EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's the best practical joke that you have ever seen?
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 07-28-2005 10:17:55 PM
Or heard of? My faviorte is one that a local radio station put on back in the 90's on april fool's day, convincing a good number of people that the discovery shuttle was coming down at our air port. Even made #30 on the Muesem of hoaxes 100 best april fools day. More then a 1,000 people showed up for it.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 07-28-2005 10:53:43 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Death of Rats wrote:
Or heard of? My faviorte is one that a local radio station put on back in the 90's on april fool's day, convincing a good number of people that the discovery shuttle was coming down at our air port. Even made #30 on the Muesem of hoaxes 100 best april fools day. More then a 1,000 people showed up for it.

My local rasio station called the governor's wife and told her that her husband had been killed and instead of calling the police, or her husbands office, she called the local news station and reported it... it was on the news for about 2 hours before the governor knew about it.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 07-28-2005 11:20:38 PM
Oh man, when I was like..8 I wanna say, I put garlic powder in my mom's coffee creamer pot. BOY WAS THAT FUNNY.

I'm still not allowed to play jokes on April Fools Day

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 07-28-2005 11:36:41 PM
Jean Chretien (former Canadian PM, pretty weird-sounding guy) prank-calling people on the radio station.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-29-2005 12:41:23 AM
When Britney Spears was killed in a car accident.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Alaan
posted 07-29-2005 12:44:00 AM
quote:
Densetsu thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
When Britney Spears was killed in a car accident.

Winner.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 07-29-2005 01:56:11 AM
quote:
Alaan was listening to Cher while typing:
Winner.

Do we still have that site up?

to drys for he is

Skaw
posted 07-29-2005 06:37:58 AM
quote:
Y.O.T.C stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Do we still have that site up?

to drys for he is

Giggidy giggidy giggidy.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-29-2005 11:15:16 AM
My favorite is still the bunch of guys who messed with the guy they worked with who was playing "Majestic"
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 07-29-2005 11:39:44 AM
quote:
This one time, at Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael camp:
My favorite is still the bunch of guys who messed with the guy they worked with who was playing "Majestic"

You mean these two?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 07-29-2005 12:05:55 PM
Drysart making Parcelan a mod.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 07-29-2005 12:09:05 PM
quote:
Jargum, alone in the world and surrounded by danger on every turn, still managed to type this:
You mean these two?

Hahaha...that was amazing.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 07-29-2005 12:15:28 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Gunslinger Moogle:
Hahaha...that was amazing.

Yeah, those are easily the funniest two Daily Victims.

With this coming in a close third.

Sean
posted 07-30-2005 07:13:41 PM
I think Metal Gear Solid Freestyle wins simply because of the title.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-30-2005 07:28:35 PM
quote:
No, I opted for plan B. I crept to the door, peeked out, did a cartwheel across the hallway, then climbed up a filing cabinet in the reference library so that I could slip unseen into the ceiling crawlspace above.

I have a hard time imagining Solid Snake doing a cartwheel. Especially if he follows it up with a "ta da!"

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 07-30-2005 08:20:19 PM
Piltdown Man
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 07-30-2005 08:21:18 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop was listening to Cher while typing:
I have a hard time imagining Solid Snake doing a cartwheel. Especially if he follows it up with a "ta da!"

after seeing the msg4 trailer on x-play, i'm not so sure if i'd have a hard time imagining that...

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-31-2005 02:06:11 AM
My vote goes to War of the Worlds. The original, of course.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

frolicking imp
Pancake
posted 08-01-2005 06:59:58 PM
That bonsai kittent thing, just for its longevity. That site has been up for years and people are still thinking its real and even signing petitions against it.

www.bonsaikitten.com

*A Nypmh hits you and steals your virginity*
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-01-2005 07:04:07 PM
quote:
Bloodsage is attacking the darkness!
Since "or heard of" is allowed, I concur.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-02-2005 04:31:12 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote this stupid crap:

True, but that wasn't intentional, and one could argue that it was the listener's fault for not tuning in early enough.

Still, if it was meant to be a joke, it'd be one of the best.

Skaw
posted 08-03-2005 04:59:07 AM
quote:
Kennatsu had this to say about pies:
after seeing the msg4 trailer on x-play, i'm not so sure if i'd have a hard time imagining that...

Konami actually making a Fourth without Kojima doing any hands-on work with the series anymore is a good Practical Joke

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: