EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Am I the Only One...
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-23-2005 03:35:47 AM
Who really likes the new CoH comics?

War Witch, Apex, and Horus bugged the everloving shit out of me, and I'm glad they're gone.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-23-2005 04:15:43 AM
I wasn't too fond of the characters in the first set.

I'm liking the new stuff alot more. I'm really liking Manticore. Statesman is an ass, but I like that, too. He's too perfect in too many other ways to not come across as one.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-23-2005 08:11:42 AM
I liked War Witch, but Apex and Horus made me want to gouge my eyes out with my keyboard.

As for the new comics.. they're definitely showing a lot of potential. The story isn't how I would have started a new comic series, but they seem to be handling it pretty well.

Plus, seeing Manticore plug Statesman in the chest was pretty damn cool.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-23-2005 09:37:16 AM
I haven't gotten a comic from them since I moved. My address is updated and everything!
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 06-23-2005 10:07:20 AM
The problem I found with the old comics was that they were out of sync with the game. For a level 15 scrapper, why were they fighting the carnival of shadows?
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 06-23-2005 10:43:34 AM
quote:
Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote this stupid crap:
The problem I found with the old comics was that they were out of sync with the game. For a level 15 scrapper, why were they fighting the carnival of shadows?

Because they were cheating.

That or it was just a crappy comic. I know i didn't really like it.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-23-2005 11:37:34 AM
quote:
Mooj Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I liked War Witch, but Apex and Horus made me want to gouge my eyes out with my keyboard.

As for the new comics.. they're definitely showing a lot of potential. The story isn't how I would have started a new comic series, but they seem to be handling it pretty well.

Plus, seeing Manticore plug Statesman in the chest was pretty damn cool.

That was indeed cool, though I also liked where he threatened to shoot Positron to blow everyone up. That and the line "Synapse, ordinarily the fastest human alive, is moving with all the grace of a constipated rhino... and Positron's armor has all the structural integrity of a '72 Chevy Nova." was great

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 06-23-2005 01:34:18 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Ctrl-Alt-Del said:

The same reason that D&D-based fiction makes no reference to hit points, D20s, or prestige classes.

/bonk

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: