EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Why?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-13-2005 11:38:48 PM
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-13-2005 11:59:15 PM
YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!!!
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Goma
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:06:54 AM
FOR-EV-ER.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-14-2005 12:08:42 AM
quote:
Goma had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
FOR-EV-ER.

Nonono, FOR-EH-VER.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-14-2005 12:09:16 AM
No, this is pain. Why does he keep agreeing do do these?
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-14-2005 12:10:33 AM
wait... and there's a remake of 'The Love Bug' that's being released in less than 2 weeks?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-14-2005 12:12:07 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
wait... and there's a remake of 'The Love Bug' that's being released in less than 2 weeks?

I don't think it's a remake, just another sequel.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:16:57 AM
quote:
This one time, at Random Insanity Generator camp:
No, this is pain. Why does he keep agreeing do do these?

Well honestly, when was the last time you saw Christopher Lambert in something other than a Highlander flick? There was Mortal Kombat... uh...

Man's gotta keep food on his table somehow.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
UBT
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:28:20 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe's account was hax0red to write:
Well honestly, when was the last time you saw Christopher Lambert in something other than a Highlander flick? There was Mortal Kombat... uh...

Man's gotta keep food on his table somehow.

Christopher Lambert's character Connor died in the last Highlander movie. This is Duncan from the TV show.

Also, I believe Christopher Lambert was in a movie about his girlfriend being killed by Ninja's and he became a Samurai to help defeat them. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Goma
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:32:54 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by JooJooFlop:
Nonono, FOR-EH-VER.

Close enough for me, Mr. Phonetics :P

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-14-2005 12:34:19 AM
quote:
UBT wrote this stupid crap:
Christopher Lambert's character Connor died in the last Highlander movie. This is Duncan from the TV show.

Also, I believe Christopher Lambert was in a movie about his girlfriend being killed by Ninja's and he became a Samurai to help defeat them. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

I can't remember the name of the movie, but it's a little different that your description... He never fully committed himself, but he managed to get revenge anyway.

And that's the part I'm wondering about. Connor is dead. Therefor WHO or WHAT THE FUCK is he supposed to be now? God I'm hoping it's not some cheapass Jedi Ghost bullshit.

The first one ended the series. I'm not discussing the second one. The Third one ended the series as well. The fourth one was call END GAME. How could it have NOT FUCKING ENDED THERE?

CBTao
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:35:34 AM
quote:
UBT said this about your mom:

Lambert is listed in the credits as Conner.

the benefit of immortal movies is they don't need to follow chronological order.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-14-2005 12:36:47 AM
It's a desecration of Sandlot. That movie was a classic. It taught us more sexist, racist and chauvinist thoughts in one hour than most shows do in entire seasons.

But it was classic!

Now it's being raped by adding a girl to the team! GIRLS CAN'T PLAY BASEBALL!

Goma
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:38:52 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Pirotess:
It's a desecration of Sandlot. That movie was a classic. It taught us more sexist, racist and chauvinist thoughts in one hour than most shows do in entire seasons.

But it was classic!

Now it's being raped by adding a girl to the team! GIRLS CAN'T PLAY BASEBALL!

I thought the exact same thing. Why did they have to go and add a chick to the team? That shit would never fly in real life.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-14-2005 12:44:49 AM
quote:
UBT's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

There's zero continuity between any of the Highlander movies. Just take a look at Highlander 2, how bizarre was that?

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-14-2005 12:54:37 AM
We used to watch Sandlot every week in Day care when I was a kid. I loved that movie.

Seeing this makes me feel angry and violent.

Fizodeth fucked around with this message on 06-14-2005 at 12:54 AM.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-14-2005 12:56:25 AM
At least the Bad News Bears remake looks pretty good.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-14-2005 01:03:48 AM
I hope they didn't fuck it up. I loved this book.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-14-2005 01:04:43 AM
James Earl Jones was the only good part about Sandlot 2. Well, that's being a LITTLE harsh. It had its occasional moments.

But the original was soooooooo much better.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-14-2005 01:13:02 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I hope they didn't fuck it up. I loved this book.

I must see this.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -PhĆØdre nĆ³ Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 01:18:17 AM
quote:
UBT stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

The Hunted. I loved that movie the first time I saw it.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 06-14-2005 01:21:24 AM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I must see this.

Only if they didn't screw it up. I read something about Sophie's age changing throughout the movie.

The castle looks awesome. I saw a commercial on G4 and that's how I found out about it. Calcifer looks great.

It does annoy me they just HAD to change the names, though. Sophie and Howl weren't good enough? Plus I fear they won't convey the British humor from the book.

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 01:30:06 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's fortune cookie read:
Only if they didn't screw it up. I read something about Sophie's age changing throughout the movie.

The castle looks awesome. I saw a commercial on G4 and that's how I found out about it. Calcifer looks great.

It does annoy me they just HAD to change the names, though. Sophie and Howl weren't good enough? Plus I fear they won't convey the British humor from the book.

Easy, easy, no need to get so upset about it being 'not good enough'. Read the English names. It is Sophie and Howl. It's not unusual for names to change to similar but more familiar names when moving between the East and the West.

Father McKenzie fucked around with this message on 06-14-2005 at 01:30 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-14-2005 01:42:00 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Tron:

I haven't read the book, but the movie sure was really good.

And Sofi and Hauru would be how those names are pronounced in Japanese. They aren't actually changing the names, they just spelled it in the cast list based on how it sounds when they say it.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 06-14-2005 02:16:43 AM
My point is how they say it should have stayed Sophie and Howl. Those are their names in the book.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-14-2005 02:18:05 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Vallo:
The Hunted. I loved that movie the first time I saw it.

Are you sure? Isn't it called "Crying Freeman"? Or is that just the name of the comic it was based on?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-14-2005 02:18:27 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
My point is how they say it should have stayed Sophie and Howl. Those are their names in the book.

They can't pronounce it that way. It's not sounds they can make normally.

Japanese people can't pronounce L sounds and Sofi sounds exactly the same as Sophie. It's just that there is no ph in Japanese and ie makes a different sound.

At least, this is what I remember. If someone who speaks the language wants to confirm this, that'd be great. I know very little Japanese from when I tried to teach myself for a week.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 06-14-2005 at 02:19 AM.

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 02:24:14 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

The names don't work in Japanese. It's not a "not good enough." I really don't think they were casting stones Western names. They do the same thing when they move anime over here a lot of the time. Kogorou Mouri becomes Roger Moore. It doesn't make sense that a Japanese native would be named Roger Moore, but it sounds much better when put in a sentence of English words rather than forcing in Kogorou Mouri.

Besides, surely you know by now that Japanese people can't properly pronounce an L! Kidding aside, unless the Japanese voice actors really forced themselves, Howl would probably still sound like Hauru.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-14-2005 04:12:37 AM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
There's zero continuity between any of the Highlander movies. Just take a look at Highlander 2, how bizarre was that?

Yar. Just pertend they're all stand alone movies. Don't try to cross the tv series with the movies either, it doesn't jive

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 06-14-2005 11:35:20 AM
quote:
Father McKenzie had this to say about Knight Rider:
The names don't work in Japanese. It's not a "not good enough." I really don't think they were casting stones Western names. They do the same thing when they move anime over here a lot of the time. Kogorou Mouri becomes Roger Moore. It doesn't make sense that a Japanese native would be named Roger Moore, but it sounds much better when put in a sentence of English words rather than forcing in Kogorou Mouri.

Besides, surely you know by now that Japanese people can't properly pronounce an L! Kidding aside, unless the Japanese voice actors really forced themselves, Howl would probably still sound like Hauru.

Then the proper thing to do would be put the originl name and put the Japanese spelling with ( ) or /

Not leave the name out altogether. And I really hope he doesn't turn this some mystical Japanese myth, cause that's not what the story is. That's part of the charm of what Diana Wynne Jones writes. It's fantasy, but it's very...normal, fantasy. Down to earth.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-14-2005 11:48:23 AM
quote:
Goma obviously shouldn't have said:
Why did they have to go and add a chick to the team?

They made the Honeymooners Black.

Hollywood doesnt really care about accuracy or nostalgic ties which would in essence make these ventures popular in the first place.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-14-2005 11:51:57 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
They made the Honeymooners Black.

Hollywood doesnt really care about accuracy or nostalgic ties which would in essence make these ventures popular in the first place.

They had to make the Honeymooners black. If they had another fat white guy as Ralph there would have been riots.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:54:36 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Cuba:
Are you sure? Isn't it called "Crying Freeman"? Or is that just the name of the comic it was based on?

I didn't know it was even based off a comic, but I am certain the movie is The Hunted.

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-14-2005 01:09:32 PM
In the Honeymooner's defense, Cedric the Entertainer is pretty God damn funny.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-14-2005 02:41:10 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about dark elf butts:
In the Honeymooner's defense, Cedric the Entertainer is pretty God damn funny.

Yeah, but you still have to ask yourself... Why?

Same goes for the new Kojak. Just... Why? If it's a need for more Black Cop dramas, why not just remake Shaft for TV. But... Kojak... Show sucks by the way, and I actually semi like Ving Raimes.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 06-14-2005 03:21:31 PM
Egads, guys, Sandlot 2 has been out forever... I think its success is pretty well indicated by the fact that we only got 1 VHS and like 3 DVDs of it for rent.

Tarzan II came out today, though! That sucker takes up a whole row.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-14-2005 03:30:20 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about pies:
Then the proper thing to do would be put the originl name and put the Japanese spelling with ( ) or /

Not leave the name out altogether. And I really hope he doesn't turn this some mystical Japanese myth, cause that's not what the story is. That's part of the charm of what Diana Wynne Jones writes. It's fantasy, but it's very...normal, fantasy. Down to earth.

If you'll notice, further down on the cast list, they do spell it Sophie and Howl for the English version credits.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-14-2005 03:32:08 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about the Spice Girls:

Uh..the only place the names are going to be spelled in the Japanese format would be for Japanese audiences in the cast list and that's just so they know how to pronounce it the correct way.

Disney says Sophie and Howl in the dub and they're going to write the names as they are in English in the Subtitles when they release the DVD. You are getting upset over NOTHING.

And it was a good movie. Why don't you go see it and see for yourself.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 06-14-2005 05:43:31 PM
Because it's not coming to Indianapolis until the 17th.

It gives me time to dig out my copy and re-read anyway.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 06-14-2005 07:47:08 PM
*notes that the highlander movies that Sean connery was in were good, for the points that sean connery was in them.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: