07-2005 01:52:15 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I feel perfectly qualified to throw stones, so neener.

There's such a thing as taking that shit far too seriously.

You're as big a dork as the rest of us. You DO post here.

Well, your throwing stones tend to be better polished and well written. But you're still a dork with the rest of us.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-07-2005 04:31:41 PM
quote:
Kaiote thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
You're as big a dork as the rest of us. You DO post here.

Well, your throwing stones tend to be better polished and well written. But you're still a dork with the rest of us.

You do realize there are levels of dorkitude, right? There's like "I play Halo 2 twice a week," or "I play video games every day," then there's "I beat people with foam bats in a field," and then there's "I play MMOs all day in my parents' basement," or "I collect Transformers and post about it on the Internet for people that don't care."

So yes, there are levels far beyond LARPing, but you have to at least recognize the levels, man. THE LEVELS.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-07-2005 04:53:27 PM
I can see that.. But to be a dork in one sense, and then to accuse others of being dorky because they are a different kind of dork...
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-07-2005 04:59:57 PM
Ah, but dorkiness, as you put it, depends upon the amount of time and effort spent being dorky, as well as the seriousness with which one pursues the dorky hobby.

So I hardly think I'm in the same league as these dorks, nor that calling them dorky qualifies as the pot labeling the kettle. It's fine that they choose to spend their time that way. . .but they've got to live with the appropriate label.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 08-07-2005 05:37:54 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Pirotess:
Ah, but dorkiness, as you put it, depends upon the amount of time and effort spent being dorky, as well as the seriousness with which one pursues the dorky hobby.

So I hardly think I'm in the same league as these dorks, nor that calling them dorky qualifies as the pot labeling the kettle. It's fine that they choose to spend their time that way. . .but they've got to live with the appropriate label.

You dork...

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-07-2005 05:38:16 PM
True.. but even within the LARP community, there are levels of dork. And they vary depending on which type of larp dork you are. Some are the hardcore combat dorks, who shun everything else about the game except the combat. (And, in many cases, even shun the rules of combat, because it doesnt fit them, or thier version of the game.) Others are deep Roleplayers, who are mocked by everybody but the other Roleplayers. Then theres the drunks, and the leches.. and the drunken leches.. But somewhere in there, everybody has all the other dorks characterized by what kind of larp dork they are..

It's always annoyed me when you see one type of dork label another dork asif thier own kind of dorkiness is better.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-07-2005 05:51:42 PM
You're all dorks.

*goes back to painting WH40k figures*

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-07-2005 06:37:24 PM
quote:
Kaiote startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
True.. but even within the LARP community, there are levels of dork. And they vary depending on which type of larp dork you are. Some are the hardcore combat dorks, who shun everything else about the game except the combat. (And, in many cases, even shun the rules of combat, because it doesnt fit them, or thier version of the game.) Others are deep Roleplayers, who are mocked by everybody but the other Roleplayers. Then theres the drunks, and the leches.. and the drunken leches.. But somewhere in there, everybody has all the other dorks characterized by what kind of larp dork they are..

It's always annoyed me when you see one type of dork label another dork asif thier own kind of dorkiness is better.

You're missing the point, as usual. Everyone on the planet is mildy dorky in some way. . .they just don't go making movies to showcase the depths of their dorkiness. The people in this movie go well beyond the norm of dorkiness, and are therefore valid targets for ridicule.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-07-2005 07:22:31 PM
quote:
From the book of Sakkra, chapter 3, verse 16:
You're all dorks.

*goes back to painting WH40k figures*

Gahhh, I have a Space marine Squad, A terminator squad, a fire warrior squad, pathfinders, drones , 3 battlesuits, and 2 Devilfish/hammer heads to paint. On top of fixing damage from move...

BTW, if anything can be said, at least those dorks are getting out and about outside and being social about it, not like some geek sitting in his folks' basement with multiple computers all playing the same game.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-07-2005 08:23:40 PM
However you twist it, LARP'ing is far more hilarious than playing MMORPG's.

I'm a Jedi in SWG, but I don't run around a field in real life shouting "USE THE FORCE!" and hitting people with a red coloured foam bat.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-07-2005 08:29:54 PM
quote:
Mortious spewed forth this undeniable truth:

I'm a Jedi in SWG, but I don't run around a field in real life shouting "USE THE FORCE!" and hitting people with a red coloured foam bat.

Best mental image ever.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-07-2005 08:58:28 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
You're missing the point, as usual. Everyone on the planet is mildy dorky in some way. . .they just don't go making movies to showcase the depths of their dorkiness. The people in this movie go well beyond the norm of dorkiness, and are therefore valid targets for ridicule.

No, I cant agree. They were simply trying to make a promotional video to attract more likeminded dorks to thier dorkfests. They are simply trying to share thier enjoyment of thier dorkiness with others. Just because you find it funny, does not make it right.

Big Easy
Pancake
posted 08-07-2005 09:31:30 PM
Besides, they're wimps. Foam bats... When I played with the SCA (before finding a life in a job and school), we used rattan and aimed to bruise one another. It's like playing rugby and going to watch a touch football game. It just doesn't look right. And the foam giant was hilarious...
"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-07-2005 09:44:14 PM
On the one hand, being the MMO guy I am I've got no place to laugh at them. On the other hand, it was very funny.

-

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 08-07-2005 09:52:14 PM
Dorques.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 08-08-2005 03:06:47 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit had this to say about Robocop:
! WARNING: ABOVE POST VIOLATES THE ANTI-KAIT ACT AND SHOULD BE DISREGARDED FROM THE CONVERSATION. !

Buh? o.o

quote:
Mortious impressed everyone with:

Haah...I saw people do that at one of the conventions I went to >.< Dorks...

The cardboard box tetris battle was pretty damn hilarious, though.

Kait fucked around with this message on 08-08-2005 at 03:08 PM.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-08-2005 04:30:21 PM
quote:
Kait said:

If I went to a Star Wars convention I'd wear normal clothes.

People who dress up at conventions.. scare me.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-08-2005 04:48:07 PM
quote:
Mortious attempted to be funny by writing:

You should come to The states, goto a SCA event or one of these LARP things duded up in your plate, start Kicking ass and takeing names.

--DO you even do that re-enactment stuff that much anymore?

Kait
posted 08-08-2005 09:24:08 PM
quote:
Mortious was naked while typing this:

Yeah, and the funny thing is, it was an ANIME convention, but there were tons of people dressed up from Star Wars and Harry Potter x.x I wanted to stab them...but then I realized that would make me a fangirl, so I held back. My dagger was at the ready, though.

-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-08-2005 09:24:36 PM
quote:
Verily, Kait doth proclaim:

So you didn't cosplay at the Anime convention ya went to? Thought you did for some reason.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-08-2005 09:37:56 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Falaanla Marr wrote:
So you didn't cosplay at the Anime convention ya went to? Thought you did for some reason.

I know she was looking for information about cosplay. As Link too, if I remember correctly.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-08-2005 10:31:58 PM
No, no, no!

If you cosplay Star Wars, you're obviously a dork. . .but if you cosplay anime, you're way cool.

Or something.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-08-2005 10:47:08 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Duck Tales:
No, no, no!

If you cosplay Star Wars, you're obviously a dork. . .but if you cosplay anime, you're way cool.

Or something.

Hay. if you look at it, either way you will most likely only have a 50% chance of reproduceing afterwars, Doing the genepool a favor.

--Everyone goes Nutty over something, Shit the Amount of Money my old man sinks into fishing...$80 fucking dolllor lures ...well I guess that chump change compared to the 27' twin diesel Blackwatch.

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 08-09-2005 02:35:42 AM
quote:
Peter had this to say about Tron:
Hay. if you look at it, either way you will most likely only have a 50% chance of reproduceing afterwars, Doing the genepool a favor.

--Everyone goes Nutty over something, Shit the Amount of Money my old man sinks into fishing...$80 fucking dolllor lures ...well I guess that chump change compared to the 27' twin diesel Blackwatch.

Yeah, I'm always amused by how my father can question a monthly fee for a game that costs less than the fee for one of his golf games (of which he plays 4+ a month), or the expense of maintaining and upgrading a computer with the amount of time and money he puts into clubs and accessories.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-09-2005 05:44:17 AM
quote:
Peter said:
You should come to The states, goto a SCA event or one of these LARP things duded up in your plate, start Kicking ass and takeing names.

--DO you even do that re-enactment stuff that much anymore?

Not very often anymore. It's hideously expensive and I don't like denting my £3000 worth of historically accurate plate.

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-09-2005 06:54:58 AM
quote:
Verily, Father McKenzie doth proclaim:
Yeah, I'm always amused by how my father can question a monthly fee for a game that costs less than the fee for one of his golf games (of which he plays 4+ a month), or the expense of maintaining and upgrading a computer with the amount of time and money he puts into clubs and accessories.

The only question you can really about that is how it is proportinate to your income. I try to keep 'puters, models and crap under 10% of my income

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 08-25-2005 07:04:49 PM
There are worse things

Jackman fucked around with this message on 08-25-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sean
posted 08-25-2005 07:14:31 PM
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: