EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 6 Degrees of EC
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-12-2005 05:36:52 PM
All right, so I'm not exactly challenging a six-step type knowledge game using EC members, though it might be interesting to try and figure out.

I'm curious, though. How many ECers do you know in person? And I don't mean "I met him once when I was in Vegas," or "We hung out for a few hours once or twice." I mean actually known for awhile, friends, etc.

For example, I've hung out for days at a time with Syn and KaL, Fae and his family, Timpofee, and Falaanla. I've met many others, too.

I know the Waiszlings all know each other, but I wonder if any of them have drifted apart.

How many people do you routinely hang out with that you didn't know before EC? I don't really mean sitting around in IRC across states and countries having deep meaningful conversations, either. hehe We're talking face to face, yo!

Yes, I'm trying to find a way to occupy the last 20 minutes of my work day.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-12-2005 05:42:04 PM
I urinated on Lemmy's face and made him smile while I did it.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-12-2005 05:50:49 PM
I thought Karnaj said you did that to him. Was he wearing a Lemmy Outfit?
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 05-12-2005 05:50:55 PM
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-12-2005 05:56:50 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Bajah wrote:
I thought Karnaj said you did that to him. Was he wearing a Lemmy Outfit?

I never said I didn't do it to Karnaj.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-12-2005 05:59:14 PM
That's true.
But is it also true that Gydyon and Bloodsage took turns doing the same to you?
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-12-2005 06:00:28 PM
I know Goma. That's it.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-12-2005 06:01:02 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Liam scored a straight 1 with:
I know Goma. That's it.

How is he, anyway? Don't see him 'round here too often these days.

Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 05-12-2005 06:04:54 PM
I know Blackened. That is all.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Suddar
posted 05-12-2005 06:28:42 PM
Nobody at the moment. I try not to introduce people to the boards.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-12-2005 06:29:57 PM
Same as Suddar, though I've hung out with Blindy two or three times.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-12-2005 06:41:14 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Suddar's junta released this statement:
Nobody at the moment. I try not to introduce people to the boards.

Ditto. I don't want them to know my shame*.

Edit: *I actually have no shame, but it seemed like a good thing to say.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 05-12-2005 at 06:42 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 05-12-2005 07:10:09 PM
I know gunslinger. I could, possibly, meet Peter (Ocean is about a 10 minute drive from where we live)
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 05-12-2005 07:12:58 PM
I havent had the pleasure of meeting anyone from EC.
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-12-2005 07:19:01 PM
quote:
Bajah got a whole lot of nerve:
How is he, anyway? Don't see him 'round here too often these days.

His mom called me last week saying he was going to Orlando. I think he's in Orlando! I dunno for sure though, I haven't spoken to him in awhile.

Sean
posted 05-12-2005 07:23:39 PM
I know Addy. It was only a few hours, because I scared her.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 05-12-2005 07:25:25 PM
I don't know anyone.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-12-2005 07:27:21 PM
I routinely hang out with no one. Maybe that'll change when I get a job. Fucking Gadani calls me at 8 or 9 AM like every day though.
Ares
posted 05-12-2005 08:11:26 PM
Beau-chan I've been close friends with for 7+ years. Last time I saw her was a week and half ago when she was in town.

I went to school with Jessica Rabbit for 7 years, but we were never that close. Last time I saw her was last year at the bus station.

RedMage dated my friend for a year or so...Well, you all know about that... Last time I saw him was passing by in mall during christmas.

Peter
Pancake
posted 05-12-2005 08:35:59 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Manticore:
I know gunslinger. I could, possibly, meet Peter (Ocean is about a 10 minute drive from where we live)

Could meet alot of danmed EC'ers since there a a few that live within an hour's driveing time from this area. Kal and Syn have come back to these cursed shores iffin I rember right, Karnaj lives some were in North Jersey, There are a few in NYC and Philly I belive. Iffin you want to extend the drive time, than it's about 1/2 day to a day trip for PA, New York, Delaware, Maryland, VA, and liek even some of those Kanucks from Montreal I am thinking, and shit if they are still doing them at all, Bloodsage or UBT migth be able to grab one of those cheap flight on a tanker to McGuire AFB, I imagine they have all sorts of flights comeing in since They are MAC for the east coast or some shit like that. Only thing that probally hold The Northeast ECer's from holding a get togather could be we are either way to busy, or not as outcoing as the others, beats me why we haven't treid it before.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 05-12-2005 08:51:44 PM
quote:
En Garde, Monsieur Ares! Them's Fightin words:
Beau-chan I've been close friends with for 7+ years. Last time I saw her was a week and half ago when she was in town.

And you ARE going to the thing Saturday!

I've known Jessica Rabbit for... 8 or nine years, and see her whenever I can.

RedMage I've known for 4 or so years, but I never get the chance to see him anymore.

I've only talked to Lechium (who lives near me!), Maradon, CBTao, and Pved over messenger, and Jaja over Christmas cards and LJ!

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-12-2005 08:57:22 PM
I've met Bajah, Timpo, Fal, Fae, Synny, KaL. I've hung out with Fae and Bajah at least twice.

Apparently Naimah lives in the same area, and went to my high school, but I have no idea who he is. I see that as a good thing.

I don't regularly associate with any ECers away from the boards, though.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 05-12-2005 10:09:18 PM
quote:
Why do ya build me up, Manticore-cup baby just to let me down, and mess me around?
I know gunslinger.

That's a bit of an understatement. We only grew up in the same house, share the same parents, go to the same school, see each other every day, and share the desire named Dairy Queen.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Gadani
U
posted 05-12-2005 10:10:45 PM
I know Gunslinger.

That's a bit of an overstatement.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 05-12-2005 11:57:14 PM
I've met several EC'ers, "hung out" with others on several occasions and well... married / divorced one.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-12-2005 11:58:31 PM
Now that I think of it, I've been married to one for 16 years.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 05-12-2005 at 11:59 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-13-2005 12:16:30 AM
I don't know any of them. If I lived near some, I would go out of my way to avoid running into them. I don't do face-to-face stuff well, and I find it more comfortable to post whatever here when I don't really know people on a personal level.

I know someone that's posted here a few times, but nowhere near enough to be considered a regular EC member (I think he's posted less than 5 times). If I ever go nuts though, my split personalities will likely be quite similar to my alt accounts. Would that count?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 05-13-2005 12:41:35 AM
Known Pesco forever, met Azakias, Bajah, and Timpofee. That's it.

-Tok

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-13-2005 02:03:36 AM
I know Tatsukaze. I don't think I've been able to convince anyone else to stick around.
DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 05-13-2005 04:15:28 AM
I am going to try to meet BigEasy later today, but who knows.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 05-13-2005 04:17:36 AM
Never met anyone, talked to Fizo on the phone once.

Considering Bajah was the one who showed me EC...yeah.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-13-2005 06:00:32 AM
the only ones i met that i can recall (forgive me if i'm going senile) are oz and woody.

plus the half dozen lurkers that joined because of me and faded away

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-13-2005 06:30:34 AM
I haven't met anyone, from this forum. I don't think you people like me.
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-13-2005 07:59:13 AM
Hireko and I met in college, and she introduced me to EC. Though I only met Nae and UBT through EC, I have spent a total of two weeks with them, and talked with Nae over the phone for several hours (in a row) before that. Recently I had a similarly long phone conversation with Ukko, and hope to head out his way for a visit eventually. I met Callalron a couple times while out there, but not really enough to say I know him at all.

If the NJ ECers planned a meet, I would try to attend. I'm a half-hour east of Manhattan (minutes from JFK airport), and met KaL and Syn once before they moved out to Texas for a while (then came back ).

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 05-13-2005 09:02:40 AM
quote:
Pesco enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
I've met several EC'ers, "hung out" with others on several occasions and well... married / divorced one.

Post of the year.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 05-13-2005 10:53:50 AM
Reasonably certain no one is near the Duluth, MN / Superior, WI area. So I've not met anyone. Though UBT and Nae did call me from Central MN after her brother's funeral when I was recovering from one of my surgeries in 2003. Only partially remember that phone call, I was pretty drugged up.
http://www.bloodfin.net
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-13-2005 11:03:23 AM
I know/have met a few (obviously).

But judging from my experiences, and my family's ongoing issues and experiences, I try to keep real life contact with internet friends to a minimum.

Call me biased, but since I discovered a life outside of the internet, I tend to pay more mind to my day to day and my Navy and USMC buddies, as well as my new and rather awesome DnD group(we play every Saturday at my apartment).

Still enjoy this place immensely though.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-13-2005 12:52:04 PM
Met:

Azy, Bajah, Timpo, Mooj, Synny, KaL, Callalron, Fae, Kilauea, Pesco, Densetsu...anyone I forgot from the Vegas Wedding/Fan Faire

Hung out with for extended periods: Azakias, Ryuujin...The games of Four Swords were fun.

Talk to all the time and have hung out with multiple times: Addy. Hopefully get another chance to hang out soon too.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 05-13-2005 01:39:44 PM
I know Deth and Lyinar personally.

That's just.. sad.

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 05-13-2005 02:11:32 PM
I've yet to actually meet anybody from the internet in person, let alone anybody from this place. I keep trying to take a road trip come summer but I can never pull the money together.

I don't know who I'd want to visit though, to be honest. Amber was on the list a couple years ago, just so I would have had another stop on my road trip, but I dunno about now.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: