EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: hay guys
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-29-2005 10:17:18 AM
I'm pretty sure some internet services scramble your IP so that it's constantly something different...is there a program you can run for a similar effect?
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Maradon!
posted 06-29-2005 10:21:44 AM
Your IP is assigned to your computer by your ISP's hardware, not by anything on your own computer.

In short, no.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 06-29-2005 at 10:22 AM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-29-2005 10:23:58 AM
Oh, okay. Thanks.
Maradon!
posted 06-29-2005 10:26:56 AM
It's a slim chance, but you can call your ISP and request a dynamic IP.

Most places usually charge a fee for a static IP, so going in the other direction shouldn't be a big deal, however some ISP's (bellsouth) are weird about it.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-29-2005 10:39:20 AM
I hate Bellsouth >.< They're just about the only cable/DSL that actually services where I am, so I ordered it...over a month and my frikkin DSL modem still isn't here. Called and yelled at them on a couple of different occasions about it and still nothing so for now I get to have tons of fun on my dialup that's currently going *Looks* 31.2 kbps.
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 06-29-2005 08:59:00 PM
I suppose you could go look for an open proxy somewhere. If you talk to the proxy over SSL and you're sure the proxy doesn't give out any information, you can probably achieve the effect you're after.
Maradon!
posted 06-29-2005 09:07:04 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Iulius Czar booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I suppose you could go look for an open proxy somewhere. If you talk to the proxy over SSL and you're sure the proxy doesn't give out any information, you can probably achieve the effect you're after.

That's a pretty huge pain in the ass to go through just to eliminate the incredibly slim chance of someone hax0ring his megahurtz forcing him to reformat and costing him all of his valuable save games.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: