EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: If you're feeling adventurous...
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 07-18-2005 05:34:45 AM
HanGame is really popular over here. You play minigames and buy stuff for your avatar, basically.

The link is the registration form. It's incredibly straightforward. The first blank is for ID, next 2 are password, then one for gender (left is male, right is female), birthday, mail address (enter twice), prefecture (choose foreign country at the very bottom if US), then whether they can email you (left is email me, right is do not email me), then where you heard about it (I just picked the first option, which is saw a tv commercial, but I think the bottom is option is equivalent to n/a), and then finally pick your occupation (good luck there, but the really long one about 6 from the bottom is college student, and other types of student are below that one). After entering, pick the left box, click ok on the box that comes up, and then click the box below your entered info. Check your email, click the long url with a sequence of numbers and letters to confirm the account, then click the green button in the link that comes up. You are now in hangame!

Let me know your ID and if you need help with anything.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 07-18-2005 05:41:46 AM
Oh, right, watashi no namae wa Cptmath desu.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Snugglits
posted 07-18-2005 06:01:37 AM
Click

That should help you get started.

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 07-18-2005 at 06:02 AM.

nem-x
posted 07-18-2005 07:13:50 AM
This is stupid. You're stupid.
Crezia
Pancake
posted 07-18-2005 01:40:33 PM
Japanese Gaia Online with more minigames. Uh-huh...
Snugglits
posted 07-18-2005 02:44:31 PM
Testing Japanese non-Unicode support.

Nope, it's just plain old gibberish.

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 07-18-2005 at 02:45 PM.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 07-18-2005 05:12:23 PM
This seems pretty awesome, is there an OS X client?
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-18-2005 06:45:51 PM
I seem to be stuck...

I've filled in everything, and I click the left box, a window pops up, I click OK then...nothing happens...

OtakuPenguin
posted 07-18-2005 07:19:53 PM
Oh right...e-mail address
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 07-18-2005 07:28:03 PM
Didn't Elspeth go to Japan for a year on some foreign exchange program? Maybe she can help you with the Japanese.
OtakuPenguin
posted 07-18-2005 08:10:37 PM
quote:
Snoota thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Didn't Elspeth go to Japan for a year on some foreign exchange program? Maybe she can help you with the Japanese.

Creating a pointless thread insulting me wasn't enough?

Man Snoota, do you get off trying to prove your superiourity?

Just make sure to tell me when you're done bashing me for no reason. kthnx.

OtakuPenguin fucked around with this message on 07-18-2005 at 08:11 PM.

Suddar
posted 07-18-2005 11:06:12 PM
Hey Waisz, how's the Japan thing been working out? Has there been an immersion factor or is everything presented to you in English? How much Japanese have you picked up? How hard is it?

How is Japan anyway? Hope you're having fun.

Snugglits
posted 07-19-2005 12:53:20 AM
quote:
Suddar was listening to Cher while typing:
Hey Waisz, how's the Japan thing been working out? Has there been an immersion factor or is everything presented to you in English? How much Japanese have you picked up? How hard is it?

How is Japan anyway? Hope you're having fun.

日本が大好きです。

It's been a great trip. This is my last week in Hiroshima. Next week is Tokyo, then Osaka/Kyoto for another week (during which I will be joined by my parents). I am looking forward to the excitement of Toyko, but at the same time I don't want to leave the volunteer students I've met here at the university. They're a great bunch.

The immersion factor is fairly real. I haven't been able to do a few things on my own because I couldn't understand, so I had to say sorry and walk off from, for example, a media cafe. English has been an option for a fair deal of things but often the volunteer students use Japanese first. I've picked up a rather fair amount of Japanese, I would say, but certainly I am far from being able to even do all simple transactions at businesses. And deep conversations are pretty much right out.

Japanese isn't very hard to learn, but since it isn't latin-based, vocab takes forever to build for me. I just need lots and lots of vocab.

Japan is awesome, though pricey. Japanese people are great; they're always having a good time.

I both regret that I must leave eventually and look forward to my return home. Eventually, I'll sort through the 2gb madness of photos...

Snugglits
posted 07-19-2005 11:04:21 AM
Plus, there's the regular drunkenness.

Oh, it's so much fun.

OtakuPenguin
posted 07-19-2005 01:48:23 PM
So how does one navigate and buy things? Or just...play, esentially? I can't really get around very well.

What does the DING DONG in chat mean?

Snugglits
posted 07-21-2005 12:46:37 AM

Found by clicking the second tab at the top. Translated what I thought would be pertinent.

I haven't got to the point where I can afford anything yet, so no idea on buying.

I have mostly been playing the RPGs. If anyone is interested in free RPGs that are like RO, let me know and I will make picture guides to them.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: