EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Funky Tut
Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 06-17-2005 10:28:47 PM
An unearthed classic.

He gave his life... for tourism.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-17-2005 10:35:44 PM
I have that album. In vinyl.

I also have that song on my iPod; it's a classic.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Xergen Von Scintillation
Pancake
posted 06-17-2005 11:56:37 PM
i have the record too.... I just dont have a player anymore.
"No I will not polymorph you into a solar..... again."
Average events in Kat's D&D game.
"<Charra> Xergen realizes she has nothing productive to add so makes sure both balls are on the iron beast and flys over to loot the rogue."
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-18-2005 12:40:29 AM
quote:
Bloodsage obviously shouldn't have said:
I have that album. In vinyl.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-18-2005 12:54:19 AM
I need to get the "Omelette du Frommage" routine electronically so I can bring it in to my French instructors.

quote:
It's like they have a different word for everything!

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-18-2005 02:00:03 AM
Now I wish I had a record player.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-18-2005 01:01:23 PM
Ah, the good ole days, back when Steve Martin was "only" a stand-up comedian. I used to love when he and Dan Aykroyd did their sketchs as the Czech Brothers. Good stuff.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-18-2005 01:49:35 PM
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-18-2005 01:52:53 PM
If anybody tried that routine now, they'd be sued by the Eastern European Anti-Defamation League or somesuch.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-18-2005 02:00:55 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Bloodsage's junta released this statement:
If anybody tried that routine now, they'd be sued by the Eastern European Anti-Defamation League or somesuch.

Nah, Eastern Europeans are the only acceptable stereotype or mock and/or villify anymore. Just look at any movie involving terrorists in the last 5 years; they're all vaguely Eastern European, with possibly some disaffected Chinese kung-fu badass thrown into the mix.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-18-2005 04:44:37 PM
But it will always be acceptable to take on the Nazis. They're like the Bad Guy gift that keeps on giving!
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Demos
Pancake
posted 06-18-2005 05:26:48 PM
quote:
Callalron spewed forth this undeniable truth:
But it will always be acceptable to take on the Nazis. They're like the Bad Guy gift that keeps on giving!

That and all you have to do for a contemporary setting is just slap Neo on the front of nazi. Endless supply of universally reviled bad guys.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: