EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 7 year old beats baby to death
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 06-03-2005 02:45:35 PM
That is impressivly disturbing.

I wonder what they're going to decide to do with him? No matter what this dude is going to cause some serious problems down the road.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 06-03-2005 02:47:07 PM
Give the kid extensive therapy until he's old enough to be arrested, then consider arresting him.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 06-03-2005 03:12:53 PM
Almost as disturbing as the two kids in Britain who tortured a toddler to death...

Maradon!
posted 06-03-2005 03:15:22 PM
Lobotomy
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-03-2005 03:16:04 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about (_|_):
Lobotomy

Why not outright kill him?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-03-2005 03:32:28 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

We're barbaric Americans remember. We'll get around to it eventually.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Maradon!
posted 06-03-2005 03:32:55 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mod booooze lime pole over bench lick:

that would be cruel, rofl

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 06-03-2005 03:34:22 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mod was all like:

We need to wait another decade for him to kill someone else before we can wait another decade for that to happen.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 06-03-2005 03:39:14 PM
Main question in my mind is where were the parents. (outside partying)
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Mod
Pancake
posted 06-03-2005 03:40:49 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about (_|_):
that would be cruel, rofl

So how is a lobotomy better?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ares
posted 06-03-2005 03:45:29 PM
The baby probably deserved it.

I'm joking of course.. That's really sad. :/

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-03-2005 04:07:53 PM
quote:
McElroy said the adults heard no commotion or noise from inside the house.

I call bullshit.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-03-2005 04:14:39 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I call bullshit.

I wouldn't.

The first blow from a 7 year old against a baby is likely to silence her. There wouldn't be much noise generated from a beating if the baby isn't crying, screaming, or otherwise making noise.

It's highly likely no one would have heard a sound from inside any moderately decent home, and in some cases shoddy homes even. Especially if you are outdoors in the middle of a coversation.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-03-2005 04:20:08 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I call bullshit.

I don't. Things can happen inside a house and if it is big enough you can't hear whats going on inside. I would say that the 7-year old covered the baby's mouth so that it wouldn't scream as he beat the life out of it, but the story doesn't go into that kind of detail.

I honestly don't see how the parents could be blamed for this. Theres no fucking way that you can tell if one of your kids is going to beat a baby while you are outside. A 7 year old shouldn't need THAT much supervision. (Especially at midnight, the kid should have been asleep.)

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-03-2005 04:21:18 PM
Video games did it!!
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-03-2005 04:21:58 PM
I know the area this happened in, it's all solid concrete block housing. You don't hear anything through those walls, let me assure you.

Here's the link to the Tampa Tribune's article about what punishments could possibly be enacted on the 7-year-old. It's a sad sad story all around

Xyrra fucked around with this message on 06-03-2005 at 04:23 PM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-03-2005 08:32:10 PM
In my defense, the baby was kind of being a dick.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-03-2005 09:28:00 PM
I bet he got it from that recent episode of Robot chicken. You know, "World's most one sided fist fights".

Then the show will get cancelled, and I will be sad.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-04-2005 07:06:30 AM
quote:
The unidentified boy was not taken into custody and is living with his mother in Lakeland while prosecutors make their decision.

I know he's only 7, but would you be able to live with someone who killed your baby, even if he is a child related to you?

quote:
Initially he told detectives he dropped the baby, and then later blamed other family members for hurting the infant before telling them what he had done, McElroy said.

Is it possible, perhaps, that this was done by someone other than the kid, and he's taking the rap because nothing will happen? Far-fetched, probably, but you never know.

We all know that there will be little, if any, repercussions on the kid.

I personally think that anyone who is a prime suspect in a murder should be incarcerated. The fact that they left him with his mom is disgusting. The boy should have at least been put in some sort of custody.

Then again, I am not a fan of 'try as a minor, try as an adult'. I dont think your age should constitute your punishment. Even in a case as extreme as this. I'll bet, in the end, the kid will be made out as a victim somehow and excuses for his actions will be made.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-04-2005 07:18:05 AM
quote:
From the book of Azakias, chapter 3, verse 16:
I personally think that anyone who is a prime suspect in a murder should be incarcerated. The fact that they left him with his mom is disgusting. The boy should have at least been put in some sort of custody.

Then again, I am not a fan of 'try as a minor, try as an adult'. I dont think your age should constitute your punishment. Even in a case as extreme as this. I'll bet, in the end, the kid will be made out as a victim somehow and excuses for his actions will be made.

1) Incarcerating people without a verdict should be limited as much as possible since it's an extremely abusable power to give the state and due to the stigma and social disruption it causes, imagine some guy being fingered as a suspect in an investigation, spending four months in jail while the police work on the case, then being found not guilty. He has now lost his job and his house, most likely has been severely injured by other inmates or guards due to the shoddy way 95% of the world runs their prisons and has been branded as a murder suspect since most of the population is too braindead to differentiate between 'suspected' and 'guilty'. Aside from what this does to individuals, do you really think this is a good power for the state to weld at it's leisure?

It should only be allowed when there is a real danger that the suspect will either destroy evidence, leave the country or commit another crime, I don't see a seven year old taking off to Mexico.

2) If a seven year old, in your opinion, is just as able to comprehend the consequences of their actions and make rational decisions as an adult and thus no consideration should be made about her age when it comes to punishment, I'd like your opinion on allowing seven year olds to drive cars, age of consent laws, drinking age and parents making medical decisions for their kids.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-04-2005 07:48:05 AM
quote:
A 7-year-old boy fatally beat his baby half-sister
quote:
Seven-month-old Jayza Laney Simms was dead on arrival at St. Joseph's Hospital where her parents rushed her. Police declined to release the names of the boy or his parents
Yeah, that'll work.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-04-2005 11:44:36 AM
quote:
Azakias got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Is it possible, perhaps, that this was done by someone other than the kid, and he's taking the rap because nothing will happen? Far-fetched, probably, but you never know.

We all know that there will be little, if any, repercussions on the kid.

The boy's mother is not the mother of the baby. He was staying with his father and his father's girlfriend, who are the parents of the dead girl.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-04-2005 12:22:34 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Mod:
1) Incarcerating people without a verdict should be limited as much as possible since it's an extremely abusable power to give the state and due to the stigma and social disruption it causes, imagine some guy being fingered as a suspect in an investigation, spending four months in jail while the police work on the case, then being found not guilty. He has now lost his job and his house, most likely has been severely injured by other inmates or guards due to the shoddy way 95% of the world runs their prisons and has been branded as a murder suspect since most of the population is too braindead to differentiate between 'suspected' and 'guilty'. Aside from what this does to individuals, do you really think this is a good power for the state to weld at it's leisure?

It should only be allowed when there is a real danger that the suspect will either destroy evidence, leave the country or commit another crime, I don't see a seven year old taking off to Mexico.

2) If a seven year old, in your opinion, is just as able to comprehend the consequences of their actions and make rational decisions as an adult and thus no consideration should be made about her age when it comes to punishment, I'd like your opinion on allowing seven year olds to drive cars, age of consent laws, drinking age and parents making medical decisions for their kids.

In the first issue, I wasnt totally clear. In the second, I said something straight out retarded.

If it had been anyone but a small child who killed an infant, when they confessed as the article leads you to believe, they would be held by the state in some fashion, if only to post bail and go home.

In the second instance, I let my pissiness with the PC way things are get the better of me. I've noticed through personal experience that children who get away with murder (figuratively speaking) grow up to be degenerates. A child of age seven, in my opinion, should have already been taught that hitting others is not tolorated and if you have a problem with someone, be it any age, then you should take it up with your parents or some authority first.

I know I am coming to my own conclusions regarding all this, but chances are this kid was one who was allowed to 'express himself in any way he wanted'.

And I retract the earlier comment I made rashly, about age not being a factor. While the child should not have done this, should have known it was very wrong, it was the responsability of his caregiver to ensure he had that knowledge. Therefore, the caregiver should probably be taken to task. But I also think there should be repercussions of some kind for the seven year old. The likelihood of that is about nil, though.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 06-04-2005 12:45:54 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Azakias wrote:
While the child should not have done this, should have known it was very wrong, it was the responsability of his caregiver to ensure he had that knowledge. Therefore, the caregiver should probably be taken to task. But I also think there should be repercussions of some kind for the seven year old. The likelihood of that is about nil, though.

Just to throw more poop in the soup, so to speak, maybe it is the failing of the caregivers. His parents were divorced and had moved on to other relationships, and in his father's case, a relationship that brought other children at an age that requires more attention. It could be possible that the kid had fallen through the gap as his parents tried to get on with their lives and he felt the need to remind them of his existence.

This is in no way meant to excuse his actions, and his parents should be held responsible to some extent, but it's something more to consider.

This is why I have the utmost respect for Child Protective Services employees. The bullshit they put up with on a regular basis, it's amazing they can function at all. Sure, they have things fall between the cracks, but that's more due to inadequate funding and undertrained personnel than anything else.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 06-04-2005 02:33:57 PM
edit: whoops.

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 06-04-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-04-2005 03:30:12 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Cuba:
Stuff

Just a side note.

But Psychopaths are totally and completely incurable at this point. If someone is a violent psychopath they will always be a violent psychopath. No form of behavioural modification, medication, or therapy will cure it. So a clinically diagnosed psychopath will always be a psychopath and they will commit violent acts again. It's a fact. Nothing short of life confinement, a lobotomy (Where as you might as well kill them), or Death can solve the problem of a psychopath. And these issues can develope in very very young children. Mental disease or defect.

Whether this 7 year old is an actual psychopath or not I couldn't say, and wont pretend to be able to deduce that, I'm not a doctor, but if he is... He will kill again, and nothing can change that. He does show signs of psychopathic behavior. The fact that no mention of study of the 7 year old was mentioned is kinda disturbing in that respect.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 06-04-2005 at 03:31 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-04-2005 03:44:25 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Pirotess:
Just a side note.

But Psychopaths are totally and completely incurable at this point. If someone is a violent psychopath they will always be a violent psychopath. No form of behavioural modification, medication, or therapy will cure it. So a clinically diagnosed psychopath will always be a psychopath and they will commit violent acts again. It's a fact. Nothing short of life confinement, a lobotomy (Where as you might as well kill them), or Death can solve the problem of a psychopath. And these issues can develope in very very young children. Mental disease or defect.

Whether this 7 year old is an actual psychopath or not I couldn't say, and wont pretend to be able to deduce that, I'm not a doctor, but if he is... He will kill again, and nothing can change that. He does show signs of psychopathic behavior. The fact that no mention of study of the 7 year old was mentioned is kinda disturbing in that respect.

"It's a fact" somewhat clashes with a huge chunk of modern psychiatry which has been able to provide pretty damn disturbed people with the ability to live their day-to-day lives through therapy and / or medication.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-04-2005 03:54:45 PM
quote:
Mod wrote this stupid crap:
"It's a fact" somewhat clashes with a huge chunk of modern psychiatry which has been able to provide pretty damn disturbed people with the ability to live their day-to-day lives through therapy and / or medication.

Disturbed People != Psychopaths (Of which there are also various levels). There are so many levels of "disturbed" minds, some which can be fixed or at least lessened with therapy and drugs. Although you will note, even in THOSE situation there is no permanent fix, and under certain conditions if you are medicated or seeking therapy for a certain situation, once either is stopped the condition returns. So again, there is no real safetynet beyond life imprisonment, lobotmy, or death. And I said at this point, whether therapy may or may not be available in the future to help said people. It doesn't exist now.

The main issue is there is no way to force someone to learn/feel remorse, and no medication that can simulate it.

Also you'll note that quite a few conditions require lifetime confinement because they are incurable, or unhelpable. This is why we have people spending the rest of thier lives in mental institutions. Because without enforced therapy, medication, or treatment, they cannot function or promote harm to themselves or others.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 06-04-2005 at 03:59 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-04-2005 03:58:19 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Disturbed People != Psychopaths (Of which there are also various levels). There are so many levels of "disturbed" minds, some which can be fixed or at least lessened with therapy and drugs. Although you will note, even in THOSE situation there is no permanent fix, and under certain conditions if you are medicated or seeking therapy for a certain situation, once either is stopped the condition returns. So again, there is no real safetynet beyond life imprisonment, lobotmy, or death. And I said at this point, whether therapy may or may not be available in the future to help said people. It doesn't exist now.

The main issue is there is no way to force someone to learn/feel remorse, and no medication that can simulate it.

There is no permanent fix for many illnesses, some people have to permanently carry a pacemaker, this is no different, some people need dialysis to live their lives, some need therapy sessions.

Also it would not be far-fetched to construe your advocacy of liberal life imprisonment or death as lack of remorse.

Mod fucked around with this message on 06-04-2005 at 03:59 PM.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-04-2005 04:01:47 PM
quote:
Mod had this to say about Duck Tales:
There is no permanent fix for many illnesses, some people have to permanently carry a pacemaker, this is no different, some people need dialysis to live their lives, some need therapy sessions.

Also it would not be far-fetched to construe your advocacy of liberal life imprisonment or death as lack of remorse.

You're comparison here serves no purpose. A persona confined to a life with a pacemaker offers no harm to anyone, not even themselves, it is a method to prolonging their life. Also someone with a pacemaker is in no way disfuntional in respect to anyone else, not even themselves except possibly in the case of limitation on some of thier activities.

Your second statment also holds no water. As its pre-emptive remorse knowing that these incurable people will kill again, it also says that I somehow dont feel sorrow or pity for someone who is forced to be put into that situation, which is also not true.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 06-04-2005 at 04:03 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: