EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New job, week 1 : Ending.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-05-2005 06:46:29 PM
First week of my new job is over. And I gotta say : I fucking love it. I can't tell you how much of an improvement this shit is from motorola.

I work here now : http://www.ezwatchstore.com/

Right now I'm tech support. Which means that I do what I'm used to : Answer phones and help stupid people with obvious stuff.

However, my new duties also include BUILDING DVR machines (PC's that function as security camera monitors/recorders), REPAIRING DVR machines, and ripping apart DVR machines to salvage usable bits from dead machines

I don't start sales for another 2 weeks or so, but when I start sales, I get a 1% commission on each sale. Today one of the other techs I work with got $6000 in sales. Yesterday another tech got $12,000 in sales. That means I have the opportunity to make a ton of cash in addition to my hourly wages

I've never been so enthusiastic about a new job before! Kick ass!

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-05-2005 07:59:17 PM
Congrats on having a great first week and for loving your job!

My first week was pretty awesome, too. I love my job. And whereas I don't get kickin' bonuses, I do get dress-down coupons of which I have four now (I got three today for getting a 100% on my audit). We went "live" into the system today processing info which was extremely scary but it got better, fast.

Hooray for good jobs!

Khyron
posted 08-05-2005 08:14:42 PM
quote:
This one time, at Jajahotep camp:
Congrats on having a great first week and for loving your job!

My first week was pretty awesome, too. I love my job. And whereas I don't get kickin' bonuses, I do get dress-down coupons of which I have four now (I got three today for getting a 100% on my audit). We went "live" into the system today processing info which was extremely scary but it got better, fast.

Hooray for good jobs!

Every day is dress down day. Anything more than Jeans and a T-Shirt is uncomfortably formal around here

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-05-2005 08:51:12 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Khyron:
Every day is dress down day. Anything more than Jeans and a T-Shirt is uncomfortably formal around here

yeah yeah yeah

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-05-2005 09:47:44 PM
quote:
Khyron said:

I don't know.. I hate working in anything less than a tailored suit and gold cufflinks/tiepin.

I did that at the last place I worked at and people kept shaping up around me, they thought I was management. Was hilarious.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-05-2005 09:56:20 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Cuba:
I don't know.. I hate working in anything less than a tailored suit and gold cufflinks/tiepin.

I did that at the last place I worked at and people kept shaping up around me, they thought I was management. Was hilarious.

You don't work.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2005 12:37:19 AM
quote:
Mortious thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

I dunno... the picture in my mind is of a kid at halloween, or maybe a midget who'se trying to sell cars..

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-06-2005 12:38:08 AM
quote:
Kaiote said:
I dunno... the picture in my mind is of a kid at halloween, or maybe a midget who'se trying to sell cars..

I look like an Italian hitman.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-06-2005 12:44:29 AM
quote:
Mortious was naked while typing this:

Maybe in a Mel Brooks kinda way.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-06-2005 02:17:31 AM
I hate my job right now. They keep giving us promotions to sell. You'd think it would make more sense to have one promotion, sell the hell out of it, and then stop it. Then do another one, sell the hell out of it, than stop it. BUT NO. INSTEAD we have like 4 things at once that we are supposed to sell the hell out of - which you can only get so far on anyway, because in rental it's only a matter of time before you are seeing THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE who STILL don't want to buy the same shit you are offering.

BUT NO. HOLLYWOOD CAN'T DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE.

Hi, I'm Monica. And I get paid 6.25 an hour so my DM can yell at me for not selling enough shit for her to get her fat bonus check.

ERHWERYW46Y2/3T2#twetgsdfq3R513I67TGQAE

I'm trying to get a job at the Best Buy down the street.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-06-2005 04:38:00 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mortious:

Yeah... back when I kept my hair cut short wearing a dark green suit with polished combat boots and black sunglasses made people think I was from some branch of the military.

It's amazing what you can get away with when you look the part.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Byrnie
Pancake
posted 08-06-2005 04:44:13 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Monica wrote:
I hate my job right now. They keep giving us promotions to sell. You'd think it would make more sense to have one promotion, sell the hell out of it, and then stop it. Then do another one, sell the hell out of it, than stop it. BUT NO. INSTEAD we have like 4 things at once that we are supposed to sell the hell out of - which you can only get so far on anyway, because in rental it's only a matter of time before you are seeing THE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE who STILL don't want to buy the same shit you are offering.

BUT NO. HOLLYWOOD CAN'T DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE.

Hi, I'm Monica. And I get paid 6.25 an hour so my DM can yell at me for not selling enough shit for her to get her fat bonus check.

ERHWERYW46Y2/3T2#twetgsdfq3R513I67TGQAE

I'm trying to get a job at the Best Buy down the street.

Ha ha my DM has fogotten I exist about 4 times, every time I meet her she introduces herself to me like I've never seen her before.

You guys have that two for one bullshit too?

Peter
Pancake
posted 08-06-2005 10:55:41 AM
quote:
Monica had this to say about dark elf butts:
I....I'm trying to get a job at the Best Buy down the street.

Might not be any better, when my bud Jon worked there he was told to push the add-on sales, even to the point they were told to just grab the stuff and drop it in the customers cart.

All Retail jobs Blow.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 08-06-2005 11:23:46 AM
quote:
Peter had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Might not be any better, when my bud Jon worked there he was told to push the add-on sales, even to the point they were told to just grab the stuff and drop it in the customers cart.

All Retail jobs Blow.

I've heard many a bad thing about the stuff that you're required to do at Best Buy. But the pay is not bad at all. Starting is more than $7 I believe, and you can generally haggle with them about that at your interview if you make yourself seem like you know a great deal about computers and or sales.

I love my job though. I work at a little game store in the mall, you know, old school games, with boards, cards and dice. The pressure to sell stuff isn't there, we just want to help you find some cool shit you probably never heard of, like Carcasone, or Settlers of Cataan, Axis and Allies, or Twilight Imperium, or Cheap Ass Games like Unexploded Cow. That and for the second month in a row, I'm going to get a phatty phatty bonus because our store hit goal anyway, so woot. And I get to play Magic if we're slow, so I'm going in this morning and more than likely the manager and I are going to play a game or two.

The Got Wood sale is hilarious too, if it's Got Wood, it's 20% off. It's fun telling people about that.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Monica
posted 08-06-2005 01:20:33 PM
quote:
Byrnie attempted to be funny by writing:
Ha ha my DM has fogotten I exist about 4 times, every time I meet her she introduces herself to me like I've never seen her before.

You guys have that two for one bullshit too?

Yup. Apparently one of the other stores in our district sold like 80 of them last night and now my DM is going psycho and our store director can't leave until we sell 50 of them today. The DM is making her have everyone come in early just to sell these things (and then at next week's meeting she's going to chew out my store director for going over on labor). I don't know how the fuck we're supposed to do that. We barely managed to top out at 10 last night.

And then they still expect us to sell the shit out of bundles as well. THEY'RE ON CRACK.

Monica
posted 08-06-2005 01:36:28 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Peter wrote:

All Retail jobs Blow.

Anything would be better than what we're dealing with right now... they expect us to have insanely high sales with a skeleton crew and to stay under on labor while doing it. They don't seem to understand that we cannot deal with all the fucking business we get if we can't properly staff our store. Plus you can only upsell so much before you're just doing it to all your repeat business, who'll either have what you're selling already or not be interested.

PLUS at least I would get paid better at Best Buy. I am fucking "management" at Hollywood and I make 6.25/hour.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-06-2005 01:39:47 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Monica gently hums:
I am fucking "management" at Hollywood and I make 6.25/hour.

CNN just ran a story that women who use sex in an attempt to get ahead in the workplace end up in lower income brackets than women who don't. So quit fucking management and start working for a living!

I kid--wubjoo!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Monica
posted 08-06-2005 01:42:07 PM

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-06-2005 01:55:44 PM

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Khyron
posted 08-06-2005 02:02:08 PM
I don't get to start taking sales for another week or so, but when I do, woooooo!

I'm seeing everyone around me making $10,000 sales on a decent day. The things I could do with another hundred bucks a day...

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-06-2005 02:14:33 PM
quote:
In a disastrous attempt to be funny and clever, Peter wrote:

All Retail jobs Blow.

My retail job owns.

$16 an hour to stand about ordering my subordinates around and surfing the internet. As long as I give them a copious amount of breaks, everyone is happy.

hey
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: