EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: About the FTP
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 05-25-2005 08:21:17 AM
OK, now to preface this I don't mind providing the FTP at all, I have practically limitless bandwidth, but what I don't have is limitless space. As I said when I put this thing up, I'd appreciate it if people did not just upload every imaginable thing and leave it lying around. A 400mb movie consisting of two shifting frames of color is novel and all, but since I assume that whoever uploaded this doesn't expect the rest of the world to wish to share, it'd be nice if they deleted it post downloaded use.

I will be doing some serious cleanup in the upload folder in the weekend, among other things deleting anything not neatly sorted into a folder (or put in a "new folder" folder...) that doesn't seem to have an obvious place in the existing folders. If you have any dear files that fall into this category, start looking into relocating them to a folder.

I also had to clean out the entire web folder because someone uploaded 8gb of MP3s overnight.

Zaza fucked around with this message on 05-25-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 05-25-2005 08:43:35 AM
Sorry I uploaded about 2g's worth a few weeks back. I had asked if there was a limit no one ever responded. I did not upload anything since though.

I dont know how to create a folder, When I tried I got a new folder but could not rename it.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-25-2005 09:04:26 AM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Zaza is getting drunk!
A 400mb movie consisting of two shifting frames of color
o.O

The only files I uploaded recently were a PDF and a 60MB video of a comedian. Are you sure the file you were looking at wasn't just broken?

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 05-25-2005 09:06:59 AM
quote:
`Doc had this to say about pies:
o.O

The only files I uploaded recently were a PDF and a 60MB video of a comedian. Are you sure the file you were looking at wasn't just broken?

It was a bunch of blue squares with green linings, followed by red squares and white circles.

Fuck if I know what it was supposed to be, but it was 400mb in size, and I deleted it.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 05-25-2005 11:45:14 AM
Arg need to redownload all the music Liam uploaded for me. Damn format.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-25-2005 12:19:07 PM
jesus christ, I don't even have that much music on my hard drive right now.

whoever did that is crazylikewhoah.

Gadani
U
posted 05-25-2005 12:23:34 PM
quote:
Kegwen's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
jesus christ, I don't even have that much music on my hard drive right now.

whoever did that is crazylikewhoah.

You don't have 400MB of music on your HD right now?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-25-2005 12:33:11 PM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Duck Tales:
You don't have 400MB of music on your HD right now?

Well, on my desktop, technically I don't have anything except what HL2 and Planetside installs..

quote:
Zaza had this to say about Robocop:
I also had to clean out the entire web folder because someone uploaded 8gb of MP3s overnight.

is what i was referring to

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 05-25-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 05-25-2005 12:38:26 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Kegwen wrote:
is what i was referring to

Oh, I didn't see that. Hah.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-25-2005 01:13:58 PM
Audioslave will be uploaded to the music directory as soon as I finish uploading all the Cable Vs Deadpool comics that are missing in your Comics directory. I will probably uploaded Wolverine - Enemy of the State as well.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-25-2005 01:26:47 PM
Deadpool Vs Cable is done.

Audioslave away she goooooeeeessss

Byrnie
Pancake
posted 05-25-2005 01:30:41 PM
quote:
Delidgamond had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Audioslave will be uploaded to the music directory as soon as I finish uploading all the Cable Vs Deadpool comics that are missing in your Comics directory. I will probably uploaded Wolverine - Enemy of the State as well.

You're my hero.

Maradon!
posted 05-25-2005 01:51:51 PM
What's the FTP address again?

HAHA KIDDING KIDDING

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-25-2005 01:55:47 PM
Audioslave done

JLA - Tower of Babal next and then Wolverine Enemy of the State after

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-25-2005 02:01:50 PM
quote:
One thousand monkies on one thousand typewriters would eventually write what Maradon! said;
What's the FTP address again?

HAHA KIDDING KIDDING

How's your hot sister?

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-25-2005 02:52:50 PM
In the past, I've tried deleting stuff I've uploaded but when I do, I'm told I don't have access to that ability.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-25-2005 03:08:02 PM
quote:
Azymyth is attacking the darkness!
In the past, I've tried deleting stuff I've uploaded but when I do, I'm told I don't have access to that ability.
Khyron's FTP had edit/delete capability prohibited for the EC account. This prevented people from overwriting or deleting each others' files, but had the unfortunate side-effect that people with poor connections left multiple file fragments on the server from failed uploads. Last I checked, Winter's Roar allowed the EC account to edit/delete files, and as I recall, Za warned people that the consequences of abusing that permission would be IP banishment.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Jackman
posted 05-25-2005 03:09:23 PM
Is his sister really hot or you guys just makeing that up? Was there ever a miss/MS EC forums beauty pagent?

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-25-2005 03:20:46 PM
JLA and Enemy of the state are finished uploading
Jackman
posted 05-25-2005 04:25:54 PM
Thank you .. reading them now.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: