EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gamefly suggestions?
Freedan
Pancake
posted 05-30-2005 11:22:19 PM
I've had an account for about a month now and I've run out of games I want to try. I have a PS2, Nintendo DS, and a NGC with no controllers actually, so no Gamecube suggestions, please.

I'll take any ideas other then sports and sim games

Gadani
U
posted 05-30-2005 11:32:43 PM
GOD OF WAR

All caps is necessary, you must get this game.

Freedan
Pancake
posted 05-30-2005 11:39:30 PM
Games I own:
Dark Cloud 2, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Dynasty Warriors 3, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 4, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Jade Cocoon 2, Kingdom Hearts, La Pucelle Tactics,Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, Samurai Warriors/Xtreme Legends, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Xenosaga.

for the DS:
Feel The Magic XX/XY, Spiderman, Super Mario 64 DS.

Games I rented:
Baldur’s Gate II: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Fatal Frame, Gradius V, Guilty Gear XX, King of Fighters 2002/3, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Monster Rancher 4, Wario Ware Touched!

Most of my games I own are in storage as I moved some time ago, and I can't actually remember most of the games I own and this list is only off the top of my head.

Freedan fucked around with this message on 05-30-2005 at 11:52 PM.

Freedan
Pancake
posted 05-30-2005 11:52:54 PM
How long or short is God of War?
Maradon!
posted 05-30-2005 11:58:25 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Freedan who doth quote:
How long or short is God of War?

Took me about a week and a half of obsessive playing to beat.

God of War is worth buying, rather than renting.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 05-30-2005 at 11:59 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 05-31-2005 12:06:01 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Took me about a week and a half of obsessive playing to beat.

I rented it and played it all day (I'm talking 8+ hours a day) for three days and beat it.

...but the replay value is awesome. If I had money, I'd buy this game.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 05-31-2005 12:59:37 AM
Stella Deus is a great, but virtually unknown it seems, game for the PS2
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-31-2005 03:34:17 AM
Buy a controller and get Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 05-31-2005 03:40:09 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Gadani booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I rented it and played it all day (I'm talking 8+ hours a day) for three days and beat it.

Well, granted, I have a life as well you see!

Gadani
U
posted 05-31-2005 03:43:12 AM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:
Well, granted, I have a life as well you see!

I know. I don't.

Byrnie
Pancake
posted 05-31-2005 04:41:02 AM
quote:
Vallo probably says this to all the girls:
Stella Deus is a great, but virtually unknown it seems, game for the PS2

Tell me more of this game.

Skaw
posted 05-31-2005 11:40:04 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Tarquinn was all like:
Buy a controller and get Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube.

And both Viewtiful Joe games, sure you can get them on the PS2, but... why would you?

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 05-31-2005 12:11:16 PM
quote:
Byrnie obviously shouldn't have said:
Tell me more of this game.

It's an RPG. Very challenging, fights against things that aren't stupid, and a combat system that almost but not really reminds me of the Xeno games. If you aren't a bad person, you will want to at least give this game a chance.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 05-31-2005 12:16:38 PM
GOW rules!
I want this game to have my babies
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 05-31-2005 12:52:25 PM
quote:
Vallo obviously shouldn't have said:
It's an RPG. Very challenging, fights against things that aren't stupid, and a combat system that almost but not really reminds me of the Xeno games. If you aren't a bad person, you will want to at least give this game a chance.

I decided to elaborate on this, since that was a horrible sorta explanation.

It's a strategy RPG set in the middle of a war with some allusions to religion. It is, in my opinion, second in the genre only to FFT - the original, the the GBA crap.

If I was going to make an analogy with Stella Deus' graphic it would be: Stella Deus' graphic to SRPG genre is to Half-Life 2 graphic in the First Person Shooter genre. For an SRPG, Stella Deus' graphic is gorgeous, and the cell-shaded graphic combined with the animation makes Stella Deus like a modern anime. If you are an anime fan, and like SRPG, the character design and graphics will hit the sweet spot. That brings up the character design. The character design in Stella Deus can't be described as "sensational," or "revolutionary," but the it is definitely unique. From top to bottom, the clothing in Stella Deus is unique, but exhibits some of the style from the Digital Devil Saga series (also from Atlus). The meat of the graphics lie in the battle animations. The battle animations really separates Stella Deus from the crowd (NIS games, FFT, etc.) The attacks are fluid, and the characters are no longer tiny 2D "cute" sprites, but more mature 2D “handsome” sprites with cell-shading.

Stella Deus' voice acting is not so great, especially Spero, the hero. The music isn't anything spectacular either; I felt that it wasn't grand enough to support the theme in the game.

The System used in Stella Deus grant the player a greater freedom than previous SRPG's. The AP system allows user to make different choices: whether to attack several times, to walk farther, etc. It also affects when the character's turn comes up again. The enemy AI in this game is above average, but it still exhibits the "wussy" AI that hindered some of the other ones...when the NPC's are too far away, they will not do anything at all. They just stand there, much like the AI in Disgaea and Pucelle. The player has to approach a certain radius for the enemy to move; this system can easily be exploited and makes the game much easier. The level up system is pretty generic, think FFT minus the job system.

Sean
posted 05-31-2005 01:03:50 PM
You've convinced me. I'm checking Best Buy for Stella Deus on my way home.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

The Flying Zebra
Sexist
posted 05-31-2005 02:31:45 PM
Why do I hear this AFTER I spend my paycheck on a new hard drive...that is now broken.
Freedan
Pancake
posted 05-31-2005 06:14:08 PM
Okay! God of War and Stella Deus.

I'm thinking of a Dynasty Warriors, does anyone know if 4 is better then 5, or other such reasons that I should get one over the other?

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-01-2005 02:36:45 AM
Go with five. Trust me on this, it is way more fun than four.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 06-01-2005 05:25:05 AM
I am so finding and buying Stella Deus now.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Sean
posted 06-01-2005 12:11:10 PM
Picked up Stella Deus used at GameStop this morning. Just now starting, but the FFT/Ogre Battle influence is incredible. I am in love.

This is also the most unforgiving RPG I have ever played. I still love it.

Sean fucked around with this message on 06-01-2005 at 04:09 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: