EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Green sky = bad
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 06-13-2005 05:28:33 PM
I was on my way from work and the sky was a very deep green colour. And of course it's been incredibly humid and hot around where I live for the last week and a half.
Now I'm all for rain storms and thunder storms, but these green clouds really give me the creeps. Has anyone else had weather like this around where they live in the last few days or are the meteorologists predicting this kind of weather?

edit: Okies, lots of lightning and thunder so I'm gonna turn my computer off.

Lechium fucked around with this message on 06-13-2005 at 05:29 PM.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 06-13-2005 05:34:14 PM
I've heard that green sky can be a precursor to tornados. Since I don't live in Kansas or anything, I don't have any anecdotal evidence to back that up, though.

-H

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 05:38:36 PM
quote:
This one time, at Hellbender camp:
I've heard that green sky can be a precursor to tornados. Since I don't live in Kansas or anything, I don't have any anecdotal evidence to back that up, though.

-H

I've heard that too, but we get more hurricanes than tornados really.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-13-2005 06:16:12 PM
quote:
Hellbender stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

-H

I live in Iowa. I can back that up.

But, I hear that Oz is nice this time of the year. The lollypop harvest is just coming in, and all the shoes are on sale. I'm sure Lechium will have a wonderful time.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 06-13-2005 06:19:22 PM
But why does the sky turn green?
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-13-2005 06:21:55 PM
I'm coming for you.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-13-2005 06:42:00 PM
quote:
Ruvyen thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
But why does the sky turn green?

I've never gotten a good answer for that one. Sorry.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-13-2005 07:17:54 PM
USA Today green thunderstorms article.

Its a start atleast. light defraction and particle scattering, water vapor density and such, couple interesting thoughts on the cause.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-13-2005 09:18:56 PM
We're getting bad weather in Indiana too.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 06-13-2005 11:06:34 PM
I told you all the dark lord was coming.

BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 06-13-2005 11:10:12 PM
I can finally turn my computer back on! And according to our rain gauge, we aparently recieved more rain than the gauge can measure. It stops around 7 inches. We got all that rain in about 3 hours of time, and the thunder and lightning passed about an hour and a half ago.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
CBTao
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 12:46:45 AM
that means within like 2-3 days I'm gonna get some heavy ass storms, awesome!
Ares
posted 06-14-2005 12:53:39 AM
Bad weather up here too.

OMG IT'S A TERRORIST ATTACK!

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 06-14-2005 07:38:00 AM
Martial weather!
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 06-14-2005 08:14:11 AM
It has been insanely rainy for Colorado these last couple of weeks, as well. I normally see maybe 3-4 rainy days the entire summer, but that's how many SUNNY days we've had in the last two weeks.

Makes up for the horrid drought we had the last couple of years, I guess.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-14-2005 08:26:32 AM
Mostly sunny. 90. Gorgeous.

Yeah, I know. Won't last forever. There has been tons of rain & storms recently, but... I love those too!

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-14-2005 11:53:20 AM
I been in Springfield IL for the last week and we've had 2 Thunderstorms that had the friends I been staying with shitting on tornadoes....

In the end they turned out to be 10 minutes of wind and rain, eventually dying to drizzle and gone... or in the words of Shakespeare "full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing"... I am deeply disappointed...

In other news, I head off to Boston today, with a side trip for 3 days into Canuckistan (Toronto). Maybe they have better storms up there...

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-14-2005 05:57:34 PM
See, shoulda come to Indy. We had an F0 and F1 tornado Sunday.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 12:28:20 AM
[edit]Double post BAD

Cavalier- fucked around with this message on 06-15-2005 at 12:31 AM.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 12:30:37 AM
Actually, I'm gunna be back in Springfield IL for July 4... I might make a side detour across to Indy before I head back to TX to drop off the rental car (on my way back to LAX)

I gotta try to round up Bajah, Fae, et al Texans for a quick Howdy-do when I'm in Houston (or depending on where they are as I pass through to HOU)... Plus I need to try to get Callalron, Nae, etc in Vegas organised as I head back to LA...

Man... I thought 9 weeks would be plenty to see everyone and everything here... but the way it's going I might have to hide in someone's basement and take on a Mexican accent to try to get more time...

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-15-2005 12:36:01 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Cavalier- said:
Actually, I'm gunna be back in Springfield IL for July 4... I might make a side detour across to Indy before I head back to TX to drop off the rental car (on my way back to LAX)

I gotta try to round up Bajah, Fae, et al Texans for a quick Howdy-do when I'm in Houston (or depending on where they are as I pass through to HOU)... Plus I need to try to get Callalron, Nae, etc in Vegas organised as I head back to LA...

Man... I thought 9 weeks would be plenty to see everyone and everything here... but the way it's going I might have to hide in someone's basement and take on a Mexican accent to try to get more time...

So you're only coming through Texas on a stop over? If so, unfortunately im in the Dallas area and due to circumstances no way I can afford to hit up Houston. Or I would, not like I need much excuse to visit Matt and Tim heh.

"Hey, we bought Donkey Kongo"
"Sweet, we'll be over in a few hours"
"Cool"

With those two its really gotten to the point of a second family deal, only we like visiting those relatives heh. At the moment, just a bit to expensive.

If however you come through the Dallas area and have a few hours or so to blow, let me know, you can come out here and chill on the lake... As long as you dont mind sharing your space with Demons in angelic clothes.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-15-2005 12:47:20 AM
What day are you going to be in houston?
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-15-2005 12:51:16 AM
Just.. our normal raininess.. with brief moments of sun... but 50's and 60's ... kinda cold for summer...
Private Part
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 07:05:29 PM
Woo! it rained and hailed here :-D... isnt Hail a precursor to tornadoes too??
One by one, the penguins
steal my sanity
UBT
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 10:52:19 PM
It's a toasty 98 degrees outisde right now at 8pm. I love Vegas!!!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: