EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Freelance Piloting?
Legonaire
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 11:49:16 AM
I recently took up playing SWG again but now I am stuck on a certain point in my neutral piloting career. After obtaining 2/2/2/2 as a freelance pilot my instructer sent me to speak with Jabba's assistant for my next set of quests and training, the problem is I can't get to him because I am not allied with Jabba.

Now here is my dilema, do I have to start doing all the quests for Jabba in order to continue my training in piloting? I find this kind of odd because I am only CL1 because I didnt want to do anything except the space expansion, the first quest I get sent on to improve my faction with Jabba has me killing level 35 tuskens which isnt going to happen.

Allah's site hasn't been any help on this so I figured I'd pose the question to those who still play regularly. Do the other piloting profession require doing the themeparks in order to become a master pilot?

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 06-13-2005 12:08:49 PM
No, run the missions from the tattooine space station..

I think.. its been a while since I ran the missions from the palace, I dont recall how far into Jabba's palace you have to go.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-13-2005 12:42:35 PM
You work for Jabba, so you need to earn his trust, ie run through the quests.

Sorry, but you were being very foolish thinking you could play half a game without touching the other more important half.

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 02:50:28 PM
Well I went the space route because it seemed to be a bit easier soloing, credits came alot faster and I figured I could save up for the ground part of the game later.
Was just interested in knowing if you went rebel or imperial if you had to do the same thing? Back when I had to stop playing last I had an imperial pilot but I believe he was only 2/2/1/1 and was working out of the Emporer's retreat. I was able to pilot from there because of a quest that the space station gave me.
Anyways thank you both for the information, looks like I will be attempting the ground game a little sooner then I had expected.
If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 04:00:39 PM
quote:
Legonaire had this to say about (_|_):
Well I went the space route because it seemed to be a bit easier soloing, credits came alot faster and I figured I could save up for the ground part of the game later.
Was just interested in knowing if you went rebel or imperial if you had to do the same thing? Back when I had to stop playing last I had an imperial pilot but I believe he was only 2/2/1/1 and was working out of the Emporer's retreat. I was able to pilot from there because of a quest that the space station gave me.
Anyways thank you both for the information, looks like I will be attempting the ground game a little sooner then I had expected.

Having done Storm Squadron (the toughest of the Imperial Squadrons) I didn't have to do ANY ground game. I just got my missions without having to make anyone happy.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-13-2005 04:08:36 PM
Storm Squadron's stuff once you start working on Tier 2 stuff has to talk to the Storm Squadron commander in Bestine. I guess it depends on what sort of question you are asking. If you're asking if faction makes a difference, I'd imagine so. When I installed JTL they asked me what faction I wanted to play, and I chose Imperial. Simple.

Lyinar, however, picked up the "Total Experience" package, and had to earn 200 Imperial faction points before the Imperial pilot trainer would speak to her.

So I suppose if you had SWG/JTL prior to Rage of the Wookiees, the old system would have been in effect when you went through everything as far as joining a faction in your first time around. Or in the very least, with the new system in place, you would assume you didn't have to do anything to get going.

But it seems strange to me with this new revamp that you managed to get as far as you have without needing some sort of positive faction with your "Independent" trainer/reps (like Lyinar needed to have with the Imperials for Storm Squadron) Likewise, surely it can't be that hard to get faction with Jabba.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael fucked around with this message on 06-13-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 04:32:38 PM
For The RSF I didn't need to do any groundwork, nor do i rember needing to do any for CorSec.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 06-13-2005 04:37:48 PM
It depends on which squadrons you join. For Imperials I joined the Inquisitors and did the emergency mission presented to me by Naboo station. While I did all the ground missions for the Smugglers Alliance as a Privateer, Tatooine Station provides the space missions that will allow you access to Jabba's palace. For Vortex Squadron (rebel) Dantooine station will have an emergency mission for you that will allow you to land at the abandoned rebel base there.
Alaan
posted 06-13-2005 05:06:41 PM
quote:
Kennatsu probably says this to all the girls:
It depends on which squadrons you join. For Imperials I joined the Inquisitors and did the emergency mission presented to me by Naboo station. While I did all the ground missions for the Smugglers Alliance as a Privateer, Tatooine Station provides the space missions that will allow you access to Jabba's palace. For Vortex Squadron (rebel) Dantooine station will have an emergency mission for you that will allow you to land at the abandoned rebel base there.

Does doing the emergency stuff for Naboo station unlock the ability to land at Emperor's Retreat?

Father McKenzie
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 05:56:15 PM
When exactly does SWG take place, continuity wise?
Gork
Pancake
posted 06-13-2005 06:08:27 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Father McKenzie!

Dosent.

quote:
But it seems strange to me with this new revamp that you managed to get as far as you have without needing some sort of positive faction with your "Independent" trainer/reps (like Lyinar needed to have with the Imperials for Storm Squadron) Likewise, surely it can't be that hard to get faction with Jabba.

It isnt hard to get faction with Jabba if you are able to kill valarian alligned NPC's but as he said hes CL 1.

However faction is only the beginning of the issue here, say he had 5000 Jabba Faction. He still couldnt get to Jabba's Pilot Trainer, because the way jabba's palace/themepark works is as you complete missions you are told to help a new person, in areas progressively deeper in jabba's palace. The trainer is in the last area you unlock through the themepark, the actual throne-room.

Now as far as getting in without doing all the quests, I had already done the themepark (Pre CU) because my PA was doing a vette run, or deathwatch bunker or something and I needed to get it done. Seems kinda harsh that they would bottleneck you that way though. Check the knowledge base yet?

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-13-2005 06:17:49 PM
quote:
Father McKenzie had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Officially it's between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back, but many elements of continuity have had to be thrown out the window.

Gadani
U
posted 06-13-2005 06:39:52 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Father McKenzie said:

Before the hype and before the dunk, after the rhythm but before the funk.

I'm so tired of seeing that commercial

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 06-13-2005 10:20:27 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about pies:
Does doing the emergency stuff for Naboo station unlock the ability to land at Emperor's Retreat?

That's right. However, you have to join the Inquisitors to get that mission. Sometime when you become a Tier 2 pilot and you go to Naboo station they'll want you to do a special emergency mission for them.

Alaan
posted 06-13-2005 10:58:40 PM
quote:
Kennatsu thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
That's right. However, you have to join the Inquisitors to get that mission. Sometime when you become a Tier 2 pilot and you go to Naboo station they'll want you to do a special emergency mission for them.

Yeah. Have the mission. Will need to snag a buddy or get a better TIE to take it down though. 3 Tier 2s and a Tier 3 are not fun in a TIE-Light.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 06-13-2005 11:06:45 PM
I gave Mighti back the TIE Fighter he gave me the money to buy on Tarq. If he's still got it you could probably grab it.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-14-2005 01:50:26 AM
quote:
Legonaire had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Allah's site hasn't been any help on this ...

I would refrain from looking for help for games, featuring scantily clad (alien) chicks, on religious websites.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mightion Defensor
posted 06-14-2005 03:47:42 AM
quote:
And the Replyobots combined to form Dr. Gee, who roared:
I gave Mighti back the TIE Fighter he gave me the money to buy on Tarq. If he's still got it you could probably grab it.

I put it in the "Ships and deeds" toolbox that was in Squadron Headquarters.

As to what happened with Lyinar, I'm guessing it asked her right off what faction to fly for, and she chose Privateer, based on what she said. I think if she'd chosen Imperial at new char creation, it would have made her and Imp on the ground and in space; but I haven't made a new character to find out. Only thing the Total Experience got her would have been the BARC speederbike. I couldn't get that without buying it from a player, but since I pre-ordered JTL, I can get a new Flash Speeder deed if I ever need a new one, simply by typing /flashspeeder and paying 20k.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-14-2005 11:32:02 AM
If I order Rage of the Wookies from the Sony Store, I get the lizard, right?

Lyinar may have the badass bike, but I will have her Obi Wan's lizard. GYA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-14-2005 11:33:20 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said:

Lyinar may have the badass bike, but I will have her Obi Wan's lizard. GYA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeppers.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-14-2005 11:38:12 AM
Actually with TE it doesn't ask your faction at char creation. I managed to become a Privateer pilot wandering around Mos Eisley gathering quests and I have no idea who I talked to for it. It didn't tell me I had joined up with anything, unlike how clear it was when I joined the Imps finally.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gork
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 02:47:50 AM
Deth... The BARC is worth 4-8million the Lizard is worth 1 million. The Lizard is a cool mount and all, but the BARC is fast and is the only vechicle in the game that can be repaired from a disabled state... Also, it dosent make any noise. Additionally it degrades pretty slowly.
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 06-15-2005 06:11:25 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stammered:

I downloaded it and never got my lizard

*hugs his barc speeder* 30 dollars well spent?

New Age Bane fucked around with this message on 06-15-2005 at 06:12 AM.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-15-2005 11:09:53 AM
He taunts me with that because I am an Obi Wan fanatic.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-15-2005 11:23:48 AM
Yes as long as I have the Lizard, she cannot be one with Obi-Wan.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 11:42:37 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:
Yes as long as I have the Lizard, she cannot be one with Obi-Wan.

Did you mean it to sound that way?!?!

http://www.bloodfin.net
UBT
Pancake
posted 06-15-2005 11:45:17 AM
Yes. He's saying he owns Obi-Wan's "lizard" and that Lyinar can't become one with Obi-Wan now because of it.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-15-2005 04:22:37 PM

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: