EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Quick Scrapper question
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-21-2005 01:43:26 PM
Back when CoH was new, it was said that Super Reflexes was a practically unplayable secondary power set for Scrappers. I've heard that since then, Super Reflexes was fixed, and then broken again.

So my question is thus: Would I completely regret taking Reflexes, and be unable to be effective in the game?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Noxhil2
Pancake
posted 06-21-2005 01:51:45 PM
No.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-21-2005 01:52:11 PM
Supposedly, Super Reflexes is supposed to be fine in everything but boss (archvillian) fights. Against normal bad guys, it does what it is supposed to do. But boss enemies have more accuracy regardless of super dodging powers of SR.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-21-2005 01:56:15 PM
AFAIK, Abbi never had a problem as a Claws/Super Reflexes Scrapper.. apart from how slowly she plays, and how much time she spends soloing..
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-21-2005 02:00:10 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Knight Rider:
Supposedly, Super Reflexes is supposed to be fine in everything but boss (archvillian) fights. Against normal bad guys, it does what it is supposed to do. But boss enemies have more accuracy regardless of super dodging powers of SR.

That's good to hear. I have several character ideas that work best with Reflexes, but I didn't want to spend time getting up in levels only to be unable to do missions or even patrol the streets because my secondary powerset would be almost non-existent.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-21-2005 02:07:56 PM
Don't take my word on it, though I remember seeing that in several posts when I was looking for some good builds.

Most scrappers take Invul or Regen but Super Reflexes is supposedly not that bad if you're aware of it's few short comings compared to the other two more commonly used sets.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-21-2005 03:44:59 PM
My MA/SR scrapper has been at invincible since her inception, and is currently halfway through 12. She solos most of her missions. I ALMOST soloed Frostfire.

So no, it's not gimped.

Edit: Basically what these others are saying is right. ALL of SR's strength is not getting hit in the first place. But if you DO get hit, it hurts like hell and, outside of dipping into Health and Tough from the power pools, you have no damage mitigation.

But well slotted you can get some pretty damn high DEF%.

El Cuchillo fucked around with this message on 06-21-2005 at 03:51 PM.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 06-21-2005 03:53:35 PM
My friend doesn't play his level 50 scrapper anymore, because he says without perma elude, he can't take out AVs anymore. Though I think if you take tough and weave, you would be fine.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-21-2005 03:58:03 PM
got a lv 29 ma/sr myself.. had no problems with him whatsoever.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-21-2005 04:59:57 PM
About the only things that really give SR scrappers problems is archvillains and giant monsters. Though the same is true with regen scrappers too, albeit for slightly different reasons. The SR isn't able to tank an AV (though no scrapper should be in the first place, against AVs scrappers are there for damage) because the AVs high accuracy and SRs lack of damage mitigation will make him/her a spandex-clad smear. With regen, the problem is that they'll hit hard enough to 1 or 2 shot the scrapper, doing damage too quickly to be regenerated. I'd imagine invuln scrappers do a bit better so long as they have a healer for backup. Dark Armor I know nothing about.

SR scrappers do well against higher end minions and lieutenants with annoying abilities (endurance drain, acc debuffs, resist debuffs, etc.) since most of the time they won't even be hit, whereas a regen or invuln scrapper gets hit and debuffed since their sets focus more on getting hit and either healing or reducing damage.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 06-21-2005 at 05:43 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: