EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: We owned Statesman, well, sort of
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 06-17-2005 11:30:44 PM
Well, after months of taking out ArchVillian after ArchVillian, we finally worked our way to the Final fight. We amassed in front of the portal, ready to take down the villian who has plagued Paragon City for years, Tyrant, the pretorian version of Statesman.

We went in, prepared for anything. Tyrant knew we were coming it seems, so he sent an escourt. We said hi, and then kicked their butts. But that was not all. Maria Jenkins wanted us to close off this dimension from our own, permanent like. We were to take out 4 dimensional warp creators, and she gave me the access codes to do it.

We knew that Tyrant would have a large lair, but we were not prepared for what we saw. The hero statues we have in paragon, Tyrant has in his lair, only we assumed that they were villians.

Lo and behold, we found Tyrant, who was quite menacing. His armour alone we very impressive. And he knew we were coming, and tried to get us to join his side. We would not listen, and he got pissed.

We had to get ready, and so did he.

And so the fight of our lives began. axes clashed against steel. Fire rained down, while bolts of lightning flew. Tyrant put up a good fight, and 2 of us fell as he used his superstrength and punched the defenders in the gut, knocking them out. Our sheer tenacity and zeal proved to much for Tyrant, and he fell, just like his LTs, the other pretorian leaders.

And for fun, and to add insult to defeat, we took a seat in his chair. Those 2 lovely ladies are my bodyguards

Yet another Archvillian stopped by the forces of the Altered Realities supergroup.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 06-17-2005 11:47:46 PM
Le woot!

EDIT: Ha ha, well played, double post filter. Anyway, didn't this character used to be called the Reichsman? And if so, why did NCSoft deem it necessary to purge CoH of all Nazi-related nemeses?

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 06-17-2005 at 11:49 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-17-2005 11:51:05 PM
For a final boss, that's pretty underwhelming.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-17-2005 11:52:50 PM
It would be cooler if his minions wern't the losers from the tutorial.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-17-2005 11:57:10 PM
Man is that ever one anti-climatic looking boss. Being surrounded by common street thugs doesn't help either
Malbi
posted 06-17-2005 11:57:46 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan spewed forth this undeniable truth:
For a final boss, that's pretty underwhelming.

underwhelming? you see that throne? that just screams evil mastermind!

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-18-2005 12:00:25 AM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Robocop:
underwhelming? you see that throne? that just screams evil mastermind!

I saw a mildly impressive Power Rangers-esque villain appearing to do some kind of hand jive with a bunch of lame-ass thugs.

I mean, Ragnaros is an end boss in WoW and he's fucking fifty feet tall and made out of pure fire.

Onyxia is a gigantic fucking dragon.

Blackwing's going to be another gigantic fucking dragon.

IT'S PSYCHOTIC.

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 06-18-2005 12:01:54 AM
I always thought they said Hamidon was the final boss*The dreaded glowing orb of DOOOOOOM*
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-18-2005 12:08:27 AM
So underwhelmed.

I'd make a better boss.

Steven Steve
posted 06-18-2005 12:24:14 AM
Haha that really is pathetic, especially considering the 10 foot demons and 50 foot killer robot tank mechs that populate that game.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mightion Defensor
posted 06-18-2005 02:06:04 AM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Sentow, Maybe did read;
Le woot!

EDIT: Ha ha, well played, double post filter. Anyway, didn't this character used to be called the Reichsman? And if so, why did NCSoft deem it necessary to purge CoH of all Nazi-related nemeses?

Simple. They had to in order to be able to sell the game in Europe.

Europe has bad memories of Naziizm.

Maradon!
posted 06-18-2005 03:09:22 AM

"They attempted to sway us to their side with a rousing musical number.

But no matter how fresh their moves, our resolve was absolute."

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 06-18-2005 at 03:09 AM.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 06-18-2005 03:18:33 AM
I laughed too hard at that Maradon
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-18-2005 03:24:24 AM
Yeah.... City of Heroes has issues with its villains.

Tyrant is fresh off the short bus.

Hamidon is a giant lump of protoplasm. I'm serious. It is a giant cell, with the nucleous being the Hamidon itself, with its mitochondria and electrolytes and lysosomes being its protectors. The encounter is in a public zone so everyone swarms it. And hitting it once is a guaranteed enhancement (equivalent of loot) which is massively more powerful than any other enhancements in game.

I hope they do better in City of Villains.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-18-2005 03:28:41 AM
That sucks. I saw Dr. Vazhilok or whatever and he looked pretty badass. What's the deal here.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-18-2005 03:29:47 AM
quote:
How.... Sakkra.... uughhhhhh:
Yeah.... City of Heroes has issues with its villains.

Tyrant is fresh off the short bus.

Hamidon is a giant lump of protoplasm. I'm serious. It is a giant cell, with the nucleous being the Hamidon itself, with its mitochondria and electrolytes and lysosomes being its protectors. The encounter is in a public zone so everyone swarms it. And hitting it once is a guaranteed enhancement (equivalent of loot) which is massively more powerful than any other enhancements in game.

I hope they do better in City of Villains.

They're nerfing them so they don't give +50% anymore to two attributes, just the SO equivalent 33% to two. So they're still better, but only because they improve two facets of a power (Say, dam/acc or hold/end or whatever), rather then give an insane percentage boost.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-18-2005 03:36:30 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan obviously shouldn't have said:
That sucks. I saw Dr. Vazhilok or whatever and he looked pretty badass. What's the deal here.

Dr. Vahzilok is cool. He's the only archvillain in the game that I can think of who's not a generic human aside from the Clockwork King. The tragedy is that two of the coolest archvillains are also the 2 lowest level AVs in the game (unless you count the alternate dimension version of the Clockwork King).

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pancake
posted 06-18-2005 10:15:41 AM
Yea, Tyrant was a bit underwhelming. I mean, we had more trouble against Infernal, since we wanted some fun, we left the portal open. It get's interesting when 150+ Demons and an ArchVillian capable of killing a scrapper in one hit are attacking at the same time.

Though I did like fighting her. Her name is Dominatrix, and she has a whip.

Maradon!
posted 06-19-2005 06:13:03 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Sakkra booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Dr. Vahzilok is cool. He's the only archvillain in the game that I can think of who's not a generic human aside from the Clockwork King. The tragedy is that two of the coolest archvillains are also the 2 lowest level AVs in the game (unless you count the alternate dimension version of the Clockwork King).

He actually is a generic human, just in a meat-suit.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 06-19-2005 04:23:53 PM
Just figured that I'd point out that Reichsman and Tyrant are not the same people. Reichsman was soundly thrashed when he tried to invade Paragon City, and he's in stasis at SERAPH, I'm pretty sure.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-19-2005 05:22:40 PM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Duck Tales:
Just figured that I'd point out that Reichsman and Tyrant are not the same people. Reichsman was soundly thrashed when he tried to invade Paragon City, and he's in stasis at SERAPH, I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, Reichsman is pretty much a mindless berserker with similar powers to Statesman; Tyrant is an alternate dimension version of Statesman.

Maradon!
posted 06-20-2005 07:10:53 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Sakkra who doth quote:
Yeah, Reichsman is pretty much a mindless berserker with similar powers to Statesman

Kinda like how Young Nasty Man is rival and arch nemesis to Wonderboy and has powers comparable to Wonderboy's.

What kind of powers, you ask? Well how about the power of flight, that do anything for ya?

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-20-2005 07:22:07 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Kinda like how Young Nasty Man is rival and arch nemesis to Wonderboy and has powers comparable to Wonderboy's.

What kind of powers, you ask? Well how about the power of flight, that do anything for ya?

Being able to fly in a super-powered world isn't exactly anything special. It's like the power to read. Sure they're both immensely useful, but neither is going to impress anyone.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 06-20-2005 09:33:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

MIND BULLETS!

Maradon!
posted 06-21-2005 12:25:04 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Dr. Gee who doth quote:
MIND BULLETS!

That's telekinesis, Kyle.

How about the power... to move you

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-21-2005 03:59:44 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Sakkra was all like:
Being able to fly in a super-powered world isn't exactly anything special. It's like the power to read. Sure they're both immensely useful, but neither is going to impress anyone.

*watches as the joke soars right over Sakkra's head like a low flying 747*

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Tier
posted 06-21-2005 05:29:24 PM
So like, I was about to log in yesterday, but it all went "Your account expired hurr hurr hurr" :((
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-21-2005 08:39:05 PM
So pay the $15! If you used a buddy code, you don't have to buy the boxed game. (Something I only found out AFTER I'd wasted $30, thankfully I got a refund.)
Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: