EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Statesman must have opened a new Nerf mine.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 07-15-2005 10:43:24 PM
So... Issue 5 is on test.

All I have to say, looking at the changes, is Holy FUCK. It's like everything, including the villains, must have shit in Statesman's cereal.

Defense has been lowered across the board, as well as several resistance powers as well. Everyone's defensive powers have been lowered across the board, and some powers took an especially heavy hit. On the other hand, all villain levels except for Arch Villains have had their accuracy lowered a bit to balance that out a little.

Circle of Thorns must have raped Statesman's grandma, because their higher level mobs got hit with the new nerf brand nuclear warhead.

Regen has had the healing of Integration nerfed, and Instant Healing has been changed to a click power instead of a toggle. Oh yeah, it's got a long recharge too.

Taunt has been seriously nerfed. No more than five enemies can be taunted at a time.

Controller control powers have had their endurance costs doubled, while halving their duration. Pets have also been altered so that multiple pets can no longer be spawned. To make up for this, mobs suffering from holds, sleeps, and other control effects suffer double damage from the controller. Because we all know that controllers actually attack.

Most power pools have had their secondary effects such as defense lowered. Stealth got especially nailed by having its defensive bonus removed when attacking for a period of several seconds afterwards.

On the other hand, scrappers are getting a power boost for all of their attacks. Blasters are getting the defiance system implimented. Any blaster who's willing to dance with debt is capable of getting 40, 80, 160, 320, and even 500% based upon how low their hitpoints drop.

This is going to be some bloody testing before it goes to the live servers...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-15-2005 11:03:31 PM
Are the new power sets on the test server yet?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-15-2005 11:09:38 PM
I had actually concidered Re-Installing and going back to Guardian (Assuming Envenom is even still there, they do any Character wipes or anything?) but after reading that, no fucking way. Evenom was a controller, and the last thing I needed was gimping my defences even MORE.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-15-2005 11:40:59 PM
The blaster changes rock. Extra damage as you lose HP, more HP and raised damage caps.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 07-16-2005 12:05:50 AM
quote:
JooJooFlop stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
The blaster changes rock. Extra damage as you lose HP, more HP and raised damage caps.

Edit: I approve of Blaster changes

Noxhil2 fucked around with this message on 07-16-2005 at 12:09 AM.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 07-16-2005 12:24:44 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Faelynn LeAndris:
I had actually concidered Re-Installing and going back to Guardian (Assuming Envenom is even still there, they do any Character wipes or anything?) but after reading that, no fucking way. Evenom was a controller, and the last thing I needed was gimping my defences even MORE.

No character wipes at all, so your characters will still be there.

And having played around with a copied level 16 Grav Controller and a level 25 Illusion controller, I found that the defensive nerfs arent really that big of a hit for a controller when grouped... but it's gone from difficult to nigh impossible to solo as a controller/defender now it seems... most other power sets do not appear to have had much of a solo-ibilty change from the defence nerf...

Although I do question whether the defence changes were necessary in the first place.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 07-16-2005 12:26:42 AM
I'm on dialup, so I probably won't be trying things out until at LEAST tommorrow evening.

That being said... my main is a Super Reflexes scrapper. I get the distinct impression that my universe is going to consist of a lot more pain and debt.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-16-2005 12:34:05 AM
Hey cool, my entire build for Thorny Bob as a Regen scrapper got shot!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-16-2005 12:53:52 AM
I'm worried now that with the way blasters and defense in general was nerfed that I'll have to stay in "defiance" mode the whole time on missions just to defeat mobs.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 07-16-2005 01:16:10 AM
After all the shit I've endured while playing CoH, the Hami nerfs, regen nerfs, blasters getting the shaft, by far this is the worst I've ever seen for this game. The defiance system is good, but the thing about that is, the only time you hit the damage cap with it is if you are below tem percent HP. I don't know about you, but I don't ever want to be that low while engaging a mob. Tanks are essentially worthless, as they have a harder time holding aggro. The main reason that they did this was to get rid of herding, as CP even stated in the first post. While a choice few do herd(I do on occation), they basically ruined the entire game for everyone. Full auto, the best attack a AR blaster get's got shafted, as it only works on a max of 5 enemies now, nova got the shaft, as it can only effect up to 16 enemies. All ranged AE only effect 10 units. I have yet to copy my blaster to the test server, but by the sounds of it, that means that me keeping RoF as a run away tool is useless.

Fuck you devs, fuck you.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 07-16-2005 01:21:34 AM
quote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del's account was hax0red to write:
Fuck you devs, fuck you.

This is pretty much how I feel right now, but I'm not giving up yet. These changes need to be tested. Everyone, EVERYONE needs to get onto test so that these things can be datamined.

If these changes hurt solo play enough, they'll have to be retooled. And if they're not... then A, the problems aren't too bad, or B, there will be quite a bit of people leaving because of them. Not many people are happy with the nerfs, even with the accompanying buffs.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 07-16-2005 01:30:09 AM
quote:
Mooj was listening to Cher while typing:
This is pretty much how I feel right now, but I'm not giving up yet. These changes need to be tested. Everyone, EVERYONE needs to get onto test so that these things can be datamined.

If these changes hurt solo play enough, they'll have to be retooled. And if they're not... then A, the problems aren't too bad, or B, there will be quite a bit of people leaving because of them. Not many people are happy with the nerfs, even with the accompanying buffs.

I plan on doing an extensive test of these new changes. But I still have 2 hours as I formatted my computer and need to get my test server thingie back.

Mightion Defensor
posted 07-16-2005 01:42:03 AM
Horry shit.

You mean my tanker might not be able to stand there with TI+Invincibility+Unyielding and solo purples anymore as easily?

They did add Toxic protection to Resist Elements though... though I haven't played in a while... something about village phases, banking xp, and so forth has kept me a bit occupied...

But yeah, this does look to be a bit of a nerf hammer.

I have Hasten on Capt. Highvolt, but I sure as hell wasn't using it as a defense buff, though I do use Hover frequently for the defense bonus.

As for Defiance, if Highvolt's health starts getting near half, I'm popping greens, damage bonus or no damage bonus.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-16-2005 01:50:22 AM
The stealth defensive bonus being removed when attacking; does that only work for the specific stealth power, or is it for all stealth-like powers (Re: Blaster/Devices/Cloaking Device)?
Tier
posted 07-16-2005 02:14:09 AM
Hey, look my character wouldn't be affected at all!
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 07-16-2005 02:48:15 AM
quote:
Asha'man had this to say about John Romero:

I thought you quit after the trial.

But, yeah, the changes I find especially stupid are the AoE limits (the concept is fine, the limits are too low) and the controller changes. Wow, the one time I would ever cast on a mob to do damage was to finish it off... how stupid.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-16-2005 03:00:39 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Cuba:
The stealth defensive bonus being removed when attacking; does that only work for the specific stealth power, or is it for all stealth-like powers (Re: Blaster/Devices/Cloaking Device)?

Seems to be just that power.

Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 07-16-2005 03:10:04 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Delphi Aegis said this:

I think it's only conealment pool. It doesn't appear that cloaking device was affected.

Tier
posted 07-16-2005 03:45:56 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived El Cuchillo stammered:
I thought you quit after the trial.

No time.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-16-2005 04:35:28 AM
It's a good thing that my regen scrapper is already 50, otherwise she'd never be.
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 07-16-2005 11:51:09 AM
quote:
Asha'man impressed everyone with:

Mine either, even though my main is a tanker I rarely use taunt

Delphi Aegis
posted 07-16-2005 12:47:22 PM
It seems that my cloaking device's "hum" shuts off after I attack, and turns back on again about when I get my fly speed back. Sigh.

Also, for everybody who missed the halloween events, the badges for killing the pumpkins and Eochai and all that (I assume) are re-attainable with the new lakefront resort they opened. Plenty of new ones, as well.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 07-16-2005 12:53:54 PM
Are the witches to be found anywhere?
Delphi Aegis
posted 07-16-2005 12:56:05 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah JooJooFlop blah blah blah...
Are the witches to be found anywhere?

I found some Cabal, but there's hundreds of people on the test server in that zone; For whatever reason it hasn't hit the instance cap to spawn a second (I think because there are monster spawns), and I got disconnected from map server.

Talonus
Loner
posted 07-17-2005 12:23:06 PM
Just a thought. Perhaps they're rebalancing all of this in prep for CoV PvP balancing. Under CoH's current combat system, holds would last forever and players would be able to last for forever and a day without being killed. Under the new system, this would be balanced out... at the expense of making PvE harder. If this is the case, one would expect them to make further balancing upwards in further patches or once CoV is released.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-17-2005 03:30:59 PM
"Alright Statesman, show us where the bad players touched you"
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 07-17-2005 05:12:59 PM
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-17-2005 05:20:36 PM
Though after playing for a bit on the test server, I can safely say that sonic blast and defiance are the cat's pajamas.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 07-18-2005 10:43:51 AM
Ahahahaha, Herding still lives! Though the Devs did nerf taunt, so much in fact that I can't hold aggro at all, but the fact of the matter is, that it is still possible to herd. Sonic And archery are pretty cool, but I dont' like the consistancy of Trick Arrows, their powers seem to be scattered between blasters, defenders, and controllers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: